NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Where are you at collecting wise

Feb 16, 2007 at 6:43:09 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: tynstar

Sealed games you can't play. Not that I play a lot of my games but if I want to I can.

Jeez man - did you even read my post? It wasn't even about sealed games except for the first sentence or two.

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Feb 17, 2007 at 2:04:12 AM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Brontythere should be way more of a price difference in my opinion. With prices the way they are right now, I don't know why anyone would settle for 'collector' type games (like cheetahmen or something, which you're definitely not buying to play) in less than mint shape. The price difference is next to nothing in a lot of cases.

I agree wholeheartedly and that's what pisses me off about some ebay sellers. They'll throw up a rare box that is damaged to hell (say like a Flintstones 2 that is faded all to hell for example), and expect to get the exact same price that a mint one goes for. Worst of all, they usually get it; it's almost like condition counts for nothing in our hobby right now (at least not to the masses who keep snapping up all the ratched stuff).

Maybe I should just be happy that it makes for less interested buyers when a really mint CIB that I need finally does come up

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Feb 17, 2007 at 3:02:58 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Couldn't agree more with both of you. Sometimes I buy Sealed so that I know I get a good near mint to mint copy of games, but usually only games that I don't want to play or games that I have another copy of opened CIB. I have spent thousands and thousands buying better copies of games that were supposed to be "mint" on eBay. A far too liberal word on there. Now I try to really be careful when judging a game, after a while you can actually start to tell by the picture when they are trying to hide something like the top is cut off or side isn't showing etc. But I really hate when the front looks good and they say it's mint and the back is messed up or the flaps are missing, etc. I am down to just a couple to have the NTSC complete CIB and the boxes I need I would only want near mint or better. You know you are going to have to pay the price but don't you want to have the best copies you can get to display and be proiud of? Come to think of it I wish sellers had to display front and back of items on eBay. That would be a good policy to implement, unlike the dumb ass Bidder # only thing they just put into place!!

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Feb 17, 2007 at 7:40:05 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: tynstarThat's cool. I still think you are cray though.

LOL, then if Bronty is crazy, I must be completely off my rocker, as I collect both sealed and CIB games. I've got close to 300 sealed games, and around 650 CIB (NTSC) games. My sealed collection, as Bronty knows, is one that I've been extremely patient with, only buying games at a very low price, snagging what I can here and there. As a result, I need most of the popular and rare titles (save for a few). But if anyone is looking to have a nice, mint, set of games for basically the same price, I'd recommend buying lower priced sealed games and opening them up. I can't tell you how many of my sealed games I got for $5-7 each -- likely around 40 or so.

-Dain

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:38:38 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
wow, didn't realize you were so close on the CIB side! Now we've got to get you starting to buy some of the big titles That 'leave the big ones till the end' thing is only going to cost you more money the longer you wait!

Between the sealeds and the CIBs, you can't be missing more than 50 titles?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 02/17/2007 at 12:40 PM by Bronty

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:41:10 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, you're absolutely right on that one! I think I'll be filling in some of the rarer titles based on which ones I personally liked first, then go from there.

-Dain

Feb 17, 2007 at 12:42:39 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Good man! Start with the taitos if I may suggest. They are rare and actually good games for the most part.. (as you no doubt know)