Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Gamevaluenow has been sold

Sep 16 at 7:37:15 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
Originally posted by: TheBiRD

Originally posted by: zeldaboy

Anyone else having problems with the site? Can't seem to log in anymore....
Same here, just reload the login page in loop

Yep, same issue....endless loop, cannot log in  

-------------------------

Edited: 09/16/2019 at 07:38 PM by zeldaboy

Sep 16 at 7:43:46 PM
CrowTRobot (10)
(Joshua G.) < Crack Trooper >
Virginia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Originally posted by: CrowTRobot

Originally posted by: TheBiRD

Originally posted by: zeldaboy

Anyone else having problems with the site? Can't seem to log in anymore....
Same here, just reload the login page in loop

I logged in just fine.

I logged in fine but when I tried to view a collection. It booted me back to the login screen.

That did happen to me after leaving it idle for a few minutes, but I logged back in and clicked a collection and it worked fine. Are you leaving it alone for prolonged periods of time or anything like that?

Happened as soon as I logged in and tried to view a collection. Then went into the login loop but now it's working OK for me. Weird.

Sep 17 at 1:53:48 AM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Had no issues just now.

Sep 17 at 9:52:24 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
I'm hoping the site comes back to life. I have logged almost 100 games and accessories that are just sitting in limbo. There's at least 50 new games for Switch that I would like to add, but until the stuff I put in back in June gets loaded, I don't see the point. I've reached out to several people including the site support and Jeff himself and heard nothing but crickets. It's disheartening to say the least. I have put in so much time helping that site with Amiibos, Disney Infinity, and Switch and can't get an answer from anyone. That site is what I have talked my insurance company into taking for a value on my collection, so I hate to see it just sit idle like this. Anyone know anyone that can help, send them my way.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Sep 17 at 4:52:36 PM
fusoyaff2 (44)
< Eggplant Wizard >
New York
Just added Lumines Remastered and Minit for PS4. Strangely, the Switch versions already exist on the site. There seems to be a bias on that site for processing Switch games and not processing PS4/Vita games, as I still have "user created items" going back to June.

It's a shame, that site WAS a nice place to keep a digital catalog of my collection......

Sep 18 at 9:34:50 AM
Nintegageo (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Canada
Is pricecharting better than gvn at this point?

Sep 18 at 9:42:08 AM
ICrappedMyPants (26)
(Mac ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Illinois
I think Jeff and GoCollect have a lot of room for improvement on business transitions. It's apparent to me that he is a collector with limited business acumen. I hope that changes through building experience.

Sep 18 at 10:24:36 AM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Originally posted by: punch-out!!84

I think Jeff and GoCollect have a lot of room for improvement on business transitions. It's apparent to me that he is a collector with limited business acumen. I hope that changes through building experience.

I think you’re backwards on this one..... he is a incredible businessman but new to game collecting. And GVN is a drop in the bucket for him.... will never have the passion as Rick but I expect the site to come out with a new design soon. Try looking him up.  

Sep 18 at 10:24:50 AM
Fleck586 (155)
(Jason Fleck) < Lolo Lord >
Missouri
Originally posted by: fusoyaff2

Just added Lumines Remastered and Minit for PS4. Strangely, the Switch versions already exist on the site. There seems to be a bias on that site for processing Switch games and not processing PS4/Vita games, as I still have "user created items" going back to June.

It's a shame, that site WAS a nice place to keep a digital catalog of my collection......
There is an admin portal for adding games.  I have been very active trying to keep the Switch database up to date.  Rick was pretty active keeping those up to date as well and had others keeping XB1 and PS4 and others updated.  I don't know if it was him or who the others were, but I would from time to time, see other console's games in the queue.  Since the sale, there has been little to no attention paid to the portal.  The way it works is one of us goes in and adds the details and pic into the queue and Rick or another higher admin would approve them and they would immediately be added to the site.  This is how I got all the Amiibos, Disney Infinity, and a large chunk of the Switch database uploaded.  Right now, as I type, there are 91 games/amiibos/accessories sitting in the queue.  A few weeks ago, someone added a few PS4 games and in the next few days they were approved and added.  Currently in the queu there is one PS1 game, 20 PS4 games, 12 XB1 games, all the newest Amiibos, and the rest is all Switch games and accessories.  The majority of these have been sitting in the queue since the time of the sale.  As I said in an earlier post, I have well over 50 new games that I have on a list to be added, but until someone goes in and approves the ones that are already in the queue, I am not adding anything.  I have reached out to Rick on NA and via email with no reply, which is odd because he is usually so good about getting back to me.  I have also reached out to Jeff through NA, and I have sent 2 emails to support asking for assistance, all with no reply.  So frustrating.  Just say something.  Anything.  Even a "Fuck off" at this point would at least be something.  But no reply just furthers my frustrations.  It sucks too, because GVN is leaps better than Price Charting in many ways to me, especially with how user friendly the collection piece is, to just sit there in limbo like this.  It makes me sad.

"I'm sorry Bruce.  These boys get that syrup in 'em and they get all antsy in their pantsies."

Sep 18 at 12:11:18 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
The site was obviously bought to mine data or to add into Jeff's master plan, it's obvious to me why the site itself has fallen into disarray, and personally I wouldn't help it out, unpaid, at this point

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Sep 18 at 2:21:15 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California
Originally posted by: Nintegageo

Is pricecharting better than gvn at this point?

As long as the system as built is still running and pulling recent eBay sales I'll stick with gvn. I've never had the same level of confidence in vgpc's numbers.

I do get the impression we're facing an expiration date on gvn, and NA. There's been almost no engagement from the top since we got through the sales pitch phase. This would have been prime time to fix some of the glaring issues that have been hanging around for years. That kind of thing is what kills an active site.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Edited: 09/18/2019 at 02:22 PM by Lincoln

Sep 18 at 2:36:41 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Anyone notice that the eBay API changed again in the last month or so, and both PC and GVN are reporting inaccurate prices on OBO'd items? The GVN algorithm is broken at the moment.

Also, I'm not expecting much out of new management either.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Sep 18 at 3:10:06 PM
ICrappedMyPants (26)
Illinois
Originally posted by: Mr. CIB

I think you’re backwards on this one..... he is a incredible businessman but new to game collecting. And GVN is a drop in the bucket for him.... will never have the passion as Rick but I expect the site to come out with a new design soon. Try looking him up.  

Actually, I have looked him up. I’m not saying he hasn’t been successful as a big fish in a very small pond.

However, after working for a self made billionaire who started out as a HS dropout tow truck driver and another top paid CEO who has transformed a company several times over the decades, I’ve seen real business visionaries. I’ve seen plenty of acquisitions, including drops in the bucket, and I know how they should be handled. They are definitely not handled this way.

Sep 18 at 4:57:35 PM
Nintegageo (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Canada
I actually created a pricecharting account today - just wish their Neo Geo was done. It's only 148 games!

Sep 18 at 5:22:19 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
B.A. (268)
(Brian P.) < Master Higgins >
Minnesota
Originally posted by: Lincoln

There's been almost no engagement from the top since we got through the sales pitch phase. This would have been prime time to fix some of the glaring issues that have been hanging around for years. 

Yep, you are right and it's not going to happen. From what I can tell everything is staying completly as-is. 

Sep 18 at 5:34:49 PM
ICrappedMyPants (26)
Illinois
There is really no financial gain to be had in updating this site. However, I can see potential to monetize the tracker beyond using the algorithms internally. I think it's a mistake on that end to alienate users and contributors of the data for that site.

If I was just looking to make money, I'd capture every piece of valuable historic information from this site and then just let it fade away and not waste the money keeping it around.

It's no different than buying competitors and then dumping their employees.

Sep 18 at 8:22:44 PM
caratekid (40)

(mark corrado) < Meka Chicken >
United States
So is gamevalue now working properly? Shouldnit not be used?

Sep 18 at 8:47:21 PM
VGS_OptOut (10)
(Taiwan PAL Gamer ) < Lolo Lord >
Taiwan

There is really no financial gain to be had in updating this site. However, I can see potential to monetize the tracker beyond using the algorithms internally. I think it's a mistake on that end to alienate users and contributors of the data for that site.

If I was just looking to make money, I'd capture every piece of valuable historic information from this site and then just let it fade away and not waste the money keeping it around.

I don't understand why he needed to buy NA to get that data, seeing as this is a public forum and all the information that has been gathered here over the years is primarily factual, historical record rather than anything creative that could be copyrighted. Even with original research into like variants or whatever, the word on the page is copyrighted, but the actual facts of what's out there cannot be claimed or owned by anyone.

I've certainly seen enough to know that NA was already spiralling before the buyout, but the buyout itself has done absolutely nothing to arrest that and may even have driven more of us away.

www.videogamesage.com...

Sep 18 at 8:50:15 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: OptOut

I don't understand why he needed to buy NA to get that data, seeing as this is a public forum and all the information that has been gathered here over the years is primarily factual, historical record rather than anything creative that could be copyrighted. Even with original research into like variants or whatever, the word on the page is copyrighted, but the actual facts of what's out there cannot be claimed or owned by anyone.

I've certainly seen enough to know that NA was already spiralling before the buyout, but the buyout itself has done absolutely nothing to arrest that and may even have driven more of us away.

If nothing else, the photos in the database would be copyrighted to NA.

Sep 18 at 8:50:56 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: OptOut

He got NA as part of the investment in Dains collection, and it was used for the Database for his website. He just happened to buy GVN around the same time (for the data as well)

www.videogamesage.com...

Sep 18 at 8:51:05 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
So out of curiosity, if/when NA takes its last breath, where is the next best place to go? Is there somewhere where most of us could/would congregate or does it all go to reddit/facebook?

Sep 18 at 8:53:41 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: leatherrebel5150

So out of curiosity, if/when NA takes its last breath, where is the next best place to go? Is there somewhere where most of us could/would congregate or does it all go to reddit/facebook?

I can guarantee that a member from here would make a new forum to host everyone.

Sep 18 at 8:57:03 PM
leatherrebel5150 (180)
(Kidd ) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

I can guarantee that a member from here would make a new forum to host everyone.

I'd hope so because Ive never liked facebook and reddit seems too impersonal. Though it would suck to lose all of the things here, the databases, past Ezine's, transaction records, etc

Sep 18 at 9:04:29 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Fuck facebook!

www.videogamesage.com...

Sep 18 at 9:06:39 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts

Exactly.  This scenario has been discussed in many circles and would be a no-brainer if this place were to ever dissolve.