Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Dragon Hopper

Dec 1, 2014 at 12:56:24 AM
Hoddy Krishnuh (48)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< El Ripper >
Nevada
What has been the progress so far with DH? Has anyone ever proven they had it?

-------------------------
Govinda jaya jaya, Gopala jaya jaya. Blessed Krishna, save us!

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:08:47 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
I heard it's like SimCity for the NES. Lots of talk, nothing showing.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:30:48 AM
gwyndion (322)
(Cookie Monster) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Hahahahaha nice!!!!

If anyone is LOOKING for certain repro/homebrews, I have a running repro company thread going as well as a lot of extras myself which include Limited Editions as well.  I'm also free to help answer questions and point people in the right direction so never hesitate to ask!  Here is the current list of repro companies.  Please let me know if I need to update it:
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Dec 5, 2014 at 5:15:49 AM
adler_0 (60)
(Jesse Hric) < Meka Chicken >
Oregon
Originally posted by: Jeckidy

What has been the progress so far with DH? Has anyone ever proven they had it?
You can buy it right here:
http://www.uncletusk.com/home/270...

------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for any "display only" N64 boxes.  PM me, $$$.

Edited: 12/05/2014 at 05:16 AM by adler_0

Feb 22, 2016 at 4:10:16 AM
Hoddy Krishnuh (48)
< El Ripper >
Nevada
I was playing Jack Bros. on Mednafen today, and realized something. I believe that many of the mechanics of this game are probably very similar to what Dragon Hopper would play like. Who knows? Maybe they had some of the same members on staff. I believe Dragon Hopper was probably a better game, though.

Mar 3, 2016 at 12:15:03 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
I hate that it's been nearly 20 years now, but I still hold the hope that it will appear one day. Honestly, Zero Racers is really the one that I would jump all over. That Nintendo Power preview all of those years ago comparing the sound to the trench run scene of Star Wars and saying it was truly the game the Virtual Boy was created for....it's just painful that the game has never appeared.

Mar 12, 2016 at 6:47:21 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada

I was playing Jack Bros. on Mednafen today, and realized something. I believe that many of the mechanics of this game are probably very similar to what Dragon Hopper would play like. Who knows? Maybe they had some of the same members on staff. I believe Dragon Hopper was probably a better game, though.

Jack Bros was made by Atlus, Dragon Hopper is credited to Intelligent Systems, I doubt there's a deeper connection there than just them both being 2D overhead action games.

Apr 17, 2018 at 3:35:36 PM
Hoddy Krishnuh (48)
< El Ripper >
Nevada
Did JaxsBox ever find out if he had a copy of Dragon Hopper when he bought that proto lot? I'm really curious.

SimCity for NES showed up, so perhaps this one will, too.
I do know that the programmer of the Paper Mario games (also worked on Super Metroid) was behind this, but his personal websites seem to have disappeared from the web.

Jan 22 at 5:40:44 PM
Hoddy Krishnuh (48)
< El Ripper >
Nevada
Still waiting for that glorious day when Dragon Hopper will be leaked, but an artist by the name of Pendragon, who creates clay sculptures (of dragons, obviously) has done us a favor and produced one for Dorin, the main character, and who doesn't find Dorin quite charming?

I too wanted a Dorin plush or figurine, and that's without even having played the game. Shows you the character's cute appeal, much like Kirby or Yoshi.

Anyways, you can view this and the rest of his work here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/1...

Edited: 01/22/2019 at 05:41 PM by Hoddy Krishnuh

Jan 22 at 5:57:59 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Still waiting for that glorious day when Dragon Hopper will be leaked, but an artist by the name of Pendragon, who creates clay sculptures (of dragons, obviously) has done us a favor and produced one for Dorin, the main character, and who doesn't find Dorin quite charming?

I too wanted a Dorin plush or figurine, and that's without even having played the game. Shows you the character's cute appeal, much like Kirby or Yoshi.

Anyways, you can view this and the rest of his work here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13457314/

And now there's naked furries in my browser history.

Not that there wasn't already.

Jan 24 at 10:18:18 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Keep hope alive!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.