Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

thanks usps

May 2, 2007 at 3:10:18 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
With the price of shipping you would think the postal service would take more care of packages. I sent two atari storage centers out. In a pretty sturdy box with fragile stickers on it. They arrived to there destination in pieces. The guy sent me some pics. I could of thru the package off the roof of my house and caused less damage. Guess I should of insured it. Has anyone ever insured a package and filed a claim. If its like anything else it probally wouldnt be worth the hassle

-------------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

May 2, 2007 at 4:04:44 PM
Battymo (100)
(Scrubb'n Nutz) < King Solomon >
Nova Scotia
Yeah... I've been getting some pretty beat up boxes lately too. Had that nice boxed power set sent to me... looks like someone took a few steps and booted it as hard as they could... Entire box was in mint condition... except for the big hole that was put through the shipping box and right through the styrofoam to the NES... Talk about goin' postal!

May 2, 2007 at 5:32:49 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
haha. I have seen first hand how mail gets treated. Double pack EVERYTHING!!! We didn't give to shits about the mail. I saw people sword fight with long poster tubes. Play basketball with packages. Run and slide on flat X-ray film. I am amazed that anything makes it were it is supposed to go. Most of the sorting is done by humans and stuff get sent the the wrong places all the time. Just like any other job, once you work there for awhile you don't really think about what you are doing, you are just collecting a check.

BTW I got the game case from you a few days ago Doug, I forgot to let you know until I read this post. Many thanks, works perfect now!
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

May 2, 2007 at 6:28:16 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeah, don't even bother with insurance claims -- it takes forever and is almost impossible to actually get approved. I've tried one time, and won't bother again. I offer optional insurance, but it's more or less to give my buyers a false sense of security (at best).

-Dain

May 2, 2007 at 8:58:04 PM
burnambill333 (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Nicholas Morgan) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: NationalGameDepot

haha. I have seen first hand how mail gets treated. Double pack EVERYTHING!!! We didn't give to shits about the mail. I saw people sword fight with long poster tubes. Play basketball with packages. Run and slide on flat X-ray film. I am amazed that anything makes it were it is supposed to go. Most of the sorting is done by humans and stuff get sent the the wrong places all the time. Just like any other job, once you work there for awhile you don't really think about what you are doing, you are just collecting a check.

BTW I got the game case from you a few days ago Doug, I forgot to let you know until I read this post. Many thanks, works perfect now!

~~NGD

When I used to work for Fed Ex I used to throw the HazMat packages as far as I could whenever I saw them. NGD is right, we didn't give 2 shits about the mail we had to handle.

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia!

May 2, 2007 at 11:00:27 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I used to work at UPS.  We used to play soccer with packages.  When stuff wouldnt fit in the truck we would jump on it to jam it in.  If we saw a box with candy or something we would open it and eat it.  If we got pissed off we would just start kicking and throwing stuff into the wall of the truck.  This was when I was 18, Im much more mature now and have much more respect for peoples stuff, im 27 now.