Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"Make Offer" stories on eBay

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:17:06 PM
Steve (12)
(Steve RVG) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Does anyone have any interesting "Make Offer" stories from eBay (either as the seller or buyer?)

i.e. what's the best "discounted deal" you won off a Make Offer?
what's the biggest discount you gave from a MO?

Lastly, if the seller declines your MO, do they have the option of counter-offering you with a $, or do you only get 1 shot at making an offer (and if declined, relegated to BIN only) ?

-------------------------
RVGFANATIC | SNES reviews and remembrances

RELIVE | REPLAY | REMEMBER

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:25:02 PM
cradelit (21)
(crade lit) < Bowser >
Alberta
The seller can send you a counteroffer if they want. If they do not counteroffer, and just decline, I think you are allowed to make 3 offers or something before you are cut off.

GRRR!

Mar 5, 2012 at 6:41:51 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
I forget exactly what it was, but there was something I wanted that was listed at $9.79 or best offer. I offered $8 and they counter-offered $9.75...gotta be the weakest counter-offer I have ever received, yeesh!

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:10:38 PM
Dibin (77)
(Dylan N) < El Ripper >
Alberta
Haha, that's harsh zeldaboy. I think my best "Make Offer" story was when I bought my Turtle Beach X31's along with the bluetooth headset so I could also use them for my PS3. I think they had the X31's marked around $60 and the Bluetooth around $30. I made a combined offer of $40 for the both and got them. Needless to say, I have that seller saved for future purchases

Here are some random chat quotes, you're missing out not being there!

remedy: we counted the rings on his penis..  thats how you tell a canadians age.

krunch: I'm a pig for reality tv dudes

megamanfan: mmf needs love

rhetoric: the internet is the only place adam touches clits

spacejockey: fat chicks are single, and they are gonna stay that way

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:55:21 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
Originally posted by: zeldaboy

I forget exactly what it was, but there was something I wanted that was listed at $9.79 or best offer. I offered $8 and they counter-offered $9.75...gotta be the weakest counter-offer I have ever received, yeesh!

I think the only time I would be that big of a dick is if they offered a buck.

Mar 6, 2012 at 12:47:36 AM
theguy1962 (193)
(Hernan Alonso or "Zo") < Kraid Killer >
California
It was about 2 weeks ago when I put up an iPhone 3GS on the bay. I kept getting somewhat low offers and I would give a generous counter-offer, but would never hear back from these guys. Finally I got a decent offer from someone with an almost 200 feedback so I said what the hell and took it. I took this guy's first offer and he never payed. I sent the guy a message with no response so when the time came I put in a claim. Still nothing. Finally the claim period was up and I got my fees reimbursed. Immediately after I relisted the phone and it sold within a few minutes and got my money. Who does that? Puts in an offer and not pay when it gets accepted? What a douche.

For this reason, I like the BIN option that makes the buyer pay for the item right away. He doesn't get the chance to just sit on it and waste my time.

Mar 6, 2012 at 1:26:22 AM
ocdgamer (116)
(Kody K) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
I don't bother with the offer crap when I'm selling. I know what I want for my merch and I don't like doing the haggle dance unless I can look you in the eye. Everytime I make an offer it seems like they don't respond or they come back with an offer like zeldaboys.

I have lots of SNES & NES reproductions for sale! >> Nintendoage Thread >> My new website!!

Mar 6, 2012 at 9:27:11 AM
War Pig (185)
(Hellooooooooooooooo Midwest. Oh how I've missed u) < Kraid Killer >
Michigan
If I get an offer that is ridiculously low (yes I know you can set an automatic decline), I won't even bother countering. Otherwise if the offer is good enough, I'll accept or if it's close, I'll send a counter-offer with the assumption that the buyer will counter my counter-offer.

And here's my Make an Offer story:

A couple months ago there was an item on Ebay I really wanted. The first offer I sent was 67% of the asking price. It was automatically declined. So I gave it a day and I came back with an offer at 78% of the asking. I was countered with a $2 discount or a savings of about 6%. I declined that and said the hell with them, and decided I would look elsewhere. For a month I looked for this game, across multiple avenues, and had no luck at all. I decided to go back to the seller with their original counter offer to me of a $2 discount, and they countered with a $1 discount! At this point I was defeated, so I took it. Fuckers.......

Then within a couple weeks the game showed up twice! So I bought both of those, because they show up so infrequently. Since then, no others have surfaced.

-Eric

Edited: 03/06/2012 at 09:28 AM by War Pig