Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NintendoAge 2015 Weekly Contests Presents: Ice Hockey Contest ends Sunday, 10/11/15 at 11 PM NA time

Oct 12, 2015 at 7:05:50 PM
BriGuy82 (25)
(Beady Eyed Man Boy) < Lolo Lord >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: bearcat-doug

Originally posted by: BriGuy82

This was... 25/20/25, to get to 70.

I was seriously expecting you to come back with a 75+ score last night. Great scores everybody!

That makes two of us. Congrats to you and bert, you guys are animals!

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:24:52 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Originally posted by: bertsampson

Originally posted by: skinnygrinny

Originally posted by: ninjistar

Score updated

Had to go with the fatty lineup
I went with a modified "Mario" line up (the big guys look like Mario to me).  Three Mario's and one skinnygrinny (you're welcome)   I certainly had a more aggressive team and more shots on goal. Lots of puck stealing!

Lol. That's awesome! Thanks ninji. 

Nice job everybody. Great scores top 3.... Jerks ;p

Ha Ha. 

Oh, and my strategy involved getting one pass in after the faceoff.  The goalie moves out of the way about 90% of the time if you simply pass the puck for the assist.

i had a hard time w/face offs. I would let Canada win them then try to steal it back. 

-------------------------
 2016 - weekly contest "trash talker"

"...fated to pretend" - M.G.M.T.

Oct 13, 2015 at 5:46:59 PM
bertsampson (11)
(Andrew Bradley) < Meka Chicken >
Washington

Originally posted by: ninjistar

Score updated

Had to go with the fatty lineup
I went with a modified "Mario" line up (the big guys look like Mario to me).  Three Mario's and one skinnygrinny (you're welcome)   I certainly had a more aggressive team and more shots on goal. Lots of puck stealing!

Lol. That's awesome! Thanks ninji. 

Nice job everybody. Great scores top 3.... Jerks ;p

Ha Ha. 

Oh, and my strategy involved getting one pass in after the faceoff.  The goalie moves out of the way about 90% of the time if you simply pass the puck for the assist.

i had a hard time w/face offs. I would let Canada win them then try to steal it back. 

Not sure how you had a hard time with face offs.  I used a skinnygrinny guy and never lost a face off.

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:24:09 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
(a.k.a. the grinder. kobra kai! 42 foot tapeworm. Dragon kid. Sqoon kid. Surfer brah!) < Master Higgins >
Florida

Not sure how you had a hard time with face offs.  I used a skinnygrinny guy and never lost a face off.

I could win the face offs but it seemed to make the puck fly off randomly and I would have to chase it down. If I just let Canada win them I could go smash whoever had the puck with a fatty. 

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:17:15 PM
bertsampson (11)
Washington

I could win the face offs but it seemed to make the puck fly off randomly and I would have to chase it down. If I just let Canada win them I could go smash whoever had the puck with a fatty. 

Oh, ok.  You know you can direct which way the puck goes with the d-pad, right?

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:22:25 PM
skinnygrinny (68)
Florida

Lol! C'mon Bert! Lol is that what that a d-pad does?! 
I thought I was maybe I wasn't  paying enough attention. Next time gadget.neeeext tiiiiime! 

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:42:58 PM
bertsampson (11)
Washington

Lol! C'mon Bert! Lol is that what that a d-pad does?! 
I thought I was maybe I wasn't  paying enough attention. Next time gadget.neeeext tiiiiime! 
Ha ha.  Yeah, you can basically choose which player the puck goes to.