Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2018 Weekly Contests Presents: Double Dragon Contest ends Sunday, 3/11/18 at 11 PM NA time

Mar 13, 2018 at 10:42:46 AM
SuperJimtendo (7)
(Jimbo ) < Lolo Lord >
Colorado
Originally posted by: arnpoly

Originally posted by: SuperJimtendo

Score.:91470

Shout out to arn for that dope nametag

I was wondering when that would make an appearance.   

It was supposed too the whole time but it fell over and i'm a lazy  Duckett 

-------------------------

owner of post 5000 in the age of Aquarius thread

Original Paintings for sale : https://www.etsy.com/shop/UVCStudios

Mar 13, 2018 at 11:44:16 AM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas

Congrats mbd on your win!

I tried a couple more times and scored right around 200K. Just can't seem to take this to the next level. And I didn't beat the game either.  

I also played through normally not worrying about score until I could no-death it, just because that was something that I wanted to accomplish. Because I already had the game mastered I was able to get a nice score.

You're amazing at Double Dragon II, Battletoads & Double Dragon, and Battletoads. IMO, the first Double Dragon is far easier than any of those, once you know what you're doing. You must not have played it as much as the others.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Mar 13, 2018 at 1:57:25 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: mbd39

I tried a couple more times and scored right around 200K. Just can't seem to take this to the next level. And I didn't beat the game either.  

I also played through normally not worrying about score until I could no-death it, just because that was something that I wanted to accomplish. Because I already had the game mastered I was able to get a nice score.

You're amazing at Double Dragon II, Battletoads & Double Dragon, and Battletoads. IMO, the first Double Dragon is far easier than any of those, once you know what you're doing. You must not have played it as much as the others.

I should have followed that strategy but just started going into full headbutt playthrough mode when I realized it wasn’t as much of a pain as I thought it would be. 

I should have had some better runs but I kept screwing up either in mission 3 by taking up too much time or in the caves by falling in a hole...something. Eh. Whatever.

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:29:20 PM
mbd39 (1)
(Michael ) < Bowser >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: gutsman004

Originally posted by: mbd39

I should have followed that strategy but just started going into full headbutt playthrough mode when I realized it wasn’t as much of a pain as I thought it would be. 

I should have had some better runs but I kept screwing up either in mission 3 by taking up too much time or in the caves by falling in a hole...something. Eh. Whatever.

Yeah. You have to be selective with the headbutts when there isn't enough time or if you're taking too much damage. I made sure to headbutt all the Chins in the first part of mission 3, and then I quickly disposed of other enemies including the two Abobos. Players who are faster with headbutts should be able to kill at least one Abobo along with the Chins without running out of time but I couldn't do it. Of course you could also keep looping the first part of mission 3 for big points, but I chose to burn my lives near the end of mission 4.

Reigning NA 2018 Beat Em Up Champion

Edited: 03/13/2018 at 03:56 PM by mbd39

Mar 19, 2018 at 1:10:57 PM
Stryphos (306)
(Bubble Man) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Congrats on your first win (if a bit belated) Michael.

Haves     |     Wants