Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Erma: Super Dooper Mini Tool

Oct 25, 2009 at 5:35:08 PM
icemanxp300 (1)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Greg S) < Crack Trooper >
New York
So browsing through it does not make you money? So basicaly we should just navigate normally (if it's easier). However if we buy just make sure to go through NA. Just another question everyone is saying just BIN's does it also work on auctions?

Oct 25, 2009 at 6:20:55 PM
Benihana (154)
(Don't Stop Believin!) < Master Higgins >
Washington
Originally posted by: bunnyboy

No, you have to buy stuff. The money comes from the eBay fees on the things you buy. So not only does it cost you absolutely nothing (above the normal item price) it doesn't cost the seller anything and takes money away from the evil eBay/PayPal monster

Bummer, I would love to help, but I WILL NOT BUY ON EBAY! More importantly I won't use paypal. Sorry I can't help out here, but I will keep it in mind.

-------------------------
My Biggest Fear is...She Sells my Games for the Amount I told her I paid for them.

Vintage.Nintendoage.com for LIFE!

Oct 25, 2009 at 6:58:57 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: icemanxp300

So browsing through it does not make you money? So basicaly we should just navigate normally (if it's easier). However if we buy just make sure to go through NA. Just another question everyone is saying just BIN's does it also work on auctions?

No, browsing doesn't do anything, you have to buy something. But the important part is "jumping" from NA -- anything you buy after jumping we get credit for. It works on anything, BINs, auctions, offers, store listings, whatever.

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:12:41 PM
jimpoleshuk (279)
(Jim Poleshuk) < King Solomon >
Nebraska
I just bid on something through this thing.

Enter the item number and away you go. Pretty slick

www.videogameboxprotectors.com

Oct 25, 2009 at 8:41:26 PM
flyingducky (44)
(P ) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
great idea, i'll use this whenever I get a chance.

Oct 26, 2009 at 9:50:43 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
I've tried to use this a couple times to bid/BIN today, and it won't let me. I can browse, but it tells me to sign in to my ebay account to do stuff. Whether or not I'm already logged into ebay for the day, I can't get past this window (I'll enter my proper credentials, and it keeps popping the same window up).

I'm using IE7 if that helps.

Oct 27, 2009 at 7:15:53 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

I'm using IE7 if that helps.

Seems this only happens in IE, and unfortunately the code that's causing this is on eBay's side.  They use a "frame buster", but the script is flawed so it's not working. I'll try to figure out an alternative to this.

Oct 27, 2009 at 11:29:11 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio
What alternate browsers work? I'd be more than happy to install Firefox if it works (I could just set up the default home page as Erma, then I'd be set when I want to use BIN on something).....

Oct 27, 2009 at 12:23:53 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Firefox is way quicker and better with memory IMO, but yes I can confirm it works AOK on the 'fox.

Oct 27, 2009 at 1:14:19 PM
Airlock (19)
(- Gordon -) < El Ripper >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Dain

It's not entirely clear what the percentage is especially because they've recently change how it works. They use some kind of algorithm to gauge the "quality" of the referral (they call it Quality Click Pricing) and base in on that. So I'm not 100% sure what it will end up being, but I think it's around 3-5%.

I think I've generally seen improved numbers since they changed the program to "quality click"... this may be due to the inclusion of paypal in the scheme, but it's a bummer in that I can no longer tell which campaign people are linking from or what they are buying. The "transaction report" feature doesn't report anything anymore... so you have to take their word on what they care to pay you, basically. Their stance seems to be that it's all too complicated and they don't see any reason to quantify it for affilates anymore. It's kind of amazing how much ebay can get away with keeping a secret as far as the new scheme goes, and what the terms actually are.

I also tried to find out how long the cookie lasts after someone links to ebay, because I've always wondered about that. Technically there is a certain time frame after linking to ebay where people can browse around and make a purchase with the referring site still making a commission... but I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:52:46 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Still using this every day! For daily searches that I know hit all the time, I just start at at http://www.nintendoage.com/erma... then hit the NES button, and run the saved searches from my ebay. Nice to know ebay gets their fees chopped for stuff I would buy anyways

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:08:40 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Good bump, Brian. I have my normal links rigged to run through erma so any BIN I make (not so many lately though) gives some $ back to NA.