Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NES Power Pak Lite another bunnyboy creation

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:42:34 PM
antofarabia (106)
(Papa Smurf) < Kraid Killer >
Georgia
Just bought one - this should be pretty great - NGD or someone else do you have the rom for the Super Mario World converstion to the NES?  If it works for that game and I somehow obtain the rom, it should be well worth the investment.  Kart Fighter is always a kick as well.  Who would have thought that the pirated community would actually make some pretty nice items?

-------------------------

They call me big Papa ....

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:11:39 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
The powerpak light is something totaly different, it is only a dev tool, not for playing the ROM's. The regular powerpak, which is sold out is the one that is playable with the ROM's.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:37:29 PM
MarioMania (10)
(Danny Scalero) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: LyNxSoLaRiS

Originally posted by: MarioMania

What Games can support the Power Pak..That's the Question on my mind

Edit: How many NES ROM's can fit on one CF Card...What Mappers are supported, Like Super Mario Wolrd, Super Donkey Kong & other pirate games

The mappers that are currently supported can be found here. All you'll need to do is find which games use these mappers (which is quite a few). BootGod's site will help you find which games use what mappers.

Can I have BootGod's Site Please

Jun 13, 2007 at 7:49:44 PM
LyNxSoLaRiS (2)
(Ryan Hairyes) < Little Mac >
North Carolina

Jun 17, 2007 at 1:50:08 PM
antofarabia (106)
Georgia
I tested this thing out yesterday...and while it did not work for all roms that I had...I have to admit it is pretty darn cool.  And it probably works for all mappers that it says it does...but me not knowing a lick of development would not know this.  PLUS, the guy got it shipped to me in like 3 days which is amazing turn around time.  Way to go bunnyboy...I'll be buying from you again.

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:09:34 PM
MarioMania (10)
(Danny Scalero) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: antofarabia

I tested this thing out yesterday...and while it did not work for all roms that I had...I have to admit it is pretty darn cool. And it probably works for all mappers that it says it does...but me not knowing a lick of development would not know this. PLUS, the guy got it shipped to me in like 3 days which is amazing turn around time. Way to go bunnyboy...I'll be buying from you again.

Can you say what games will work on it and games will not..

Jun 17, 2007 at 8:34:20 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Let me know if there are any games that should work but don't. Assuming your iNES headers are right, the CopyNES code should reject the game if it is not a supported mapper.

Jun 17, 2007 at 9:49:08 PM
antofarabia (106)
Georgia
Originally posted by: MarioMania

Originally posted by: antofarabia I tested this thing out yesterday...and while it did not work for all roms that I had...I have to admit it is pretty darn cool. And it probably works for all mappers that it says it does...but me not knowing a lick of development would not know this. PLUS, the guy got it shipped to me in like 3 days which is amazing turn around time. Way to go bunnyboy...I'll be buying from you again.
Can you say what games will work on it and games will not..

I haven't had the time, nor a stable enough internet to test out more roms, but the few homebrew games that I pulled off the internet had some graphical glitches (one is called Sack of Flour - again not sure what mapper it would use).  Noah's Ark (PAL) does not load up as clearly as the original cartridge version (it has a few more graphical glitches). 

It will not play Chinese multicarts, which makes perfect sense as these would all have way different mappers.

Personal recommendation, download Kart Fighter (I tested that game on it, and it worked like a dream - pretty nifty game too). 

And the NTSC games that I tested on it seemed to work okay.

FINAL NOTE: BUY, BUY, BUY - this product is absolutey amazing, I really could not be happier with it.

Jun 17, 2007 at 10:40:25 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Originally posted by: antofarabia
one is called Sack of Flour - again not sure what mapper it would use

That game is a great example why this cart is needed! It was written for buggy emulators and does not work correctly on real hardware. It does known bad stuff which you can see in accurate emulators like Nestopia and Nintendulator. If someone has the original source it can probably be fixed now...

Any multicarts (and most Chinese games) will have funky mappers that PowerPak Lite just doesn't support. Nobody should be writing new games for those mappers anyways!

Jun 19, 2007 at 12:31:32 PM
HeartOfDavid (61)
(David Clark) < El Ripper >
Louisiana
Has anyone bought a PowerPak (not PowerPak Lite)? If you have, how well does it work? I'm really interested in buying one, especially since there's no need for anything other then a way to upload roms to the CF card.

For the longest time, I've said that Christ died FOR us. The truth is, He died INSTEAD of us!

Jun 29, 2007 at 8:43:21 PM
Shags (65)
(--- Ben ---) < El Ripper >
Alaska
Figured i would get one of these while i wait for the PowerPaks to get back in stock. Wish I would have got a CopyNes awhile back, now the only ones i see go up for resale are PAL, hopefully we get a USB version soon.