Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Homebrew New SNES Game - Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death CollectorVision Games is releasing a new Super Nintendo Game.

May 15, 2018 at 4:20:14 PM
Svambo (2)

(Sv. Bo.) < Little Mac >
Germany
Originally posted by: drludos
And as I said, I'm currently working on a SNES homebrew too. I'll post a release thread here when the game is complete  
(software-wise it's complete, we are now working on the "hardware" part (PCB, manual, box, etc.).

I'm curious   Are you going to do a PAL version too? Or a multinorm maybe?

May 15, 2018 at 10:33:06 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
(Alita Jean) < Master Higgins >
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Svambo

And as I said, I'm currently working on a SNES homebrew too. I'll post a release thread here when the game is complete  
(software-wise it's complete, we are now working on the "hardware" part (PCB, manual, box, etc.).

Do the homebrews not work on PAL systems by default? I'm pretty sure noone is inserting region lock code into their games and the chip is multiregion compatible.

You may have to transplant the PCB to get around the physical shape of the North American rectangular shells, so a Super Famicom style shell would definitely help in physically fitting it into the PAL SNES.

-------------------------
~From the Nintendo/Atari addict formerly known as StarDust4Ever...

Edited: 05/15/2018 at 10:34 PM by Kosmic StarDust

May 16, 2018 at 3:40:55 AM
erac (0)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Alabama
It's usually just the 50 vs 60 Hz slowdown. There are multisystem shells like the one Krikzz uses, but they're not as popular with the US audience as the US style shells, so releases tend to use the US style.

May 17, 2018 at 6:54:36 PM
drludos (0)

< Tourian Tourist >

The game will run in both PAL and NTSC version (I'm in a PAL zone, but I do have a standard PAL SNES + a 60hz switched SNES to do my tests, and the cartridge manufacturer Catskull is from the USA so he tests the game on an actual US SNES, a SFC and a SuperNT).

Regarding packaging, we are going with the "universal / multinorm" route : we'll use a cartridge shell looking like the PAL but working on both the US and PAL/SFC consoles (it'll be the same shells as the SD2SNES). For the box art and manual, I've been inspired by the PAL zone too (colored background is the new black  ).

Download ROMs of my games: https://drludos.itch.io/
Support my work and get access to betas and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos

May 19, 2018 at 3:40:35 PM
Svambo (2)

(Sv. Bo.) < Little Mac >
Germany

The game will run in both PAL and NTSC version (I'm in a PAL zone, but I do have a standard PAL SNES + a 60hz switched SNES to do my tests, and the cartridge manufacturer Catskull is from the USA so he tests the game on an actual US SNES, a SFC and a SuperNT).

Regarding packaging, we are going with the "universal / multinorm" route : we'll use a cartridge shell looking like the PAL but working on both the US and PAL/SFC consoles (it'll be the same shells as the SD2SNES). For the box art and manual, I've been inspired by the PAL zone too (colored background is the new black  ).

Wow, i really like what i'm reading here. What genre is the game? Jump'n'Run? Puzzle?

May 19, 2018 at 10:12:36 PM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

Wow, i really like what i'm reading here. What genre is the game? Jump'n'Run? Puzzle?

Metroidvania style run-and-jump. Collect treasure and escape before lava fills the cavern. Use boomerang to kill enemies.

May 20, 2018 at 1:16:57 AM
Svambo (2)

(Sv. Bo.) < Little Mac >
Germany
I meant the game drludos is working on - sorry for being OT

May 20, 2018 at 1:31:45 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana

I meant the game drludos is working on - sorry for being OT
Oops sorry.  

May 24, 2018 at 7:55:40 PM
drludos (0)

< Tourian Tourist >

Well, I don't want to talk too much to keep a little "suprise effect" when I announce the project, but it'll be an arcade game (top down shooter) for 1 or 2 players (in co-op). Don't except a ground-breaking game or a "hardware limits pusher" title, as it's my first SNES game and I'm nowhere as skilled as Alekmaul (developer of Sydner Hunter) or Shiru (Christmas Craze, Hind Strike). But I'll try my best to offer you a fun experience whether you're playing solo or with a frend (so, "gameplay first!"  ).

Thanks for your interest in my game, I hope you'll enjoy it when it's going to be released (this summer if everything goes well)

Support my work and get access to betas and prototypes: https://www.patreon.com/drludos

May 26, 2018 at 11:19:29 AM
Svambo (2)

(Sv. Bo.) < Little Mac >
Germany
This sounds great! I like shooters, i like homebrewers, i'm definately in ... so ...

Edited: 05/26/2018 at 11:22 AM by Svambo

May 29, 2018 at 8:05:31 PM
drludos (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Thanks a lot for your enthusiasm  !
I hope to be able to release it soon, and that you'll enjoy it!

Apr 30 at 9:00:37 PM
WaverBoy (1)

(Jeff Nelson) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: Gamester81

Hi Guys, I wanted to let you know that we at CollectorVision Games are releasing a new Super Nintendo game called Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death.  You can check out more information on our Kickstarter page, thanks. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/439982171/new-snes-game...
Will the long-delayed NES version happen this year?  If so, will there be a ROM download available for purchase?  Also, do you plan on making a ROM available for the SNES version? 

Edited: 04/30/2019 at 09:09 PM by WaverBoy

May 01 at 1:57:37 AM
Final Theory (2)

(Final Theory) < Crack Trooper >
United States
And I'm still waiting for Justice Beaver to come out.

May 01 at 9:03:19 AM
Kosmic StarDust (44)
Louisiana
Originally posted by: Final Theory

And I'm still waiting for Justice Beaver to come out.

sNES Justice Beaver says "coming soon" on the website. I like the 8-bit vibe combined with 16 bit graphics /music in the Collectorvision snes releases.

May 30 at 8:30:25 PM
Starfoxes (0)
(Yannick ) < Tourian Tourist >
Trinidad and Tobago
I still can't believe when was the last time I saw a new SNES game on the market. Nice work.

Shoot for the stars.