Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:26:55 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Ok guys I just wanted to let everyone know about a situation I occured with Josha Browning (Ebay id southtownhero82).
I want to make sure I tell everything as the truth becasuse I don/t want him saying I slander his rep.  When you tell the truth you are not slandering. (Sorry Josh Browning you should not screw me over with a fake reproduction Stadium Events and get caught saying you did not know it was fake)  

Background of the story.  

I was searching ebay and ran across a game lot with Nes, snes and 64 games Ebay item number 171258175610.  he had a stadium events mixed with with all the nes games.  when I saw the lot their was 5 days left on the auction.  I emailed him asking if he had a buy it now price?
He responded "no  but he has had alot of offer for just the nes game and he did not know why and he wanted to let the auction run out unless he get some insane offer".  so I said ok I will try to win the auction.  two days before the auction ended he took it down.  So i emailed him and 
asking what happen to the auction.  The seller (Josh Browning  replied to me and said some guy offered him 1600 for just the nes games.  I emailed him back and said I would pay him 1800 for just the nes games.  He agreed and said ok and provied me his phone number.  I wanted to talk to him to on the phone to figure out the background story on how he received Stadium Events.  Josh  told me his mom found some games and asked if he wanted them, he told his mom no just sale them in a garage sale with his name on the bag so he could get the money for them.  before the garage sale a friend of his told him he should put on ebay and he could get more money.
so he listed on ebay and all these buyers kept emailing him to buy his game and he had no clue why.  while we were talking on the phone I told him I would just buy his whole game lot for 2,000 and he said awesome.  he could not belive how much money he was getting when he was originaly going to put the games for sale in a garage sale.    

The seller Southtownhero82 then sent me an invoice for 2,000 dollar through paypal and I paid it.   He was suppose to mail me out all the games the next day.  He started telling me he did not have the cash and paypal would not let him transfer the money out of his account right away.  I offered to pay him 50 dollars through moneygram so he could mail out that day, becasue I knew he would get more offers from other ebay sellers who were watching this lot  and he took it down during auction.  He did not accept my moneygram he told me his dad was going to loan him the cash and he would mail out later on that night.  I text him that night and he said he did not have a chance to get ot post office in time, but would mail out the next day.  I said ok.    The next Josh emailed me and said another seller offered him more money and he could not take my offer anymore and refunded me the original 2,000.   He asked me if I could pay 2300 he would sale it to me and would send me another invoice.  I agreed to the 2300 and he sent me a new invoice and I paid it.  Josh mailed the game out on Wednesday March 12, and they arrived to my post office saturday.   I went down their Saturday morning picked up the package and took it over to my best friend Greg's house becasue we wanted to record on video me opening the package.  I was going to put on Gamer Geek Nation you tue channel.  I go through all the 39 games and stadium events was nicely bubblewraped up very well and placed inside the nintendo power pad ( not the family fun fitness pad)  I open the game from bubble wrap and the first thing caught my eye was the label looked very weird and was not on the cart straight.  I then go to open the cart to check the board and it screwed in by flat blade screws not the other bits that you have to order a nes tool for.  ( I thought that was weird)  I open up the cart and see a red wire sticking out the board along with eprom chips with black tape over them and holes in the chips.  I knew 100% for sure it was a fake cart.   I called him on the phone right there on video and he did not answer after that I emailed him through ebay and he emailed back saying " fake how do i know it fake, it says stadium events on the label and when you play the game"  At this point we have talked on the phone, been texing back and fourth and I belived his story about how he came across the game. I really thought he had no clue it was fake.   

I emailed him telling him i was opening up a case through paypal for a full refund because he decling to refund my payment.  The case is currently open as of today 3/16/2014.   

Now here where everythign started making sense to me.   I looked at his return address on the box and it said Joshua Browning..... and his address ( I do not want to provide his address on here becasue that not something I should mention)  I never knew his last name the whole time we spoke, I just knew him as Josh. 
about 5 minutes after reading his first and last name I rember a guy name Joshua Browing  on a facebook group called "Retro Video Game Collectors/Fans" that was trying to sell a NTSC STadium Events on there. This was back February 12 when he tried to sale it on the facebook site.  I messaged him 
through facebook asking him the price and if he had pics of the board.  he replied he did not have a price but send me a pic of nes board on top of stadium events with his name across it.  This showed me Joshua Browning Knew what a legit nes board was.   

So right there I caught Josh Browning in his first major lie.  he emaied me on ebay acting like he had no clue how to tell a game was fake, but a month before that he was selling a supossely NTSC Stadium Events on this facebook site and sent me pics of the legit board to me directly. Neither one of us knew we have message each other on facebook in the past.    

Well guys that the whole story.  I scrwed up by not asking for pics of the board before I paid him, but I was not worried because I made him send me an invoice for the 2300.  I am pretty positive I will get the amount of money back from Paypal after they decide on the case.  I am going to post pics most of this stuff on here to back up my claim.

I am sure some people might have bought from him in the past and had a good transaction, but when it comes to high dollar games don't buy from him or at least check the board.  

here the break out of the pictures I posted as attachements

Picture 1 : This iis me facebooking Josh Browning Back February 12, when I saw him post a ntsc stadium events for sale on the facebook group site (Reto Vide Game Collectors/Fans" his response was he open to offers and would send me a pic of the board
Picture 2 :  This is when Josh browning sent me the picture of the board to his stadium events back February 12.   I then emailed Scott Zeintek because I know he is looking to add a NTSC stadium events to his collection and I had a pic of the board being legit
Picture 3: is a message I email to Josh  on 3/15/14 after I found out that I knew who he was and how I knew he lied about not knowing that the stadium events was fake ( see pic 6 of his ebay message acting like he had no clue it was fake or how to tell it was fake) He did not know we talked a month ago on facebook.
Picture 4;: this is his response to me over my picture 3 message.
Picture 5 : this is a copy of the stadium events I received from Josh Browing obvious fake when you see the game in person and look at the board
Picture 6:  this is his ebay message to me before I knew who he was ( Josh browning acted like he had no clue on how i was able to tell the game was fake, becasue it said stadium events and when he played the game it said stadium events)

If anyone want to message me please feel free to.  I have every single email from Josh we had through ebay along with all the text messages.    This guy sold me a Fake Stadium Events on purpose and deserves to be called out and the retor community needs to be aware of scammers like this.

Yes I know I screwed up by not asking for pictures of the board before I paid his invoice.  I made a rookie mistake.  

Clint.

Update as of 3/17/14

I submitted all my evidence to paypal and so has the seller.   I received an email back from Paypal telling me to return the items to the seller ( Josh Browning) and I will be getting a full refund including shipping.

I am glad to see paypal made the right decision. I hope alot of people read my story and does not make the same mistake I made. 

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 11:53 AM by 10bigballer

Mar 16, 2014 at 11:55:14 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Have you attempted to get the police involved on this with a report due to your evidence?  This is completely mail fraud among other things.

Edited: 03/16/2014 at 11:56 PM by Tanooki

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:03:21 AM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
I have not done anything yet except open my case with paypal. I am currently trying to get back the 2300 dollars I paid him. I am going to look at getting the cops involved since he
sold me the game and knew it was fake. I have all the facebook message, ebay message and text messages as back up I will provide to the police. I am so glad Facebook keeps message for a long time. The message of him sending me the pic of the NTSC Stadium events board is golden. Then on ebay he acts dumb like he does not know how to tell the game is fake and knows nothing about video games.

All this could have been avoided if he would of just refunded my payment.  I hope him trying to rip me off for 2300 was worth it.  

Clint

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 12:10 AM by 10bigballer

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:08:52 AM
PeteDiak (195)
(Pete Diak) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Did you back door the original buyer?

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:11:27 AM
guillavoie (125)
(Der Graue Kasten) < Master Higgins >
Quebec
I think he settled a deal with the seller, which ended the auction early.

-------------------------

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:12:32 AM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Their was no Original Buyer.  I emiled him on ebay originally asking if he wanted to do a buy it now price and he said no he was going to let the auction go as plan unless he received a huge offer.  he ended the auction and I emailed him asking why he ended the auction.  He replied that a guy offered him 1600 off ebay and was going to pay that night through paypal.  I felt like I could make an offer for more then  because he original told me he was going to leave the auction up and running.  I offered him 2,000 for everything at that point.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:21:21 AM
Sp0rtz (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Alberta
To be honest I was interested in this auction as well and I emailed the seller southtownhero82. I asked if he could take me pictures of the board and send them to me. The response I got was "why do people keep asking me this, I just want these games gone". That was enough of a red flag for me. No one selling games or other wise would ever respond like that. If I'm the seller and someone wanted more pictures or more info I will go out of my way to make sure all of the buyers questions are answered.

Sorry this happend to you.

Always looking for "minty" loose nes games.  If you have some PM me!
***I have a USA Shipping Address as well***

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:28:19 AM
Faltain1 (112)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(~Faltain~ ) < King Solomon >
United States
Especially for something as pricey as this... you'd be crazy to not verify the board inside wasn't the real one before paying the $.

To-do manuals: Arabian Knights, Gulliver Boy, Dark Law, Brandish 2, Flying Hero
Finished manuals: Neugier, Wonder Project J, Burning Heroes, Star Ocean, FEDA, Monstania, Chaos Seed

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:29:10 AM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Yah i was dumb for not asking.  I made a rookie mistake for sure.  I talk to him on the phone bought his story about his mom finding the games etc.  I got to tied up in the moment of getting ntsc stadium events for 2300 and got screwed.  

I know paypal will take care of this since he sent me an invoice. 

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:33:04 AM
Sp0rtz (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Alberta
PayPal I'm sure will refund your money. You have enough proof. You could just say "item not as described" and with your proof you'll win. It'll take sometime for him to respond ect. I'm interested in his response so make sure you post back and let me know what he says for his defence

Always looking for "minty" loose nes games.  If you have some PM me!
***I have a USA Shipping Address as well***

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:56:44 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Holy crap this sounded like a scam from the start.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:00:16 AM
KKsBiggestFan (1)

(Tom ) < Crack Trooper >
Oregon
Greed really is unfortunate... isn't it....

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:08:43 AM
metus (54)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
what kks said...

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:01:21 AM
django333 (25)
< Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: KKsBiggestFan

Greed really is unfortunate... isn't it....

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...
This is the truth!
This is my belief! 
...at least for now.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:41:32 AM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
I guess you missed tbe thread where we proved this shit was fake many times over. Greedy peope do the dumbest things. The seller is still a piece of shit but come on, this was an obvious scam from the start.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:49:42 AM
anothercollector (95)
(Jeremy L) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
So Clint (the guy that started this thread made a rookie mistake). He's also made MANY MANY impressive buys. It was bound to happen eventually. He just got caught slippin.

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:50:44 AM
Dochrohan (10)
< Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
I love when young guns call it slander when it would be libel. Learn some vocab.

Back to reading the long OP

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:01:28 AM
Dochrohan (10)
< Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
The dude is a complete turd, tell him I said EAD.

Mar 17, 2014 at 6:53:32 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
When it's too good to be true, it probably is. Hope you get your money back but all SEs should be assumed fake until the board is posted. The hobby has been this way for awhile now.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:08:36 AM
Danfu22 (24)
(Danny ) < Crack Trooper >
Ohio
You said it had 3 flat head screws in it (which is what a NTSC Stadium Events has ) but when he showed the picture on his Ebay auction they were clearly security screws in the pics.I think he just went online looking for different pics to post then added his watermark of his name to them. The guy is a waste to the gaming community and deserves multiple stops by the Karma train.

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:32:42 AM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
Honestly any retail game over $100 I require a pic of the board nowadays. Tis a sad state of affairs but a reality nonetheless.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Mar 17, 2014 at 7:43:59 AM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: jonebone

When it's too good to be true, it probably is. Hope you get your money back but all SEs should be assumed fake until the board is posted. The hobby has been this way for awhile now.

Quoted for truth. You just gota assume its fake.

Mar 17, 2014 at 8:41:54 AM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
guys like him, make this hobby hard =/

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:05:00 AM
Otter (73)
(T Otter) < King Solomon >
Washington
Screw stadium events....I hate this game, cursed.

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:11:38 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: Sp0rtz

To be honest I was interested in this auction as well and I emailed the seller southtownhero82. I asked if he could take me pictures of the board and send them to me. The response I got was "why do people keep asking me this, I just want these games gone". That was enough of a red flag for me. No one selling games or other wise would ever respond like that.
That reply killed it! Can't believe someone said that.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here