Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Can NA Beat Every NES Game In A Year - 2012 100% completed with two hours to spare

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:15:14 AM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: DoctorDan

4. Actual, physical, valuable prizes for the three gamers who complete the most games.
As far as the most games, that is an unfair comparison because you can't say my beating Fisher Price: I Can Remember (which took me 20 minutes today) is equivalent to someone beating L'Empereur.
To do it fairly, the games would have to be assigned difficulty.
But even then, there would be arguments about which games are more difficult because what's difficult for you might not be for me.

What would be cool is if we just had a competition, who can beat the most games in a year, like where I could beat a game, and you could beat the same game too if you wanted.  That would be a fair contest.

-------------------------
Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:10:41 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta

Now, for 2013, let's add some rules:

1. Cannot play the game on an emulator; must be on real hardware.
2. No repros or flash carts; only real games!
3. Victor must post picture of winning screen for proof (Ninja Gaiden, I'm looking at you)
4. Actual, physical, valuable prizes for the three gamers who complete the most games.

Those rules kind of suck man.

1. That disallows anyone who doesn't own some of the more expensive games from playing them.  The point is to try new games, not force people to spend more money to get the games to play for the list.
2. See #1.
3. Some of us don't own cameras, or simply don't want to spend the time taking pictures of the ending to, say, Fisher Price: Perfect Fit.  It falls into the same category as #1...we want to encourage people to play games they wouldn't think to play, not make them go out and spend money on a camera to contribute.
4. This was something I actually considered when I was running the thread, but ultimately it's not a contest.  There's no reward for finishing because it's a community effort.  The reward is the journey.  Whether you finish one new game or one hundred, beating new games is it's own reward. The points are just to show who has contributed, and how many titles they chipped away at to help out. 

In the 2013 thread, you'll see that there's been enough incentive provided to knock off an absolute shitton of games right from day one.  This whole thing is just for fun, let's keep it that way by a) keeping it open for as many people as possible to contribute to, and b) keep it about the games and not about what you can get for helping out. 

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:11:37 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: WashYourFace

As far as the most games, that is an unfair comparison because you can't say my beating Fisher Price: I Can Remember (which took me 20 minutes today) is equivalent to someone beating L'Empereur.
But even then, there would be arguments about which games are more difficult because what's difficult for you might not be for me.

What would be cool is if we just had a competition, who can beat the most games in a year, like where I could beat a game, and you could beat the same game too if you wanted.  That would be a fair contest.

I say keep the contests to the Weekly Contest thread.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:21:56 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Agreed. This was more of a community challenge than a competition and I hope it stays that way......... even though I'm gonna pound nightowljrm into the ground again this year!!!!!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:06:01 AM
WashYourFace (4)
(Jay ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

Agreed. This was more of a community challenge than a competition and I hope it stays that way......... even though I'm gonna pound nightowljrm into the ground again this year!!!!!!

Well yeah, I was just being hypothetical... it would be cool to see such a contest between maybe two dedicated individuals.
I can't help but notice that crabmaster is currently way behind me, but hey it's not a competition!

Now playing:
• Ni no Kuni
Listening to:
• "Second Hand News" -Fleetwood Mac

I am one of the elite in game playing circles... a "Nintendo Lemming Master"

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:16:38 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta

Well yeah, I was just being hypothetical... it would be cool to see such a contest between maybe two dedicated individuals.
I can't help but notice that crabmaster is currently way behind me, but hey it's not a competition!

Give him another day or two to get going

Jan 3, 2013 at 1:34:19 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia

Give him another day or two to get going

I'm a late bloomer..... plus you jerks knocked off half the library in one day!!

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Jan 3, 2013 at 4:33:49 AM
Alder (52)
(Tom B.) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Wow! Great job, everyone!

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinking part that wonders what the part that isn't thinking isn't thinking of

Jan 10, 2013 at 5:28:32 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
Holy shit! You guys pulled it off this year, congrats!
EDIT Oh wait I did one so WE did it.

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Edited: 01/10/2013 at 05:30 PM by 0xero0

May 2, 2013 at 12:36:22 PM
Vectrex28 (130)
(CD-i Kraid) < Master Higgins >
Switzerland
EDIT:
Whoops, wrong thread :/

"Energy Tanks, Missiles, Power Bombs... You want it? It's yours my friend! As long as you have enough credits!"

Edited: 05/02/2013 at 12:37 PM by Vectrex28