Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join
Feb 18, 2014 at 10:28:41 PM
Cross (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Virginia
Profile
After this crazy Yellow Zelda fad I went searching for one myself. I found on in a lot of games on eBay, but theres no good photos of it because the seller doesnt know what he has. I don't want to ask for photos, because well it would be a great snag at this price, and it may arise suspicion in the seller.

The bid is a tad expensive at $100, but I feel like it is worth the risk.

Would you bid on the item if you were me?

Addition by NA staff:
The ebay listing was 100% done by the OP.

We know his real name and e-mail and they match the ebay username prior to the recent change.

No one bid on this thinking you will be getting a test cart. This was just a big scheme to manipulate the community.

-------------------------
I do make consolized game gears, after I make my newest model I must first sell my other projects before I can continue making more. I have too much to keep track of at the moment

Edited: 02/21/2014 at 12:20 PM by NintendoAge Moderator

Feb 18, 2014 at 10:37:53 PM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
Profile
I found the same auction you are talking about. I wouldn't. But then again, I'm not a reseller.

-------------------------

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:17:15 PM
pujolsfan (116)
< King Solomon >
Missouri
Profile
Depends how sure I was and what else was included in the auction

Feb 18, 2014 at 11:38:37 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Profile
Originally posted by: Cross

After this crazy Yellow Zelda fad I went searching for one myself. I found on in a lot of games on eBay, but theres no good photos of it because the seller doesnt know what he has. I don't want to ask for photos, because well it would be a great snag at this price, and it may arise suspicion in the seller.

The bid is a tad expensive at $100, but I feel like it is worth the risk.

Would you bid on the item if you were me?

Are you talking about a yellow test cart ?  You should have already hit BIN, if he only wants $100 for the entire lot.

If you are talking about the standard gold version, then it would depend on what else you are getting.

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:12:29 AM
Sjp5412 (66)
(Sam ) < Meka Chicken >
Minnesota
Profile
It's an auction and it definitely looks like test cart

Edited: 02/19/2014 at 12:22 AM by Sjp5412

Feb 19, 2014 at 12:25:59 AM
mickcris (10)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Profile
Its probably going to go for quite a bit more than 100 since it was just listed and there are 6 and a half days left.

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:08:38 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Profile
Originally posted by: ifightdragons

I found the same auction you are talking about. I wouldn't. But then again, I'm not a reseller.

What does being a reseller have to do with it?

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:30:03 PM
ifightdragons (7)
< Lolo Lord >
Norway
Profile
Apologies, that was supposed to be reseller slash collector.

For value eitherwise, and not gameplay. If you're either, I think 100 dollars is a steal bid! Good luck

-------------------------

I write shorthand reviews of every classic game I beat on The Backloggery, have a look-see.

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:38:23 PM
Dew_Gyver (29)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Profile
I see the auction that you are talking about.
I would be careful of this.
I would ask the seller to personally email you a photo.
The cart could very well be painted.
Look at the slight nick on the bottom right of the cart in the photo.

People have been known for painting carts on ebay and passing them off as legit.

-------------------------
Wanted...http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:12:18 PM
grayworld (79)
(In a Van Down by the River) < Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Profile
I think someone eyes the same thing because I don't think that lot is worth no where near $100 if that isn't a test cart...just my opinion though

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:14:33 PM
Maertens29 (61)
< Lolo Lord >
Saskatchewan
Profile
Posting this was seriously detrimental to you getting any kind of deal on the cart OP.

-------------------------
I'm looking for a mint, factory sealed Dragon Ball Advanced for gameboy advance, let me know!

Feb 19, 2014 at 5:46:32 PM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Profile
Originally posted by: Maertens29

Posting this was seriously detrimental to you getting any kind of deal on the cart OP.

Very true. Thanks to this thread, I found the lot within two minutes of eBay searching and put a watch on it. OP should've been less specific. OTOH, anyone actively scaning NES lots will notice it. That yellow cart really stands out. So I don't think there'd be much luck of that auction flying under the radar.

Like what Dew said, the timing of this lot is suspect coming off the Goodwill auction. Throw a bid in if you want, but I suspect it'll end with a winning bid of a few hundred bucks. I guess it depends on how much risk you're willing to take. Would eBay cover the buyer if that cart turns out to be a painted Zelda cart? After all, there is no mention anywhere on that auction page of it being specifically a test cart.

-------------------------
My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:32:01 PM
grayworld (79)
(In a Van Down by the River) < Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Profile
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Originally posted by: Maertens29

Posting this was seriously detrimental to you getting any kind of deal on the cart OP.

Very true. Thanks to this thread, I found the lot within two minutes of eBay searching and put a watch on it. OP should've been less specific. OTOH, anyone actively scaning NES lots will notice it. That yellow cart really stands out. So I don't think there'd be much luck of that auction flying under the radar.

Like what Dew said, the timing of this lot is suspect coming off the Goodwill auction. Throw a bid in if you want, but I suspect it'll end with a winning bid of a few hundred bucks. I guess it depends on how much risk you're willing to take. Would eBay cover the buyer if that cart turns out to be a painted Zelda cart? After all, there is no mention anywhere on that auction page of it being specifically a test cart.

I had already and spotted it before the thread, so it was definitely noticed haha

I got a reply from the seller and some "better" pics...they are actually small and horrible but looks like a total paint job to me.  If the OP wouldn't mind I can post what I got.

My advise however would be to proceed with extreme caution.

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:29:30 PM
MODERATOR
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana
Profile
If I were you, I'd do anything and everything you can do to get it. And if all else fails on that one, I'll sell you my 100% legit one for 750$, about 250ish off retail.

Just let me know. I'll post a pic here.

 photo 2-19-zelda_zps40e89f84.jpeg

-------------------------

Feb 19, 2014 at 8:53:31 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Profile
the sellers other listings makes me think he knows what he is doing and it is fake.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:06:24 AM
Cutman (46)
(Robot Master) < Little Mac >
United States
Profile
I'm hesitant to say this. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything, but something seems fishy here. Both Cross and eBay seller javaapi live in Herndon, VA (pop 23,000). They both own Neo Geo MVS games. And Cross, just a few months ago, was inquiring about a scan of the Zelda label.

It's probably a coincidence, but I thought I should say something. I also apologize for spilling the url that so many have managed to keep secret.

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261402485...?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261400627...?

-------------------------
I have NES Manuals for Sale.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:13:33 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Profile
Originally posted by: Cross

Would you bid on the item if you were me?

You probably shouldn't bid on your own auctions, it's shill bidding.

Looking forward to hearing your story on this one as cutman's detective work is spot on.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:28:18 AM
MODERATOR
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Profile
This thread just got good! I smell some BS in here too.

-------------------------
WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge!
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:30:35 AM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Profile
Here's a photo for comparriosn, compare the yoshi and test cart to the one I have, no contest it's a fake.
test cart comparrison

-------------------------
Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:31:12 AM
mickcris (10)
< Meka Chicken >
Texas
Profile
It does appear the person listing the auction is trying to act like they don't know what they have. They also changed their id recently from cevansxi3 to javaapi. Not really sure why someone would do that unless they were trying to hide something.

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:31:49 AM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Profile
Originally posted by: grayworld

[...]

Post the pictures you recieved and any other information received from the "Seller"

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:40:35 AM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Profile
So in Cross's feedback there is this.
NA-49017     great buyer, fast payment!! Castlevania, Contra and the 5 in 1 test cart     coinheaven (233) 07/27/2013 at 12:18 PM

So is this (the ebay auction)  a repro 5-1 test cart from Coinheaven (aka NES Dump) painted yellow, with a Zelda Label Slapped on it ?

http://www.thenesdump.com/games/m...

or is this all just a big strange coincidence ?

Edited: 02/20/2014 at 09:41 AM by Everharm

Feb 20, 2014 at 9:53:32 AM
grayworld (79)
(In a Van Down by the River) < Meka Chicken >
Kentucky
Profile
Originally posted by: Everharm

[...]

Will do! I think the pic of the cart back's tells the story here....that looks a bit too glossy to me haha

Thought I would post my communication withe the seller too: (Edit: Yep, totally played dumb! hahaha)

From: javaapi
To: grayscomputerky
Subject: Re: Details about item: grayscomputerky sent a message
Sent Date: Feb-19-14 13:48:03 PST

Dear grayscomputerky,

Here they are

- javaapi

From: grayscomputerky
To: javaapi
Sent Date: Feb-19-14 15:33:30 PST

Dear javaapi,

Cool thanks.  Is that Zelda one yellow? That's pretty odd...was it painted or something?

- grayscomputerky

From: javaapi
To: grayscomputerky
Sent Date: Feb-19-14 15:38:08 PST

Dear grayscomputerky,

I don't know, it's always been that way since I got it. I would guess so because I've never seen a yellow nes cartridge before

- javaapi