Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

How to use Scoreboard & Update AVS firmware Scoreboard software downloads, How to use & FAQs

Oct 6, 2016 at 6:58:41 AM
KaiserGX (1)
< Crack Trooper >
Arizona
Alright then, I have everything set up for when my AVS arrives later today... the waiting...

-------------------------
Check out my gaming/drawing channel over at https://www.youtube.com/c/KaiserGX, thanks!

Oct 10, 2016 at 1:22:18 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Updated Scoreboard App still crashes in Snow Leopard OS10.6.8

Not sure if it is my first generation Intel Mac is too old (it is ten years old now, upgraded to Snow Leopard, 2Gb RAM, Core2Duo CPU @ 2Ghz) or if the app is still broken. I would paste the error report but I got fussed at last time for posting info in here so I won't.

EDIT: Both Scoreboard v1.12 and recently updated v1.13buggy crash instant I try to run it. I did send an email to support [at] retrousb.

My Win8.1 laptop's screen recently broke so I can't use it atm.  

~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 01:34 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Oct 10, 2016 at 9:53:39 AM
Mog (140)
(Mr Mog) < King Solomon >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: Kosmic StarDust

EDIT: Both Scoreboard v1.12 and recently updated v1.13buggy crash instant I try to run it. I did send an email to support [at] retrousb.

You got your AVS then?? Woo!!

Yes, Mac version is still broken. I assume that is why the latest version is called "buggy"  

Oct 10, 2016 at 6:32:57 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Mog

You got your AVS then?? Woo!!

Yes, Mac version is still broken. I assume that is why the latest version is called "buggy"  

Nope, still don't have my AVS. I just thought I'd install scoreboard and try to run it on my various computers.

My laptop screen is broken atm, and I may be able to fix it for a time, but eventually I may have to remove the screen completely and plug it to an external display and use it like a desktop. The steel hinges on the HP Envy are very short and create stress points in the plastic inside the lid. After repeated opening and shutting of the lid, the plastic will eventually crack and completely break off. One hinge is completely broken and the other is partially broken, reinforced with window clamps. More recently, the screen itself now has a black stress fracture in the liquid crystal near the bottom left corner. And I cannot afford another laptop atm and expecially finding one without Win10 preinstalled on it would be pretty hard IMO.

So I've been using our 2006 Snow Leopard Mini Mac to post online (when I'm not using the Wii-U browser) and thought I'd retest the scoreboard software since it got updated. From what I could tell on my laptop the scoreboard software works fine despite not being able to do anything with it without an AVS.

Edited: 10/10/2016 at 06:34 PM by Kosmic StarDust

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:43:38 AM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
When will new firmware releasing for AVS?

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:04:33 AM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: Odin Belmont

February 29th

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Oct 13, 2016 at 12:15:38 AM
SmaMan (0)
(Smalliard Manning) < Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
The new Mac Scoreboard app works... about as well as the last one did. Which is to say it does. I've been able to submit a (crappy) score for Snake Rattle n' Roll.

That said, there's still a few, mostly cosmetic glitches with how it's displaying the scoreboard. Mog and I PM'd a little about this before, and these images still reflect what's going on. (These were taken on Firmware 1.20b5, but I even rolled back to 1.10 and there was no difference there. Haven't tried b6 yet though.)

When I'm not 8-bitting my life away, I like to write. You can find my short stories and ramblings here: smaman.wordpress.com

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:19:30 AM
Odin Belmont (0)
< Little Mac >
England
Originally posted by: KHAN Games

Originally posted by: Odin Belmont

February 29th

Wouldn't it have been better just not to answer?

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:04:45 PM
CMR (4)
< El Ripper >
United States
Do you have to have the AVS connected to your computer all the time to use score board? I was hoping I could use it then upload the game scores later, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Oct 16, 2016 at 8:38:30 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: CMR

Do you have to have the AVS connected to your computer all the time to use score board? I was hoping I could use it then upload the game scores later, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Originally posted by: Mog

Tips

-Make sure your computer will stay on the full length of time you are playing. Turn off any power saving mode you might have on such as sleep or hibernation.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:22:02 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
What is Error 42? I have the login key from NintendoAge, Kosmic Stardust, and the scoreboard app (windows) is showing my AVS as connected. I put in Super Mario Bros and am getting "Error 42" when I try to submit score or view high scores.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:38:51 AM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington

What is Error 42? I have the login key from NintendoAge, Kosmic Stardust, and the scoreboard app (windows) is showing my AVS as connected. I put in Super Mario Bros and am getting "Error 42" when I try to submit score or view high scores.

E42 means your version of thr ROM is not loaded to NA. This is a known issue with all the different types of SMB carts out there. Hence the reason the game is still on the "in work" list of compatible games.

My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 19, 2016 at 1:45:14 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Benihana

E42 means your version of thr ROM is not loaded to NA. This is a known issue with all the different types of SMB carts out there. Hence the reason the game is still on the "in work" list of compatible games.
Actually, I selected "Run as Administrator" and it worked. I submitted a lowball score to test the feature, then played through all 32 stages and hit submit when I saved the princess. Missed the number #2 spot by 2000 points. If only I hadn't missed the top of the flagpole in 8-3, I would have the number #2 rank right now.  

865150 ftr.  

Edited: 10/19/2016 at 01:49 AM by Kosmic StarDust

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:51:23 PM
surfnet (0)

< Cherub >
Arizona
Is there a location that lists games with compatibility issues? I'm having issues with Donkey Kong Classics and first Dragon Warrior. On firmware 1.10. Both give blank screen on AVS but work with original NES.

Edited: 10/19/2016 at 05:52 PM by surfnet

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:14:59 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: surfnet

Is there a location that lists games with compatibility issues? I'm having issues with Donkey Kong Classics and first Dragon Warrior. On firmware 1.10. Both give blank screen on AVS but work with original NES.
There's no games that are definitively incompatible across the board. One game that doesn't work on a specific AVS can work on another. So there's no use for a list.

Best bet is to email [email protected] after you've tried all troubleshooting options (new firmware, cleaning the cart, etc.)

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:44:04 PM
romeoteknik (0)
< Cherub >
New York
If during the game, you go to Video Options or the menu in general, is there no way to go back and resume the game? Game gets reset every time.

follow | https://twitter.com/romeoteknik

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:40:29 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: romeoteknik

If during the game, you go to Video Options or the menu in general, is there no way to go back and resume the game? Game gets reset every time.
Yes, there is no way to resume a game once you've gone to the menu. Best to set your options before beginning a game.

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:58:06 PM
Conezays (0)

< Cherub >
Hi, I received my system today and enjoying it thus far. On a happier note, 8th place now on the Tetris scoreboard  

EDIT: I'll email my error question to support after doing more reading. Cheers.

Edited: 10/21/2016 at 01:32 AM by Conezays

Oct 22, 2016 at 8:43:17 PM
zanth (0)
< Cherub >
North Dakota
For some reason my Scoreboard app is crashing everytime I try to check top scores or submit a score. It's always worked before, I've not changed anything on my PC or my AVS's firmware. I'm running v1.12 currently.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:38:49 PM
NiMaD83 (0)

(Damin Graham) < Cherub >
Oregon
I just bought one of these @ PRGE and its pretty awesome so far. But i do have a question.

Does this support Flash carts? I plan on getting one either way but it would be awesome if i can just have a all in one cart!

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:15:02 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Yes it does but read the first post of you plan on submitting scores thru the scoreboard

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:50:10 AM
mattbep (107)
(Former Scramble Champion) < King Solomon >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: NiMaD83

I just bought one of these @ PRGE and its pretty awesome so far. But i do have a question.

Does this support Flash carts? I plan on getting one either way but it would be awesome if i can just have a all in one cart!

Congrats on your purchase! I'm sure you'll love it.

I have been using an Everdrive exclusively and submitting scores with no problem after figuring out a trick. Open up the game you want to submit, then once it starts back out to the main menu. Go back in and hit start to be booted right into the game. 

It seems that if you just fire the game straight up the system reads the last game you played on the ED first and thinks you changed the cart between boot up and submitting the score. 

Good luck!

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:50:42 AM
NiMaD83 (0)

Oregon
thanks any way to do a "soft reset" back to the avs menu other than Pressing the power button?

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:52:03 AM
Pheidian (14)
< Meka Chicken >
Finland
Originally posted by: NiMaD83

thanks any way to do a "soft reset" back to the avs menu other than Pressing the power button?

Default way is to press a+b+select in the game to get back to menu.

Collecting licensed NES games: 710 of 711 - DONE! (Mah Jong Missing)

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:22:56 PM
NiMaD83 (0)

Oregon
ok thanks. Is there any plan to implement the FirebrandX Pallets?