Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

$20 scored this

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:26:43 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
It's not Duck Tales 2, but I think bragging rights go to nailing down Mega Man 6 for $1. Cheesy  the games stacked in pairs were $20 total, to support my friend and his shop paid high ($12) on Goonies 2.  Solar Jetman and Double Dribble were at the same dude for a buck too, he had no idea.  The rest were all 4 for 10 and the rest were I think 2 for 2 and 1 for 3.  Overall kickass grab I think.

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:33:19 PM
RetroNESNerd (77)
(Justin S) < Ridley Wrangler >
Nebraska
$12 for goonies ouch. I know you are trying to support your friend but who does he plan to sell them to heh? Decent find otherwise.

-------------------------

Sep 5, 2010 at 9:54:34 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
MM6 and PB...nice!

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:05:51 PM
nothingface023 (60)
(Andy C) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
Definitely some fun games in there. Power Blade is awesome, and we all know the MM games are good.

Have any Odd or Rare Variants?  Post 'em here:  http://vintage.nintendoage.com/fo...

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:10:33 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Retro: Well as he puts it and I agree with him, in a good 50-60+ mile radius he's the one oasis in all the desert. So if people are too fucking lazy to hit the swap meet, craigslist and drive(plus get lucky first), or use ebay to their advantage he is it. Most his stuff is 5-10 over priced going against ebay values of same quality materials, but some is outrageous. He basically says he does it because people will pay it, and because he's freaked if he kept doing stuff downright cheap he'll get burned when the fad wears off and the prices crash which he's wishing would happen. Most his games a pre-Wii/yobo era a few years back was just $5 straight(tax included in that) and a few were $10 and over but it was the known stuff like the Dragon Warriors, Mega Mans, etc.

He's a friend so I'll get a 'cheap' one from him like once a month to support him while hanging out. He does me well in return when I take crap in as he'll give me over what his book value is a bit and he never charges me tax either which is over 9% in our area now.

enslaved, believe it or not I got PB on a whim as I recalled seeing some joke about it some month ago if that where it looks like Arnie as the title screen dude. I remembered it looked like a neat platformer with a boomerang attack so I figured why not and it is pretty fun. I was pretty jazzed getting Karnov as I used to pound an arcade unit of that some, and Ninja Gaiden at 2.50 was a happy moment too. Also I knew that 2in1 sports game was Technos and the Soccer title is KUNIO and it's basically what that new 3D DS Soccer Hooligans game is, just the original version so that's fun kicking people asses into the dirt to steal the ball as they spaz out.

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:45:04 PM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
Nice job Jeff! Hell, Ninja Gaiden and Mega Man 6 are two of my favorite games on the nes. As far as Game ADX goes, he has a point but his stuff goes for a bit much at times. I myself go and get some stuff at random there and he's a cool dude to talk to and the shop is pretty rad. Some of his prices are a bit wonky, I found Sword Master for dirt cheap there and I swear that I could never find that game anywhere else at the time. I remember I got Cliffhanger there for like ten bucks and that wasn't so bad for an uncommon game really.

Sep 5, 2010 at 10:48:52 PM
Derpy Hooves (0)
(Cody is now 20% cooler) < El Ripper >
United States
Sweet find. $12 for Goonies II is a really bad taste in my mouth, compared to $1 for Mega Man 6, a really good taste in my mouth.

Sep 5, 2010 at 11:29:08 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Yeah I know, it was the lesser of many evils at gameadx price wise. The least I've seen so far there is $8 for Top Gun, but he's got overhead and the fact there are too many lazy assholes out there who don't research or buy online/craigslist local so it helps prop his values up as idiots pay it. If he wasn't a 'good' friend of over 15 years I'd just shoot and shit and leave. Regardless I agree too, Mega Man 6 at $1 is a very good taste in the mouth. Keeping a straight face whipping out a dollar on that one (not so much solar jetman and double dribble for a buck but still) was fun.

Sam you're right though his stuff is hit and miss these days due to those yobo shit units and idiots who don't research. You can get a game or two there that'll be the same as buying from someone on here after shipping within a buck or two, or you could end up with a no box but all else there looks like new copy of bubble bobble for $40, or a loose GI Joe Atlantis Factor for $70, or a Dracula X SNES in box for I think $120. All which suck at that price grossly.

Sep 6, 2010 at 12:28:37 PM
KBcollector (43)

(Josh S) < Lolo Lord >
Kentucky
Great finds, that is way too high for Goonies but you made up for it with some of the others.

Edited: 09/06/2010 at 12:28 PM by KBcollector

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:56:45 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
I know it was. Like I said already I usually will buy one of the 'cheaper' games I really do want from my friend to support him and his shop as we've been friends like 15 years. If it wasn't for that, well forget it you know. That's why I titled it 'I got these for $20' probably should have just left goonies out of the pic but forgot to remove it.