NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Sep 20, 2008 at 10:10:00 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

Originally posted by: dangevin

^ see Jason, you really shouldn't have worried about showing your current GF your video game collection. There's far, far worse rooms she could walk into over her dating lifetime.

You aren't kidding Dan!  Mine handled mine a lot better than I expected.  I think she is slowly starting to enjoy this kinda of stuff....
~~NGD

so tell us about the new gf

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:17:28 AM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Everybody in the world is a freak in one way or another. This guy just celebrates his shit.

Good for him.

MLN

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:30:00 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Bronty

Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

You aren't kidding Dan!  Mine handled mine a lot better than I expected.  I think she is slowly starting to enjoy this kinda of stuff....
~~NGD

so tell us about the new gf

Anyone who attended the expo meet her, she was running the tix booth   We have been dating "officially" for a little over a month now and things are going great.  The start of a new relationship is always so fun and exciting!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Sep 20, 2008 at 11:26:54 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
whoah you guys just started dating and she was helping at the ticket booth? I thought you said you were easing her into this

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Sep 20, 2008 at 2:05:23 PM
Roloking (0)
(Tom S) < Eggplant Wizard >
Missouri
Its sick how many of them look like 5 year olds. I guess if it keeps him from molesting children its a good thing?

Sep 20, 2008 at 3:56:27 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

stocks at the age of 13 is normal... for someone who will end up being a rich bastard later in life.

sex dolls are normal, for someone who will end up being a rich lonely bastard later in life.

shit, i guess there really isnt much difference between me and a dude who stays single because he has the love and admiration of sex dolls. haha

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Sep 20, 2008 at 4:32:19 PM
gavmasterflash (47)
(dave g) < Ridley Wrangler >
Taiwan
Originally posted by: jero32

I saw a documentary on this once. Ya creepy at one side...bu then again....maybe this stops him from raping people and stuff so just let him?

My friends roommate is studying human sexualtiy at the graduate level and I saw maybe part of the same documentary.  I think it was called "Guys and Dolls."  It was just like this guy, but some of these guys really took it to the extreme.  The girls would have names, they would do everything for them.  I guess in her research she was trying to prove something about this being a fetish, but in reality they were all just pathetic losers who couldn't even talk to a woman. 

Sep 20, 2008 at 5:24:29 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
well..... having a few dozen plastic fuck bunnies in the living room would definitely make it difficult to serve your guests a coffee

Edited: 09/20/2008 at 05:24 PM by Bronty

Sep 20, 2008 at 8:52:51 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Bronty

whoah you guys just started dating and she was helping at the ticket booth? I thought you said you were easing her into this

lol  Once I saw she was cool with the game room, anything was fair game   She actually volunteered to do it, she thought the whole thing was neat and a cool experience.
~~NGD

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:07:43 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
bronty, if steph is okay with jasons room, im sure selling a few tickets wouldnt scare her away! as far as my girl is concerned. i met her on a saturday, and the following friday, she saw my game room and was cool with it. you need to keep in mind i have over 1,000 cib games along the walls, 500+ anime dvds, 1500+ nes carts on my floor, etc etc etc. jason has some weird shit like a huge nes and a huge gameboy in the bathroom, but both rooms are rather scary to the opposite sex, thats for sure! if jason and i can each find a girl who is okay with our rooms, then ANYONE can find a date!!! (although, at least i have an apartment too... and that doesnt have any games in it!) haha

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

Sep 20, 2008 at 9:13:26 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: srh201

(although, at least i have an apartment too... and that doesnt have any games in it!) haha

Good points Seth, except for that last line...I hate you sir   I have actually been doing a little house buying research and searching some listing lately...
~~NGD

Sep 20, 2008 at 10:04:35 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
house prices in the south are NOTHING! buy buy buy, jason! the prices here in the north east havent gone down a ton, so it sucks for me.

Sep 21, 2008 at 12:34:34 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Plus having a banker g/f doesn't hurt either...she knows some tricks of the trade The market is great right now here. There is a one year supply of houses here which is way in the buyers favor.
~~NGD

Sep 21, 2008 at 4:58:26 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
But you also live in a place where renting is CHEAP. You should really give some thought to the rent vs. buy situation. You might be able to sock away some extra dough if you can keep holding out.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:01:38 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
Renting is just tossing money away for nothing... I could continue to live at home for free if I wanted to. Buying just makes more sense.
~~NGD

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:09:57 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Haha.
The first couple of years you have your mortgage is just throwing money away, too.
A VERY high percentage of your payment will be interest for quite awhile, unless you prepay on a regular basis.

Seriously, if you look at the numbers, and you're spending less money, out of pocket, to rent, you will probably come out ahead that way.
Deviate from that plan if you find a place you know you will want to live in forever, but otherwise go with the cold numbers.
Keep in mind, also, the opportunity cost of tying up your down payment. Don't expect to get a loan in today's market with less than 10% down (should be 20% anyway).

Anyway, all things to keep in mind. Don't get sucked into the home ownership thing too easily.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:10:32 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
^ not necessarily, Jason.

Around here the property tax for a house is about what a 2-bedroom apartment costs. Either way you're throwing your money away, but when you're paying a mortgage you're forced to pay into equity that you could otherwise be doing other things with (at the bank's interest rate). Also, with the home market what it is right now, renting until it begins to rebound and buying when prices start to recover is the best option.

It's just a weird time for everything. I had to explain this to my sister-in-law, she thought renting an apartment was money lost because that's what the buzz is, but that's all hype from realtor associations and stuff.

I would not rent a house of course, that's just silly. Then you're paying property tax, the owner's mortgage, and a percentage to him each month. It makes sense to take a room on a multi-level though, where all the tenants pay into the property tax and it's that much cheaper.

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:11:06 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Looks like we were typing simultaneously, Nathan

Sep 21, 2008 at 5:26:53 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
But I can get free closing costs cause I have a family friend who is a real estate. The interest rates here are super low right now on mortages. I have enough already (or close to enough) that I won't need the default insurance at all. With my down payment and the equity of a piece I land I can use, I will be in great shape to buy.

Sure you are paying mostly interest at first but you do get equity as well as time progresses. With renting you get nothing at all. I barely get any interest in my savings account anyways and equity in a house would be a much higher return. Plus I won't dare touch the stock market on stuff. My fixed 401k plan has lost a whooping 8% in the last 11 months Waiting for an improving market will just favor sellers more so than buyers so now seems to be the best time to buy since I have a stable job and income now
~~NGD

Sep 21, 2008 at 7:58:20 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
If you only lost 8% over the last 11 months, you're doing OK right now

I'm not saying that you're going down an awful path (I own my house), I'm just saying don't get caught up in the hype that renting is throwing money away. You have to live SOMEWHERE.

Also, even with free closing costs, you'll still need a few grand above and beyond your down payment for a full year of taxes and insurance that have to be paid upfront.

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:08:37 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
oh I know. I can live at home for free, so free or renting..tough choice A house is more of a step in the right direction though as opposed to renting IMO, especially at this stage of my life.
~~NGD

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:17:59 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Well, definitely if you have free digs, hang on to those as long as you can

But yeah, you're about the same age as me, and I don't think I could do the living at home thing except at the holidays.
I would definitely caution heavily against having a house with a girlfriend, though. Whatever you do, DO NOT get a joint mortgage with somebody you're not married to. That could go down as the worst decision you would ever make in your entire life.

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:41:23 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I would never EVER do that. Plus my lady already has her own house anyways so all is good...
~~NGD

Sep 21, 2008 at 9:49:24 PM
Peroxide (5)
( Tyler  ) < Meka Chicken >
Ontario
Alright.

Expensive? Yes.
Seems a bit creepy? Yes.

But truthfully, would you rather have silicone parts modeled into the real thing or the palm of your hand if you were single?

Sep 22, 2008 at 9:17:52 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
NGD - cool. I've just read some horror stories recently of people making dumb decisions like that, and I just felt compelled to remind you, just in case. I don't like to see friends get burned by getting stupid