NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

3 Ninjas Kick Back factory sealed

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:34:49 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
A sold a nice Fun n Games manual to OCD Steeldor on here a year (or 2) ago.

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:18:33 AM
nintendopower_4_ever (75)

(john smith) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

Originally posted by: nintendopower_4_ever

is the seam in the plastic across the bottom of the 3 ninjas box splitting open?

and doug, you still dont have a fun n games box or manual and the cart only sells seems to sell less than 10 times per year.
ive only seen one good manual and 3 boxes in almost 2 years and i bid $100+ on that manual a few months ago to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=36036...

why wasnt this your "holy grail" and hyped up instead?

Shags sold off his CIB on eBay late last year or early this year and it was around $200 I think.  It also had a good amount of wear.  Braveheart sold a CB copy only on eBay this Spring and it did awful, maybe $40?  I was quite a bit surprised.

And I may or may not have sold a dead mint CIB this year on the forums.

so what are you saying, those few examples in over the last year plus makes fun n games not really as rare?

i dont know "shags"
are you talking about this CIB that snesfinder won from the guy with the ugly boxes and all of the manuals missing staples with all of his games? i bought one of his CIBs and the guy never took care of a problem with forgetting to describe replaced staples in the manual too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=19050...

the manual is the Key to Fun N Games, and it was trash.

i think braveheart's CB went $70?

and as for you having "may or may not sold", werent you asking snefinder for 3 rare CIBs in trade PLUS $300 cash for your CIB fun n games last time i heard?
that is a pretty firm price!

yours is/was the last i heard of a CIB and that would still only make 2, putting this right with 3 ninjas as far as hype....

Jul 21, 2011 at 10:36:07 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

is the seam in the plastic across the bottom of the 3 ninjas box splitting open?

and doug, you still dont have a fun n games box or manual and the cart only sells seems to sell less than 10 times per year.
ive only seen one good manual and 3 boxes in almost 2 years and i bid $100+ on that manual a few months ago to get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=36036...

why wasnt this your "holy grail" and hyped up instead?

Shags sold off his CIB on eBay late last year or early this year and it was around $200 I think.  It also had a good amount of wear.  Braveheart sold a CB copy only on eBay this Spring and it did awful, maybe $40?  I was quite a bit surprised.

And I may or may not have sold a dead mint CIB this year on the forums.

so what are you saying, those few examples in over the last year plus makes fun n games not really as rare?

i dont know "shags"
are you talking about this CIB that snesfinder won from the guy with the ugly boxes and all of the manuals missing staples with all of his games? i bought one of his CIBs and the guy never took care of a problem with forgetting to describe replaced staples in the manual too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=19050...

the manual is the Key to Fun N Games, and it was trash.

i think braveheart's CB went $70?

and as for you having "may or may not sold", werent you asking snefinder for 3 rare CIBs in trade PLUS $300 cash for your CIB fun n games last time i heard?
that is a pretty firm price!

yours is/was the last i heard of a CIB and that would still only make 2, putting this right with 3 ninjas as far as hype....

Where did I say that?  You said you've only seen a couple of copies and I mentioned the ones that I remembered off hand.  You don't need to read anything into it.

I didn't remember Javaboy's I'm talking about NA user Shags.  He doesn't collect much anymore (at least not publicly), but he's had a lot of nice SNES / N64 items that he has since sold off. 

As for the last comment, this is why people need to mind their own damn business.  Not directed at you personally, I just get tired of deals being blown out of proportion.  I let it go for him to much less than that, and I never even made an offer that ridiculous.  If he wants to reveal the terms of the trade that's on him.  But it was quite a fair price based on known selling values of all the games involved. 

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:05:17 AM

United States
i never know where people stand sometimes in these 3 ninjas rarity debates, so i asked.
do you agree fun n games is even more rare than 3 ninjas kick back?
i think the actual cart scarcity of fun n games is a dead giveaway.

and i havent talked to snesfinder at all lately and he never said he made a trade, etc.....
so no disrespect, that was the just word on the NA street and then you started talking in mystery so i played into it!

personally i wouldnt see a minty Fun N Games going for pennies when it truly is a rare game, so why not several hundred and a few goodies as trade bait?
it isnt like you can just go to walmart and buy these games for a set low price everyday like everyone wants!

Jul 21, 2011 at 11:32:37 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

i never know where people stand sometimes in these 3 ninjas rarity debates, so i asked.

and i havent talked to snesfinder at all lately and he never said he made a trade, etc.....
so no disrespect, that was the just word on the NA street and then you started talking in mystery so i played into it!

personally i wouldnt see a minty Fun N Games going for pennies when it truly is a rare game, so why not several hundred and a few goodies as trade bait?
it isnt like you can just go to walmart and buy these games for a set low price everyday like everyone wants!

Eh, I'm not going to comment either way.  Until more data is known I'm going to put them on even levels.  Cart rarity doesn't matter IMO, proven by NES.  Games like Samson and Panic Restaurant have rare carts, but their prices don't rival a Chubby Cherub complete.  Not saying that necessarily applies here, just saying that cart rarity cannot always be applied to the CIB.

As far as price, I wasn't that attached to FnG and I even tried selling it around Xmas.  Didn't get any serious offers really, so back on the shelf it went.  When the opportunity presented itself to get a couple of games in trade that were high priority wants for me + a decent amount of cash, I took it.  SNESfinder is a cool guy who's done business with me previously, so I'd rather it go to him for a fair price rather than to some random guy with deeper pockets.  Money isn't everything all the time.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:08:57 PM

United States
so can you really call any super nintendo game a "holy grail" besides Mountain Bike Rally/ Speed Racer?

one person sees a 3 ninjas box for $1000 on ebay and guess what, up pops a sealed one!
i dont think it took that long at all and who knows maybe he has a case(or 2)....
im sure someone does.

Jul 21, 2011 at 1:10:36 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

so can you really call any super nintendo game a "holy grail" besides Mountain Bike Rally/ Speed Racer?

one person sees a 3 ninjas box for $1000 on ebay and guess what, up pops a sealed one!
i dont think it took that long at all and who knows maybe he has a case(or 2)....
im sure someone does.

Well we've lost track of how many sealed Hagane's we've seen, and that's still a $150-$200 CIB in Mint shape most likely.  So I don't see one Sealed game of this sending it's value into the gutter.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:31:57 PM
shawnphase (9)
(shawn phase) < Lolo Lord >
Western Australia
id say send it to vga, get it graded, and sit on it a few years. cuz the value right now despite whatever people are saying is hard to determine. depending on how minty vga considers it, its still sealed, and that will add value to it down the road.

http://www.tempsoundsolutions.com... for a whole slew of video game cover music.

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:12:58 PM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts

im sure someone does.

Well we've lost track of how many sealed Hagane's we've seen, and that's still a $150-$200 CIB in Mint shape most likely.  So I don't see one Sealed game of this sending it's value into the gutter.

I mean, this is what i was getting at. MBRSR is a know recall, ultra rare to find cat only as far as im concerned, ive herd there were only 50 copies made? maybe i herd only 200 were made elsewhere? not really sure anyway, but subtract the ones that were destroyed and that leaves....very few. thanks christ for that case  of 16 fresh sealed that was picked up at NoA. looks like most of them went to NA members, making it seem way less rare then what it really is. still 1000$+ i still havent been able to pry one out of some members here, or the VGA 85 one.

Ive also read that approx. only 2000 Fun N games were produced? ( who knows the truth?) but those are some dam low production numbers. I wonder what percent of those boxes and manuals Survived the last 15 years. my guess is, not many. So in my books Its worth more then some xtra paper money ( especally a minty copy) , and 

FYi for you two guys, Fun N games has always been my own personall Holy Grail, ever since i lost a sealed auction in JAN 2006, so id go the extra mile for it any day. In fact, Javoboys listing i just happend to catch after a long break, and winning it and holding it really got me back into full throttle collecting. 

and the value of Fun n Games CIB is give or take 200$ maybe up to 400$ based on condition? 

Yet even after the all the previous hype, and years of "sleeping" Dougs 3 ninjas sells for a whopping 150$. less than my semi- beat FnG, less then some Turrican 2s, Less then alot of stuff. WHY? shouldnt it have sold for a shit ton more? like Aero Fighters does, and Super Copa? if its really MORE Rare then the recalled Nes + SNES games, then the price should reflect that. Maybe everyone was on spring break that week.

the cart proves thats this game was mass produced, more than 2000 im assuming, but we dont know that information for sure, nor do we know how many IB were tossed, maybe all of them 

someone  here says he grabbed a 3 ninjas for 18$ last year, i think i saw a 12.99$ CIB tho it was several years back. but still. and that 1000$ box is a 2$ goodwill Buy, the saem place that ladntendoplyr found a sealed copy. Im a little Upset Doug had to come out public with his bidding information,  becasue now that 150$ seems like a steal, and other people who want it, ( like myself) are gonna have cough up some serious dough just to keep up with this hype lately, its not just full set SNES collectors that want one now i know for a fact.

but i guess a good thing in disguise that is what brought this game out of Skullz Closet ( literally) and now a new member here is curious because hes got a sealed copy. and Nintendo Power was right, for a stupid rare game that was fast to show up, and im sure well see more soon, if the hype keeps up, hopefully a case does show up like Hagane, put the nail in this coffin for sure.

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Jul 21, 2011 at 4:36:57 PM
BalloonFight (233)
(Kyle Allen) < Ridley Wrangler >
California
I'm glad people are finding 3 ninjas at goodwills and such. I've been looking for 4 years now and still want a copy. Someone PM me and sell me theirs.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Jul 21, 2011 at 6:23:41 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia

im sure someone does.

I dont think mbr/sp is any where near a holy grail, 

but arguing over what is rare and whats not, is beating a dead horse. ive always said any item is only worth what someone is willing to pay. just like the nwc carts it not worth more than a few hundred dollars to me, but others are willing to pay 20 thousand . which to them is worth it.   plus its nice to see people complete collections  but in reality it doesnt make them any more special or better than anyone else. I dont sit on here and ooo and ahhh because of anything anyone has  . i happy for a person when the achive a goal, but im not impressed by any item or collection, including my own.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Edited: 07/21/2011 at 06:29 PM by wrldstrman

Jul 22, 2011 at 10:41:14 AM
Skullz (76)
(Brian .) < Kraid Killer >
Iowa
Just to set the record straight and to stop people from bothering me

I DO NOT HAVE A CB COPY OF THIS GAME!

The copy you seen on Ebay was my brothers copy, I've seen it, but it's like an hour and a half away from me.

Can people stop sending me offers, thanks you!

You can contact my brother through this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Ninjas-Kick...

Although from what I've heard it's in the process of being sold so he won't have it for much longer.

My Buy/Sell/Trade Post:

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

My Ebay Stuff:

http://shop.ebay.com/brian111887/...

Willing to cut deals on Ebay stuff for people here, also looking for trades!

Edited: 07/22/2011 at 10:43 AM by Skullz

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:53:21 PM
yobo (0)

(James J) < Little Mac >
United States
I always knew Ninja Warriors was the expensive sealed title ...

The sealed 3 Ninjas Ive seen have all sold in between $100 - $200

Anyone want to sell sealed PAL UK games send me a PM

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:59:41 PM

United States
i heard this guy wants 8 grand now. is that true?

Jul 23, 2011 at 12:18:18 AM
BalloonFight (233)
California
Originally posted by: yobo

I always knew Ninja Warriors was the expensive sealed title ...

The sealed 3 Ninjas Ive seen have all sold in between $100 - $200

Super true yobo, 3 Ninjas sealed has always sold for $100-$200. Personally I have a $300 bounty for a sealed one if anyone would like to sell.

Always looking for early issues of these magazines: GameFan, Tips and Tricks, Electronic Gaming Monthly.
Don't be afraid to send me a PM if you have any of these. I would love to give you some games for your magazines. :)

Jul 23, 2011 at 2:37:35 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada

If we're talking sealed I think FnG is much rarer.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Jul 23, 2011 at 4:40:59 PM
SNESfinder- (87)
(Stelio Kontos) < Lolo Lord >
Massachusetts
actually...

12K or b/o is more like it.

..fuck my life

BUYING/TRADING for mint snes boxes, CIB, and sealed, commons to rares and everything inbetween. will pay retail for items I need. ebay- http://www.ebay.com/sch/are-es-t/m.html?item=120930427271&pt...

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:10:59 PM
BalloonFight (233)
California
lol. I'd offer $350 for it. It would be the record by $150 for one sold AFAIK.

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:16:28 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
I hate people like this.

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:16:58 PM

United States
$350 seems a little high...

Jul 23, 2011 at 6:10:48 PM
alekx (108)
(Alexander Kong) < Bowser >
Alberta
12,000 lol you fixing to buy a car or something? what are you going to do with ALL that money? I say you open it and raise the price to $13,000.

Jul 23, 2011 at 9:01:27 PM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
"i appreciate everyone here telling me this is worth $300, i think i'll try my hand on ebay instead at 40x that number, thanks everyone!"

Jul 23, 2011 at 9:07:55 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
Here is where i find collecting very funny.If I had another complete copy or a sealed copy unti more are found i would ask for a lot. Why is ok to think the surprise at dinosaur peak sealed game the nolands sold was worth a ton of money.and this game isnt. who is the all knowing expert who says each game is worth this or that. If this were my game i would have it graded and it seems to written in stone here grading a game increases the value 10 fold or more. so he should get it graded and list it for 25 thousand. I myself think game grading is idiotic, but i dont begrudge anyone who does it. I would never buy a graded game,

the whole fact is there is nothing wrong with asking for a ton of money, Im actually glad if there are tons of cib or sealed 3 ninjas, they should start coming out of the woodwork and we can all have a copy.

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:06:16 PM
rarebucky (178)

(Adam Buchwald) < Ridley Wrangler >
United States
^ you're missing the point (at least of most of the posts above yours). Guy comes on here asking for values, seemingly having no idea what he had, NA members opine on value, and he ignores it and prices it retarded. He can do whatever he wants, but it does seem quite hilarious how he did it.

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:46:11 PM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Exactly. He admits grabbing it from a thrift store so you know it was cheap, and he has exactly one post on this forum. Simply to ask what collectors thought it was worth. Don't waste our time if you are going to price it at an obscene value in the first place.