Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer

Mar 25, 2014 at 3:58:52 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
Originally posted by: tracker465

Originally posted by: guillavoie

Originally posted by: Tanooki

It can be just about the game, if it was a game that you had as a kid.  I can accept that part of your argument.

But on the other side of the coin, many of us also have nostalgic moments of purchasing new NES games, sealed, taking them home, paging through the manual, etc.  While as kids we didn't have fullsets, we did get games here and there.  In a general statement, we bought / rented games, and then threw them into our toaster NES machines - we didn't select roms from a menu and load them up on a powerpack.  The second choice lacks nostalgic feelings or a sense of familiarity.

I love that other side of the coin too, and that's actually the first reason why I like to find, have, resell retro games etc. Just don't tell me (not you specifically) the powerpak isn't like an easy access to 'play' NES video games on the real hardware. Don't tell me it makes the 'playing part' less enjoyable than the 'playing part' of video games, if you get what I mean?

-------------------------

Mar 25, 2014 at 4:17:04 AM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania

Originally posted by: Tanooki

It can be just about the game, if it was a game that you had as a kid.  I can accept that part of your argument.

But on the other side of the coin, many of us also have nostalgic moments of purchasing new NES games, sealed, taking them home, paging through the manual, etc.  While as kids we didn't have fullsets, we did get games here and there.  In a general statement, we bought / rented games, and then threw them into our toaster NES machines - we didn't select roms from a menu and load them up on a powerpack.  The second choice lacks nostalgic feelings or a sense of familiarity.

I love that other side of the coin too, and that's actually the first reason why I like to find, have, resell retro games etc. Just don't tell me (not you specifically) the powerpak isn't like an easy access to 'play' NES video games on the real hardware. Don't tell me it makes the 'playing part' less enjoyable than the 'playing part' of video games, if you get what I mean?

From a playing standpoint, I think it would be great, but from a nostalgic standpoint, it fails.  Emulation is a bit worse than power pack, due to limitations and faults of the emulators, etc

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:41:13 PM
MrBeefy (5)
(Luke Morris) < Little Mac >
Missouri
I think my problem is that anymore I have time issues. If I get time to pop in a cart I have the intentions to play it. NES ADHD was mentioned and on the NDS I found I was spending more time trying games than playing them. I think it can be just as enjoyable to play and wouldn't take away from that.

I think it would take away from my fun in going game shopping some at pawn shops, stores, thrifts as I would be less likely to buy. That being said I've been interested in a powerpak but how hard are they to mess with?

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:52:06 PM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
Powerpak isn't that hard to mess with, but it can be tricky at first to put the roms and make them appear on the menu. Just make sure you transfer them to the flash card directly from your source (computer) and it should be alright. It is recommended to buy the flash cart that retrozone offer with the powerpak cause it is 100% sure powerpak friendly. Like many observed, the trickiest part of the powerpak is probably the save feature, which involves the reset button.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:46:26 PM
MrBeefy (5)
(Luke Morris) < Little Mac >
Missouri

Powerpak isn't that hard to mess with, but it can be tricky at first to put the roms and make them appear on the menu. Just make sure you transfer them to the flash card directly from your source (computer) and it should be alright. It is recommended to buy the flash cart that retrozone offer with the powerpak cause it is 100% sure powerpak friendly. Like many observed, the trickiest part of the powerpak is probably the save feature, which involves the reset button.

are both the nes and snes ones tricky or just the nes? sorry im new to this.

Mar 27, 2014 at 12:00:31 AM
guillavoie (125)
Quebec
I think the SNES use the same reset pattern. It isn't that annoying once you get the twist of it. I'm still a noob at it cause I haven't played much games that require a save feature on it so far.

There's definitely an alternative cause you can implement a save states feature on the Powerpak. I personally haven't tried it cause I prefer to keep my Powerpak just like the original hardware.

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:16:51 PM
Danfu22 (24)
(Danny ) < Crack Trooper >
Ohio
Josh Browning strikes again? I know he drives a green SUV around.

http://zanesville.craigslist.org/...