Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Most Historic Vectrex find to date NOS Vectrex Kiosk, complete in box!

Dec 5, 2011 at 3:17:13 PM
dantendo (27)
(Judge Dredd) < Meka Chicken >
United States
This is museum worthy.. I would take this over a stadium events or any other kiosk out there my friend. Best find I have seen on this site for sure.

-------------------------

May 19, 2013 at 9:43:12 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
I didn't expect to ever say this, but I actually managed to score a second Vectrex Kiosk today out of pure dumb luck.

The story starts with me putting around this massive semiannual flea market in Brimfield Massachusetts this morning. It's a MASSIVE flea market, but the last place you'd expect to find any video games. It's nearly exclusively antiques. Well, we're about to leave when I hear a familiar noise from one of the booths. "Do-dada-dooooo!" I knew it, but couldn't immediately place it. I turn the corner, and there it is: Another Vectrex kiosk! It was easy to place the jingle now! With nearly no negotiating, I was packed up and headed home with a new toy. The kiosk isn't in the same pristine condition of my other kiosk (has the typical side-cracks), but it did come with some things my other kiosk was technically missing including the doorknob, assembly manual, and optional mounting feet. Pretty sweet.

Here's the new kiosk sitting in my garage:

And here's the original beauty in my office:

I'll likely be selling off the second kiosk in the near future. As much as I love it, it's hard to justify owning two. I hope to come close to breaking even and keep the manual and knob to complete my other set-up.

May 19, 2013 at 9:51:58 PM
del01 (81)
(Retrosexual ) < El Ripper >
Ontario
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

And here's the original beauty in my office:

Awesome man. I can't believe you found another. I would have that one in the office on an angle in the corner facing out to the room better.. but maybe that's just me.

My name is del01 and I approve this message.

If del was a chair...
I'd sit on it like Michelle Pfeiffer in the gangsters paradise video - Herbalist

Edited: 05/19/2013 at 09:52 PM by del01

May 19, 2013 at 9:59:46 PM
ColdStatic (19)
(Alex Hughes) < Meka Chicken >
Tennessee
That's badass. Any general ballpark on the value of these or are they rare enough that's it's basically how badly someone wants it?

Going for a complete US retail PS1 collection!
Always interested in PS1 stuff, commons included. Feel free to PM me any time!

May 19, 2013 at 10:20:46 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
That thing is killer! Both of them, ha.

May 19, 2013 at 11:28:34 PM
BL4CKV4LOR (4)
(Rick M) < Eggplant Wizard >
British Columbia
Hot damn!

May 20, 2013 at 2:36:05 AM
alexkidd401 (260)
(Maui Mallard) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Amazing find. Where the hell did you Mass Holes find this? It's existence is a shocker to me

Alexkidd401's Trade List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Alexkidd401's Want List
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

May 20, 2013 at 6:05:12 AM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
 You, sir, officially made me jealous of you!

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

May 20, 2013 at 10:00:51 AM
rexorz (45)
(Cody ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
Very cool!

My FT/FS Thread  UPDATED DAILY!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

May 20, 2013 at 6:11:01 PM
Rabidcamel (19)
(J ) < Meka Chicken >
Saskatchewan
Wow pretty amazing score and the kiosk looks awesome. Id like to play one of these someday.

My Favorite NES game of all time! Double Dragon 2 - 4 Life! -

N64 Games Im looking for must be complete and excellent condition or sealed
Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals
International Track & Field 2000

I have sales/trades available in my thread for the games above Im looking for. Check it out!

Oct 4, 2013 at 7:56:35 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Well, time to bump my epic Vectrex thread. I made a post over on DP regarding release dates, so I figured I should post my score for my boys over on NA. Here's the C+P job.

Here's a (crappy) pic of some of the games:

The PCBs shown are a little strange in that they're socketed. I believe that they're one-time programmable roms and not production roms (edit: the top cart is a one-time programmable rom, the other appears to be retail) . All the other carts have EPROMs with either the game name, date in which it was created, or a combination of the two.

The EPROM on Polar Rescue is dated 6/1. Now there's no year on it, but 6/1 is the exact same date I had on a previous Vectrex prototype I owned (Cosmic Chasm), so I'm thinking they were programmed on the same day in 1982 (The Cosmic Chasm prototype had the year listed). I'm rather sure that the Cosmic Chasm prototype was used at CES, and I'm wondering if that's the same case for this prototype.

The games were purchased in a large lot on eBay. I noticed that many had stickers that looked similar to prototypes I've owned and seen in the past. I contacted the seller before hitting the BIN, and she confirmed that her Uncle was employed by Milton Bradley and that some of the titles were pre-production games.

There are a number of other games that may be prototypes, but I'll have to do more research before I'm comfortable enough to confirm this. Many of the games are in Scramble cases with stickers placed over the label. Scramble was an early title, so it makes sense that they'd have cases for the games laying around as they were programming some newer titles.

Edited: 10/04/2013 at 08:01 PM by BeaglePuss

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:20:57 PM
th0rpe (36)
(JT ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I wasn't around for your previous finds, but those kiosks are beautiful! Happy for you finding these new protos too.

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:26:37 PM
adler_0 (60)
(Jesse Hric) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon
So cool! Hit me up if you decide to sell any. I'd love to own one of these!

------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for any "display only" N64 boxes.  PM me, $$$.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:13:15 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
I missed this thread the first couple times around. The fact that you found a video game related item at Brimfield fills me with hope/despair. Last time I spent ALL DAY rooting around there and found zilch.

Jul 05 at 5:05:52 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Here's an unlikely update:

Today I unearthed what is likely to be my most historically significant find ever: A NOS Vectrex Kiosk, complete in original box.

At the time this thread was created (or shortly thereafter), I was the unlikely owner of not one, but two Vectrex Kiosk. Both of which were discovered by dumb luck.

As luck would have it, I once again stumbled across a Vectrex Kiosk last night. The listing had a picture of a now familiar Vectrex Kiosk base, but mentioned that it also came with another kiosk that was "brand new in the box."

I communicated with the seller, and by 10:00 am this morning, I was on the road. After around 2 hours, I arrived at the seller's home. My first question to him was "Did you or a family member once work for Milton Bradley." I of course knew the answer had to be yes before he responded, and his reply confirmed my suspicion.

He lead me to the first of the two kiosk, this one being the base pictured in the ad. He didn't recall where the top portion ended up. He then told me that the second, new kiosk was located at his mother's home two minutes down the road. He jumped in my truck, and we drove to his mother's house.

In his mother's basement was a large box labeled "One Vectrex Arcade System, Floor Display, #3800, GCE." That straps had been cut, but the contents within had been left untouched. Everything is packed tightly in the Kiosk and wrapped in protective film and padding. The plexiglass door still has its covering.

Having left his home, I returned to my home with what is now my third and fourth Vectrex Kiosk. All found in the wild, and all found within two and a half hours from my home.

There are a few collectors with museum quality collections that I will likely reach out to and see what the best thing to do with it is. I'm supremely confident that another NOS example will never be discovered at this point, especially given what the previous owner had to say about it.

Here's a link to both kiosk. Not sure how to embed the images, so if someone else would like to for sake of preservation, please do.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/BYJXePv...

Jul 05 at 5:49:11 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Neat find for sure! I really need to go plug in
my Cectrex and see if it is still working. This has inspired me to do so.

Jul 05 at 7:12:58 PM
HammerDaddy (8)
< El Ripper >
Antartica
Very nice. You're like a friggin magnet for these things

Jul 05 at 8:36:23 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Nnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Jul 05 at 9:49:17 PM
m308gunner (63)
(Jason ) < King Solomon >
Connecticut
Wow! Thank you for sharing that!

Jul 07 at 7:24:15 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Well done man!

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Jul 07 at 11:57:25 PM
jonest3 (51)
(Taylor ) < Crack Trooper >
Tennessee
Amazing

O_o

Jul 08 at 12:07:11 AM
Archangel3090 (37)
< El Ripper >
Manitoba
ya... people take note not this is a find. shocking how few know and love the vectrex. SO HAPPY FOR YOU THIS IS CRAZY