Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Am I crazy or are these prices off the charts??

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:04:24 AM
Contra__Man (130)
(Gavin Palmer) < El Ripper >
Colorado

-------------------------
Currently Playing (5): 
Air Fortress; Dragon Warrior III; Stinger; Kickle Cubicle; Dr. Mario

Completed Games (22):  
Adventures of Lolo; Adventures of Lolo 2; Bomberman; Bram Stoker's Dracula; Bubble Bobble; Castlevania; Chip & Dale RR
; Contra; Double Dragon; Faxanadu; Final Fantasy; Gradius; Mega Man; Mega Man 2; Mendel Palace; Ms. Pac-Man; Rampage; Rolling Thunder; Spy vs. Spy; Super Mario Bros; Super Mario Bros 2; Super Mario Bros 3

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:15:39 AM
Dennis (70)
(Dennis ) < Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Maybe new collectors who will pay anything ?

Nov 25, 2010 at 7:21:26 AM
SamSpade (61)
(Joey Pimkowski) < Bowser >
California
I'm looking at some of the recommended related auctions and all I can say is that dude is way overpriced for the norm.

Nov 25, 2010 at 8:55:51 AM
Firamir23 (32)
(Firamir Zulkifli) < Eggplant Wizard >
Malaysia
i think part of the reason being that he is a trusted seller. I'm very please with all my purchases with him.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:00:57 AM
SamSpade (61)
California
Originally posted by: Firamir23

i think part of the reason being that he is a trusted seller. I'm very please with all my purchases with him.

I can kinda see your point, but at the same time, you can get these much less by taking a gamble and usually, there really isn't much of a problem.  I'd rather pay 50 bucks and take a chance than shell out a good 160 bucks on a guarantee, that's a wide margin. Besides, part of being a trusted seller is offering your customers a good fair price and that's not really the case here.

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:02:31 AM
Contra__Man (130)
Colorado

That's a good point. I have bought from him before as well and he's definitely reliable and seems like a solid guy.

That said, you're also very pleased with all your purchases from me, and I'm a trusted seller......so do I just need to double all my asking prices??

Currently Playing (5): 

Completed Games (22):  
Adventures of Lolo; Adventures of Lolo 2; Bomberman; Bram Stoker's Dracula; Bubble Bobble; Castlevania; Chip & Dale RR
; Contra; Double Dragon; Faxanadu; Final Fantasy; Gradius; Mega Man; Mega Man 2; Mendel Palace; Ms. Pac-Man; Rampage; Rolling Thunder; Spy vs. Spy; Super Mario Bros; Super Mario Bros 2; Super Mario Bros 3

Nov 25, 2010 at 9:21:25 AM
ThatNintendoGuy (47)
(Jason B) < El Ripper >
Michigan
It's the holiday season don't forget so someone probably got this for that special NES collector.

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:36:27 AM
Firamir23 (32)
(Firamir Zulkifli) < Eggplant Wizard >
Malaysia
Originally posted by: Contra__Man

That's a good point. I have bought from him before as well and he's definitely reliable and seems like a solid guy.

That said, you're also very pleased with all your purchases from me, and I'm a trusted seller......so do I just need to double all my asking prices??

Hehe..please don't double the price, your games are too sexy to resist and you might make me broke AGAIN. To be honest, i never buy any high end stuff with sosafan. But what joey said is quite true, some of the popular games are way above the normal price. 

Nov 25, 2010 at 11:43:45 AM
Contra__Man (130)
Colorado

Hehe..please don't double the price, your games are too sexy to resist and you might make me broke AGAIN. To be honest, i never buy any high end stuff with sosafan. But what joey said is quite true, some of the popular games are way above the normal price. 

Ahh okay, I guess I won't since you asked nicely. 

I actually sold you that Metal Storm for $15 below what I had it in my notes to sell it for - because it had the poster with it and because of how much the last copy I saw went for.

Guess it pays to be a 3X repeat customer, eh?

Currently Playing (5): 

Completed Games (22):  

Nov 25, 2010 at 1:08:24 PM
8bitdreams (166)
(Antonio N.) < Lolo Lord >
Pennsylvania
Newbs love sellers with uber high feedback, more than life itself sometimes.

My for sale thread:  http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
My eBay store:  http://stores.ebay.com/inyour8bit...;

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:22:54 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Tis the Season to gouge like a mofo.

My Shantae and my N64-USB Adaptoid are going up there. I know I could pull around $150 on the game, and the range is nuts on the part going from like $150-250 on it. Tired of sitting on them and Shantae has been getting low ball offers only so far.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:35:59 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Proof, that Christmas is JUST around the corner :-p

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:29:04 PM
aaronshea80 (111)
(Aaron Shea) < Ridley Wrangler >
Ontario
Its all about his huge feedback,people are willing to pay more money for an item from a seller that has a huge feedback score on ebay then someone who has a small one.

"And men, remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green 

Nov 25, 2010 at 4:58:43 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
When you have 1,000s of items, you don't want to price them low or even "fair", because then they'll sell too fast and you'll be out of inventory. He intentionally prices a bit high so items sit and he can maintain his inventory.

Also, MM2 and MM3 have definitely spiked a lot over the past year. When I was first collecting, I assumed MM2 was about $20-$25 as a CIB, MM3 about $15-$20. Maybe $10 more for a Minty copy.

Nowadays, I wouldn't sell a Minty MM2 for anything under $50-$60, or a Minty MM3 under $40. Those games have practically doubled in CIB value... probably because those are the favorites in the series.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Nov 25, 2010 at 6:55:14 PM
Contra__Man (130)
Colorado
Wow, didn't know that about the MM2 and MM3, good to know. Thanks Jonas.

Currently Playing (5): 

Completed Games (22):  

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:33:25 PM
Number1StarSB (5)
(Dat Guy) < Cherub >
Ontario
Sellers like him gouge new collectors and people buying for others that lack the knowledge most veteran collectors have. His prices are criminal even with the fees he has to pay to Ebay and Paypal.

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:35:28 PM
Ryder4864 (196)

(Michael D) < Kraid Killer >
Pennsylvania
If those are the going prices for games then I'M RICH!!

Everything is better CIB.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:46:52 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
Yeah if those rates are real, we're all ready to get made big time. By his logic my 135~ NES game pile of nearly all loose and 1/4 with manuals probably has a value into the thousands easy and I don't even have a rarity better than Bonk's Adventure to my name.

Nov 28, 2010 at 10:50:02 PM
SamSpade (61)
California
Originally posted by: Tanooki

Yeah if those rates are real, we're all ready to get made big time. By his logic my 135~ NES game pile of nearly all loose and 1/4 with manuals probably has a value into the thousands easy and I don't even have a rarity better than Bonk's Adventure to my name.

I wonder what my Panic Resturaunt would go for?  I'm rich biyach! I gonna go golfing with my NEW friends. Haha.

Nov 28, 2010 at 11:25:19 PM
Tanooki (185)
Kentucky
With this guys idea of prices, you probably could buy one of the smallest independent countries in the world.

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:11:10 AM
removed-07-06-2016 (214)

< Bowser >
Other
Man, you guys really need to tone down the language choices on here. "Gouging", "criminal" and your general lack of respect for someone who's a member on here and a long-time reseller is way out of line. A lot of people have gotten parts of their collection through him, and he's always been more than fair.

Edit to add:  And you are an idiot if you think these prices are not market-value for the Christmas season.  It's this way every year.  So grow up and quit bitching that someone's making a couple bucks.

Edited: 11/29/2010 at 01:12 AM by removed-07-06-2016

Nov 29, 2010 at 1:37:50 AM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
sosafan is good in my book. don't knock it 'til you try it.

no need to knock a good guy, guys. no need for this thread to be closed either. kudos to the man who's making bank. It's what he does for a living, and com'n, we don't knock peoples' well being.

eBay listings here

Nov 29, 2010 at 6:04:36 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
^no doubt, guys. Sosafan2 is considered one of the more respected resellers around, an all-around good guy, and also a long-time member here. You must have forgotten DK Oldies and DiscountGames, both of which had questionable tactics and track records. Sure some of his prices are high, but this is a full-time business for him, and it's also the holiday season. What Jone mentions is very true, that if you price too low, you will definitely be out of inventory quickly. I made that same mistake myself when I first started reselling. Some of the better items will always be priced higher than "market" so that they can use those items to drive traffic to their other listings. It's just common sense, and there's no need to flame him for this common reseller marketing tool.

Nov 29, 2010 at 7:43:43 AM
Contra__Man (130)
Colorado
Originally posted by: nesguy

Man, you guys really need to tone down the language choices on here. "Gouging", "criminal" and your general lack of respect for someone who's a member on here and a long-time reseller is way out of line. A lot of people have gotten parts of their collection through him, and he's always been more than fair.

Edit to add:  And you are an idiot if you think these prices are not market-value for the Christmas season.  It's this way every year.  So grow up and quit bitching that someone's making a couple bucks.

Not sure who you're referring to here Jon, but hopefully not me. I never suggested Dan was a criminal, I actually said "congrats" in my OP. I was just very shocked that he was getting sale prices that "seemed" much higher than actual values to me.

I can also see the point that some are making that new collectors or people buying gifts for others are at a disadvantage and buying something for much less than it is typically worth. But if sosafan isn't trying to convince buyers that these are going rates and is just listing his shit and its selling, I can't really find fault with that. I certainly over-paid myself on a handful of games when I started collecting and part of your job as a buyer is to try to educate yourself as much as possible on fair value.

And I honestly have no idea what Christmas market value is because I just started collecting CIBs this last January.

Currently Playing (5): 

Completed Games (22):  

Nov 29, 2010 at 8:30:39 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Nesguy's comments were obviously directed towards the 0 feedback new user, hence the quotes of "criminal" and "gouging". No need to be offended.

But if you want something today, you pay a premium. Simple as that.

Sure you can wait for a 0.99 auction to pop up and win it for cheaper, but if you are buying for Christmas, you probably don't have that luxury. Or in the case of a game like Duck Tales 2, there will be a point where there are no CIBs on the bay and your $175 price tag might get a bite.

It's smart from a business perspective, but it may piss you off as a collector. Which is perfectly fine because you aren't obligated to buy from him at all. Move along and go about your business.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=