Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Mike Tyson Challenge 3 challenges

Jul 18, 2007 at 4:52:55 PM
KHAN Games (89)
(Kevin Hanley) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I really don't know. I thought this game was on everyone's top 10 list, so I'm sure everyone has it. Not sure why they aren't hopping on.

-------------------------

gauauu: look, we all paid $10K at some point in our lives for the privilege of hanging out with Kevin

Jul 18, 2007 at 5:41:33 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
some of us lack a good quality internet connection ... and also a good quality camera

They call me big Papa ....

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:00:47 PM
brideck (10)
(Brian Decker) < Eggplant Wizard >
Minnesota
As I said before I don't have it, so I wouldn't be able to participate anyway, but I think you're probably limiting your participants by having Tyson and King Hippo be your challenges.

By having Tyson, you're assuming that everyone's beaten the game before. A lot of people haven't, and probably aren't willing to try this competition if that's the case. I know I wouldn't be able to submit entries for those two categories if I had it. King Hippo is one of the less interesting fights in the game, and probably not enticing enough for people who don't have the skill to take down Tyson.

Just my two cents.

-Brian

At least I know why people haven't submitted any times for my challenge this week. Few people have DKJr Math, and even fewer are willing to play it.

Jul 18, 2007 at 6:57:04 PM
TN (73)
(TN TN) < El Ripper >
United States
I think Bridek makes some good points.  There are probably a lot of people who can't beat Tyson.  Until you get the hang of the first 1:30 of the first round vs. Tyson then fighting Tyson is not really any fun at all.
I have been playing my NWC and I am terrible at Tetris, my scores are no where near what others are putting up, so I have not really been inclined to post a low score.  Perhaps that is happening here as well.

Bridek, I will submit a DK Math score, as soon as I figure out how to play it.  I got the cart a while back and never bothered to figure it out.  Thankfully, this site has the manual on file, so I will take a look at that.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:08:45 PM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
After thinking about what type of challenge to add, I thought I'd leave it to the fans.  If someone wants to offer an idea, and another person seconds the idea, I'll throw it into the mix.

My Development Blog

Jul 31, 2007 at 10:16:28 PM
nes_king (63)
(josh .) < Ridley Wrangler >
Wisconsin

TN how on gods green earth did u knock tyson down in the first round at 1:25??

i didnt even think that was even clost to possible....

sell me your flintstones surprise at dinosaur peak MANUAL..

Aug 1, 2007 at 11:58:36 PM
TN (73)
(TN TN) < El Ripper >
United States
Here is how you do it without telling you how to do it.  The keys are:

1.  don't get hit
2.  you have to hit him twice every time he throws a punch
3.  You have to keep him from throwing his "pause" in the first 1:30.  His pause usually lasts about 5 seconds, if he does a pause then you will be lucky to get him down before 1:30.
4.  Your punch pattern is VERY important

Aug 17, 2007 at 10:01:06 AM
rizz (9)
(Frank Westphal) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Well, this contest has come to a close.  Congratulations to TN with victories in all 3 categories!  And thanks to everyone who participated.

My Development Blog

Sep 3, 2007 at 12:00:53 AM
Stan (81)
(Demonologist and Linguist Supreme) < Ridley Wrangler >
Virginia
I know this is closed, but one of the most amazing things I ever saw was this one time my brother and I were playing and he knocked down Glass Joe in literally as much time as it took him to come down and start. Couldn't get it to work after that so it was either a glitch or a really, really hard to pull off knock down.

Sep 9, 2007 at 3:06:34 PM
steven78 (118)
(--- ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
hi

it a shame i mist this one

3195A ROCKS  & Wanted List