Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA beat every N64 game in a year ? (2017) Games beaten: 199/303 - Last game finished: NBA Jam 99

Jul 1, 2017 at 11:59:36 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Thinking I might start up Mystical Ninja now that I finally have a copy all my own. Probably take a bit to beat it, but I look forward to having some fun.  

-------------------------

Jul 1, 2017 at 1:08:25 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Originally posted by: RetroMichel

Tigger's Honey Hunt is the third game for today. It is clearly a game for very young kids. I did not have fun with it, since it was too easy, but then again, what did I expect from a game like that ? It was very short, I beat it in one hour or so. The music was OK, but the graphics were very good. This game looks very nice and that's definitely the best thing about Tigger's Honey Hunt. The goal of the game is pretty simple. You simply need to collect honey pots for Winnie the Pooh. In each level, you need to collect a certain number of honey pots in order to access to the next level. Pretty forgettable game if you ask me, but then again, I wasn't in the target audience for that game. I simply think it was too easy.
I like Tigger's Honey Hunt, though there's no denying it's easy (and the multiplayer minigames are silly). If you aim for 100% completion the game gets a bit more interesting, as some of the items are a bit tricky to find.

I guess there's something soothing and gentle about the game that I found pleasant, without crossing the line into sicky-sweetness. Plus I'm a sucker for 2.5D platformers.  

Jul 1, 2017 at 3:12:50 PM
RetroMichel (41)
(Michel B.) < El Ripper >
Quebec
Originally posted by: Gloves

Thinking I might start up Mystical Ninja now that I finally have a copy all my own. Probably take a bit to beat it, but I look forward to having some fun.  
That game is one of my favorite games ever. Have fun, man !

Originally posted by: bronzeshield

I like Tigger's Honey Hunt, though there's no denying it's easy (and the multiplayer minigames are silly). If you aim for 100% completion the game gets a bit more interesting, as some of the items are a bit tricky to find.

I guess there's something soothing and gentle about the game that I found pleasant, without crossing the line into sicky-sweetness. Plus I'm a sucker for 2.5D platformers.  
I might aim for 100% completion now. And yeah, I agree with you, the ambiance in this game is very pleasant. I mean, who doesn't like Winnie's gang ?

Jul 1, 2017 at 7:02:05 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt is done. Again, it's another short game for young individuals. It's a board game, just like Mario Party, but there are no minigames. There were three levels. The goal of the two first levels was to find items. In order to do so, you needed to fall on the right squares to obtain the items. In the third and last level, you needed to collect a certain number of food (ice cream, licorice, chocolate milk and pudding). The game was very short and there were no credits at the end. These are accessible via the Options menu. Overall, it's a very easy game and definitely not a good game. Albeit it was short, it appeared to be a very long game to me, since I was bored during all my experience with it. I definitely do not recommend Rugrats: Scavenger Hunt.

Boring game.

Angelica's Temple:

Pirate Treasure Hunt:

Reptar Rally:

I will go play Tigger's Honey Hunt now. I will try to do a 100% completion of that game, maybe I'll like it more !

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:57:40 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Two completions for me to add today! First, All-Star Tennis '99, beaten on Medium difficulty in the Smash Tennis > Tournament mode (which gives the exact same ending as the longer World Tour mode), with 7 opponents to make up a 3-round tournament:

Sorry for the potato-quality pics, I used my cell phone since my camera wasn't handy.

Second, I beat Centre Court Tennis on Hard difficulty. There don't seem to be any credits in this game, so I won every tournament once and became world #1:

I haven't finished unlocking all the bonus content via the minigames, but that's something I'll do on my own time (and it doesn't usually take very long).  

Edited: 07/02/2017 at 01:09 AM by bronzeshield

Jul 3, 2017 at 5:59:15 AM
tablew/chairs (11)
< Meka Chicken >
Michigan
Finished Nagano Olympics

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:48:28 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: tablew/chairs

Finished Nagano Olympics
Good job !

I will start Banjo-Kazooie now. It's been a long time since I've played that wonderful game.

Jul 3, 2017 at 10:50:13 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Alas, I am in need of an N64 Memory Card. Mine doesn't work at all now, and beating Mystical Ninja in one sitting just isn't on the cards lol. Gonna have to order one online.  

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:01:01 AM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York

Alas, I am in need of an N64 Memory Card. Mine doesn't work at all now, and beating Mystical Ninja in one sitting just isn't on the cards lol. Gonna have to order one online.  
Do you have the kind that uses a CR2032 battery? Mine started acting funny, then died completely, but replacing the battery was super-easy and brought it back to life with no issues (and no retained save games, but that's to be expected when a battery dies).

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:06:12 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Originally posted by: bronzeshield

Do you have the kind that uses a CR2032 battery? Mine started acting funny, then died completely, but replacing the battery was super-easy and brought it back to life with no issues (and no retained save games, but that's to be expected when a battery dies).

Hmmmm... I dunno! I'll have to take a look.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:26:46 AM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Yeah the battery might be the problem lol:

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:43:47 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Triple post cuz I'm a goddamn rebel.

Replaced the battery and it works now! So simple a solution I didn't even consider it lol. Thanks!

Jul 3, 2017 at 12:45:10 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec

Replaced the battery and it works now! So simple a solution I didn't even consider it lol. Thanks!
Yes, guys !   Ask me if you need any help with Mystical Ninja, I'm very familiar with the game.

Jul 3, 2017 at 2:14:59 PM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York

Nice! Glad it worked out.   I almost threw away (or at least wrote off) a controller pack myself until I realized the battery thing.

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:22:44 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Two levels left in Banjo-Kazooie: Rusty Bucket Bay and Click Clock Wood.

The game should be finished tomorrow. Pretty proud of my progress in one day, considering that I'm going for the 100% completion.

Edited: 07/03/2017 at 11:48 PM by RetroMichel

Jul 3, 2017 at 11:28:22 PM
Gloves (110)
Ontario
Awesome progress man, great work!

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:46:50 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
I didn't have time to play Banjo-Kazooie yesterday. I just beat Rusty Bucket Bay this morning, should be finished pretty soon.

EDIT:

Banjo-Kazooie is done. It's such an amazing game. Everything about this game is fantastic, to be honest. The soundtrack, composed by Grant Kirkhope, is one of the most memorable of all time. Each level has a catchy theme song. There are also underwater variations and little jingles when you collect objects that make this game unique. The different characters are simply splendid and I personnally love all the difference voices. I know these sounds annoy some people, but I find them very appropriate and funny. The gameplay is simply stellar: I have nothing bad to say about it. There are various attacks and types of jumps that make it great. The graphics are very good and are very charismatic. The worlds are very enjoyable and I loved collecting different objects like music notes, honeycomb pieces and jiggies. Add to that that Banjo-Kazooie contains hidden rooms, easter eggs and that "Stop 'n' Swop" to add variety to the game. I think that Banjo-Kazooie is an awesome game and definitely one of the best games on the N64. I highly recommend it.

Unforgettable game.

What are you playing now, guys ?  

Edited: 07/05/2017 at 10:43 PM by RetroMichel

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:02:09 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
I bought Madden 2002 yesterday. I'll try that one when I'll have time on Monday. I'm not familiar with football (American football) games.

Jul 10, 2017 at 9:52:48 PM
Steve50013 (8)

(Steven W) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Not on the list but if y'all get a chance to play Masters '98: Haruka Naru Augusta do it. It is a very good and fun Golf game. It's better than Mario Golf IMO. Everything except maybe a few menu options are in English.

Edit: I'll be starting Ogre Battle 64 tomorrow.

Edited: 07/10/2017 at 09:53 PM by Steve50013

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:24:34 AM
Shellshocker18 (0)
< Little Mac >
Masters 98 is the same as Waialae Country Club if you are interested, it just came out before and only in Japan. Same graphics, controls, music, everything. One is just set in Augusta Georgia while the other in Honolulu Hawaii. Each game also has a different 18 hole course so Waialae is basically just an expansion pack.

Edited: 07/11/2017 at 10:25 AM by Shellshocker18

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:10:16 PM
Steve50013 (8)

(Steven W) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Shellshocker18

Masters 98 is the same as Waialae Country Club if you are interested, it just came out before and only in Japan. Same graphics, controls, music, everything. One is just set in Augusta Georgia while the other in Honolulu Hawaii. Each game also has a different 18 hole course so Waialae is basically just an expansion pack.

Oh neat, I'll looking forward to Waialae then!

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:56:25 AM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Bump !

Jul 15, 2017 at 12:07:15 AM
MrPeaPod (0)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Sorry I don't have any pictures but I have completed

Diddy kong racing
Donkey kong 64

And my girlfriend beat paper mario. One of her favorite games

Check out my game collection here:
https://collection.gamevaluenow.c...

Jul 17, 2017 at 11:15:36 AM
bronzeshield (44)
(P. ) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Beat Jeopardy!:

I played on the hardest settings (expert computer players, expert questions in the mix, etc.). Had a little fun with my Final Jeopardy bet, as you can see from the final score.  

Jul 17, 2017 at 12:19:11 PM
RetroMichel (41)
Quebec
Originally posted by: MrPeaPod

Sorry I don't have any pictures but I have completed

Diddy kong racing
Donkey kong 64

And my girlfriend beat paper mario. One of her favorite games
Does your girlfriend have a NintendoAge account ? If not, I will probably count the game as beaten by you.