Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Official NA Youtube channel thread Want to show off your channel or someone else's?

Aug 18 at 3:39:15 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
...damn...

-------------------------
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.

Aug 18 at 4:40:22 PM
the tall guy (130)
(Randy the Astonishing) < Bowser >
Tennessee
We had to deliberate, it was hard over the weekend to get all opinions, and the decision was made to leave the video up here.

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Aug 18 at 5:30:32 PM
Johnny (155)
(Johnny Iucci) < El Ripper >
California
Originally posted by: the tall guy

We had to deliberate, it was hard over the weekend to get all opinions, and the decision was made to leave the video up here.
Great to hear, but I think the bigger concern is that it was ripped down to begin with, without reason and with terrible optics.  I’d also love to hear any of the opinions that supported the take down.

Last thing. Can you tell us what was with the jackass comment about keeping YT videos on YT? 

~Listen to the Collector's Quest Podcast~
   https://itunes.apple.com/us/podca...
   https://soundcloud.com/collectors... 

Aug 18 at 6:10:41 PM
Mr. CIB (67)
< El Ripper >
Florida
Sad day on NA with B.A resignation..... real cool dude and worked hard on this site.

When corporate America takes over these are the results..... I'm not surprised.

Aug 18 at 6:59:44 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
Yikes.

Aug 18 at 7:10:38 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Tyler, that video is excellent and very well thought out/presented.

I hope you keep on cranking out material like that.

And for anyone saying "fuck the mods", I dare you to try to fuck me. Double dare ya.  

Aug 18 at 7:19:09 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: Br81zad

And for anyone saying "fuck the mods", I dare you to try to fuck me. Double dare ya.  

Careful, I know where you live.

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 07:19 PM by Gloves

Aug 18 at 7:19:28 PM
Richardhead (13)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

I say that in jest. However..... I’d probably fuck ya!

Aug 18 at 7:31:30 PM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

(wets lips and fills tank for that short drive to Kentucky)

Aug 18 at 7:33:08 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
I'll make the Facebook event so we can all Naruto run at Br81zad's place.

Aug 18 at 7:46:07 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
I'm taking all comers, I'll leave the back door open  

Aug 18 at 9:11:21 PM
drewbrim (51)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Get opinions and deliberate on what? This wasn't some video blindly attacking the services involved. These were well thought out (and presented) issues and honestly an opportunity for these companies to improve if they were smart.

The decision to have it taken down is seriously shameful.

Aug 18 at 9:15:00 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
The more I read this thread, the more angry and sad I get aboot how NA is trying to alienate itself from the people who helped make this site what it is. Or was.

Aug 18 at 9:23:04 PM
the tall guy (130)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: drewbrim

Get opinions and deliberate on what? This wasn't some video blindly attacking the services involved. These were well thought out (and presented) issues and honestly an opportunity for these companies to improve if they were smart. The decision to have it taken down is seriously shameful.

On whether or not that was the right call to pull it down?  Shocker, we decided as a group that it wasn't the right call, and it's here on NA.  If you want to shame the entire mod squad, man, you do you, we try our best to make this be a pretty great place, and be a place where you guys can discuss/critique/examine whatever facets of video game playing/collecting you want to. 

Crazy look behind the curtain here, but we don't all always agree on everything, which is why we discuss and deliberate things. 

"Meeting internet dudes is what being a dude on the internet is all about!"  ~OSG 

Aug 18 at 9:27:42 PM
Hogie1418 (61)
(Rick ) < El Ripper >
California

Get opinions and deliberate on what? This wasn't some video blindly attacking the services involved. These were well thought out (and presented) issues and honestly an opportunity for these companies to improve if they were smart. The decision to have it taken down is seriously shameful.

If I had to guess, it had to do with the #secretshadowvideogameilluminati... Lock up your sticker seals! They will find you!!!

Edited: 08/18/2019 at 09:32 PM by Hogie1418

Aug 18 at 9:40:38 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado

On whether or not that was the right call to pull it down?  Shocker, we decided as a group that it wasn't the right call, and it's here on NA.  If you want to shame the entire mod squad, man, you do you, we try our best to make this be a pretty great place, and be a place where you guys can discuss/critique/examine whatever facets of video game playing/collecting you want to. 

Crazy look behind the curtain here, but we don't all always agree on everything, which is why we discuss and deliberate things. 

Alienating your members, mods and now admins! 
Well done NA. Way to look like dickbags more than ever. 

Aug 18 at 10:06:51 PM
drewbrim (51)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio

Right.......but I guess I just don't understand what needed to be discussed. I'm surprised there were enough people on the side of "leaving it off" and can't think of what non agenda reasons they would have for doing so. Hence the bad look people keep referring to.

So that was what I was really trying to ask. Why was it originally taken down? Or what was the thought process for doing so. I don't mean to take out my frustration on you, I don't know who to properly shame lol.

Aug 18 at 10:39:41 PM
the tall guy (130)
Tennessee

Right.......but I guess I just don't understand what needed to be discussed. I'm surprised there were enough people on the side of "leaving it off" and can't think of what non agenda reasons they would have for doing so. Hence the bad look people keep referring to. So that was what I was really trying to ask. Why was it originally taken down? Or what was the thought process for doing so. I don't mean to take out my frustration on you, I don't know who to properly shame lol.

Fair enough, and hey, thanks for not calling me a dickbag. 

It's definitely not a look we want here (censoring reasonable criticism/discussion), sucks that it happened.  Someone got it wrong, we tried to fix it, sorry it took longer than it should to do it.

Feel free to return to your regularly scheduled youtubing.

Aug 21 at 2:02:58 PM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: CluelessBrownnoserMod

iEt'S kEeP tHe YoUtUbE vIdEoS oN yOuTuBe

Yeah great job bud, you're doing the Lord's work. And you guys wonder why all the good members here are disappearing in droves and everyone from the site staff that anyone trusts here are abandoning their posts, being replaced with you fuckin' shills. Again I say GREAT JOB 

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Aug 21 at 3:41:04 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: Quaze

Originally posted by: CluelessBrownnoserMod

iEt'S kEeP tHe YoUtUbE vIdEoS oN yOuTuBe

Yeah great job bud, you're doing the Lord's work. And you guys wonder why all the good members here are disappearing in droves and everyone from the site staff that anyone trusts here are abandoning their posts, being replaced with you fuckin' shills. Again I say GREAT JOB 

You're a day late and a dollar short, mang. This has already been sorted.

A single mod pulled it due to a misunderstanding of directive. It was addressed (in private) and agreed that the majority of us weren't comfortable with that type of censorship. On the bright side, because of the incident, the mod squad as a whole has a clearer picture of what is expected. And censorship is NOT one of those expectations.

Aug 21 at 3:59:58 PM
Richardhead (13)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Colorado
Just came here to make sure everything was still up. Looks good.
Carry on.

Aug 21 at 4:28:29 PM
winterion (16)
(Daniel Greenberg) < Meka Chicken >
Maryland
If you're not following us, great time to jump on board! https://www.youtube.com/winterion...
Recently played games include Battle City and Balloon Fight, a long playthrough of FF4(2-SNES), the first Legend of Kyrandia, and reviews of NBA Jam TE and Zhadnost: The People's Party.

Daniel Greenberg, Founder of Winterion Game Studios Daniel Greenberg, George Mason University Game Design
Founder of Winterion Game Studios
Visit us online! winterion.com
Watch us on YouTube

Aug 21 at 5:03:29 PM
zi (73)
(Tom Rag) < King Solomon >
New York
Originally posted by: Richardhead

Carry on.

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!

I AM ZI, CHIPTUNE ARTIST FOR THE NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, COMPOSER OF BOTH BLEEPS AND BOPS, VIRTUOSO OF INSTRUMENT FABRICATION, MERCENARY OF THE RETRO MUSICAL SOUNDSCAPE! THE SEGA DEVELOPMENT GUYS KNOW ME AS KNUCKLES SPRINGSTEIN, THE LONG ISLANG GEEK SQUAD KNOW ME AS ABE ECKSTEIN'S BOY, AND I AM KNOWN IN CANADA AS THAT KEENER WHO ALWAYS GETS THE NUMBER TWO BREAKFAST COMBO AT TIMMIES... and there are other secret names you do not know of yet.

Aug 21 at 5:27:07 PM
JamesRobot (22)
(JamsGobot ) < King Solomon >
Colorado
Originally posted by: zi

Originally posted by: Richardhead

Carry on.

YOU'RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR!

Everybody back to work!

Aug 21 at 6:04:02 PM
MuNKeY (151)
< Master Higgins >
Tennessee
Post count +1

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.