Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Sealed Game Contents Open a sealed game recently? Going to? Post the contents here!

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:17:36 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Bronty

wow, brave soul. I don't think I could bring myself to open one of those.

Hey wiz, I recently opened ren & stimpy time warp for snes. Will you track snes contents too?

I might in the future, but right now one project is enough.

Ah what the hell, why not

-------------------------

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:18:34 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Originally posted by: michael242

Thanks Bronty hey Wiz lucky for you I found another BOB sealed and I like you so here you go

Again, I need item numbers.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:32:50 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Okay, I don't want to have to ask for shit repeatedly...gets annoying. Before you post, refer to the guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/916386/49943

If what your posting has all the info I seek, post. If not, get the info, THEN post.

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:13:50 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I hear ya, it must get old - but try not to be too hard on us... the collectors here opening stuff for you do need a pat on the back, I think a lot of them are just opening stuff for your list and devaluing their own games somewhat in the process

PS - re our earlier emails, I never did get the second payment, did it make it back to your acct OK?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:31:22 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
I honestly haven't checked yet. I get paid on Friday anyway, I'll just lump sum you $500.

Oct 31, 2007 at 9:06:17 AM
michael242 (43)
(King Neptune) < Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Okay, I don't want to have to ask for shit repeatedly...gets annoying. Before you post, refer to the guide:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/file/916386/49943

If what your posting has all the info I seek, post. If not, get the info, THEN post.

Opps sorry! I didnt understand it but oh well I wont waste your time anymore!!!!!!!Or Annoy or anything else.

I played Milk and Nuts today...... Boy does that suck!

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:11:59 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Item number...you know, the little codes on the top flap of the box, or the top corner of the manual...and on the cart label. Those letters in brackets are what you're looking for. Some of the stuff I can see in the picture, some I can't. One day I'll put up a few pics, when I'm not about to leave for work. Didn't mean for you to get angry, I'm just sick of sending PMs and asking for the same info for every third item I want to add to the list. I can't add something that doesn't give me the right information. Sorry if that came off the wrong way.

Oct 31, 2007 at 1:53:13 PM
mario's left nut (163)
(Poster Nutbag) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
Here you go Wiz:

Racket Attack

-cart NES-RE-USA
-box NES-RE-USA
-manual NES-RE-USA
Racket Attack Insert NES-RE-USA
Nintendo Power Mailer PMG-US
plain black sleeve

Nintendo World Cup

-cart NES-XZ-USA
-box NES-XZ-USA
-manual NES-XZ-USA
"4 Four Player Game" Poster 4PL-NES-US-1
"Plug into the Power" Nintendo Power insert PMG-USA
"Nintendo" sleeve

Have fun with that!!

Be well -

MLN

Do tigers sleep in lily patches, do rhinos run from thunder?

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:58:05 PM
Nistle (94)
(Dustin Lett) < Ridley Wrangler >
North Carolina
Just opened these up:

Sky Shark
Box: NES-2S-USA
Manual: NES-2S-USA
Cart: NES-2S-USA
NP Insert: PMG-MW-USA
Taito Times Subscription Card: TAI-NES-US
Taito Poster: TAI-NES-US
Plain Black Dust Sleeve
Styrofoam block and Plastic Baggie

Bad News Baseball
Box: NES-3B-USA
Manual: NES-3B-USA
Cart: NES-3B-USA
NP Insert: PMG-AA-USA
"Tecmo Special Bonus Offer": TEC-NES-US (you are suppose to collect 5 tecmo I.D.'s and stick them on here. It also includes a stick on form to wirte your address on)
Tecmo Poster: TEC-NES-US-2
Plain Black Dust Sleeve

8 Eyes
Box: NES-8E-USA
Manual: NES-8E-USA
Cart: NES-8E-USA
NP Insert: PMG-MW-USA
Taxan Warranty Registration: TAX-NES-US
Taxan 8 Eyes Poster: TAx-8E-US
Plain Black Dust Sleeve

NES Collection: 83.73% Completed

Carts: 709/766
Manuals: 616/765
Boxes: 594/761

Dec 2, 2007 at 11:30:52 PM
MarioShroomed (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Daniel Powers) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Hey wizzy (wizard) you remember me from gfaqs?  Guess i dont need an introduction.  I find it hard to imagine that somebody would unseal an nes game.  You do know that they go for hundreds even thousands on ebay?  Why would you do that?  I would die to have just one copy of a sealed games that's worth over $500.  Also opening a nes game like that will give me a heartattack.  I did it once with a copy of pac man.  The one that's an a on mike etler's list.  I had a split second heartattack and then i was regretting myself to hell.

Dec 3, 2007 at 11:05:46 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
^ First of all you're on a hardcore NES collecting forum and those of us who open up sealed games know *exactly* what we're doing. Secondly, not everyone is in it for the money

You do what you want with your games, I'll do what I want with mine

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Dec 4, 2007 at 1:51:20 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Yeppers... I opened around 70 this year, and another 100 or so to come!

Dec 4, 2007 at 2:16:59 AM
mb7241 (183)
(Matt B.) < Bowser >
Tennessee
I have a sealed Bases Loaded 4... If I opened it, I dunno if it'd get the list any further, but it would make a very nice CIB for my collection...however, I'd have to remove it from my trade lists, and therefore, I'd be losing out on trading for something I'd want more, like a CIB Bases Loaded 4 plus some $$ or other less-rare CIBs...

Answering any and all questions related to video game collecting.  Guaranteed true and honest answers from a man with nearly 20 years in the community.  Prices for these answers vary depending on the question.  For all inquiries, please PM me.

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:12:04 PM
MarioShroomed (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Daniel Powers) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Originally posted by: Dain

do you have any idea of how many factory sealed games are left out there?

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:19:31 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: MarioShroomed

Originally posted by: Dain

do you have any idea of how many factory sealed games are left out there?

its a very small percentage of what's out there loose but its still a pretty big #. I would say hundreds of thousands. If I just think about a few collections I know and a few memorable ebay sellers its well over 10,000 and that's scratching the surface, so hundreds of thousands overall I'd say. Of course, its not like there's a hundred or a thousand sealed copies of each game - there's shitloads of some and very few of others.

Loose would be a hundred million or more, mind you, not hundreds of thousands. With say 800 games in the library you would only need average sales of 125,000 copies per title to get to 100 million. Another way to look at it is they sold what, 35m NES back in the day? Call it 40m with canada. You only need 2.5 games per system (a slam dunk) to reach 100 million. Probably 200 or 300 million is more likely in terms of loose carts.

And I'm just talking ntsc. If you threw in pal the numbers would only get larger.

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Edited: 12/05/2007 at 01:26 PM by Bronty

Dec 7, 2007 at 5:08:43 PM
dougman999 (77)
(Doug LeStarge) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Regarding the Dragon Warrior -1, it doesn't include that mini-guide book?

Dec 8, 2007 at 5:18:11 PM
jaredkk (57)
(Jared Klinger) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
I think some games, like SMB3, and many otheres, sold in the 10 million copies range!

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:13:40 PM
Widar (22)
(Mattias Widar) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
First European game on the list?

Duck Tales;
- box NES-UK GPS
- manual NES-UK-GPS
- cart NES-UK-GPS
- black dust sleeve without logo.

I will have scans for the database soon as well.

Need help getting that awesome Euro stuff from Tradera.com? Just ask!

Edited: 12/10/2007 at 06:15 PM by Widar

Dec 10, 2007 at 6:18:19 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: jaredkk

I think some games, like SMB3, and many otheres, sold in the 10 million copies range!

Exactly. But for every smb3 there's several games like wacky races or pro sport hockey. Still, loose it would definitely be hundreds of millions. I don't think it would get into the billion range because then you're talking 20 games purchased by the average system owner; that's too high I would think.

Edited: 12/10/2007 at 06:19 PM by Bronty

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:06:49 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Nistle - Thanks for the new entries!

Marioshroomed - Yeah, I remember you. As for the values, I spent $130 on a copy of Panic Restaurant, opened it, and put it up on YouTube. Turned it into a $50 game So yeah, I know what I'm doing

Dougman - That's everything that came in the game. The mini guide book didn't come with that particular version, although it may have come with another version. There were several releases of Dragon Warrior, and it's one of the more common games to find. It was actually a discussion about what came with it that made me really want to make the list in the first place.

Widar - Are you 100% sure that the game was authentically sealed? It's not 100%, but if you open a sealed game and the manual is inside the plastic bag, it's definitely a reseal. Also check for cart wear. The reason I ask is the lack of other inserts. I know Bandai releases didn't have anything more than a Nintendo Power card, if even that, but most other companies had random cards and stuff inside the games.

Dec 11, 2007 at 4:43:11 AM
Widar (22)
(Mattias Widar) < Meka Chicken >
Sweden
Wiz; I am 100% it is not a reseal. The guy from where i bought the game has a box of them...

GPS code was the last release in europe, the released full english only, all over europe. Also a rare few of the European releases (to my knowledge) that came with a plastic seal at all - the earlier just had a round black sticker the opening of the box. I'm sure someone can fill me in here.

Cheers!

Need help getting that awesome Euro stuff from Tradera.com? Just ask!

Edited: 12/11/2007 at 04:43 AM by Widar

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:09:55 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Okay man, cool. I'll add that

BTW, did you buy the whole box? If so, I might be interested in one if it's nice and cheap

Dec 12, 2007 at 9:17:00 AM
Mezmoron (150)
(Ken Wozetek) < Meka Chicken >
Pennsylvania
I just can't push myself to open my sealed Sunday Funday. Maybe one of these days!

Ken

Dec 18, 2007 at 5:33:49 PM
albailey (55)
(Al Bailey) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Mezmoron

I just can't push myself to open my sealed Sunday Funday. Maybe one of these days! Ken

Dont worry about it Ken.  I've got a sealed copy and I plan on opening it if its still needed for the list.

Al

My Gameboy collection  97% complete.          My N64 collection   88% complete

My Gamecube collection  99% complete        My NES collection   97% complete

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:56:31 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
Alberta
Everything is always needed! So long as even one item is different, I need it listed