Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Pyramids of Ra - Piko - Soft Lock Any one else getting soft locked?

May 25 at 11:26:36 AM

This shows me solving room 3490 and the screen where the soft lock happens.

" href="

" style="color: rgb(17, 85, 204);" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHDBWKKjSs8&feature=youtu.be

This shows me entering a known good password that the game accepts which also results in a soft lock.

Any one else who has the cart, can you try inputing the following password to see if your cart soft locks:
WCPNBXJGXKKX

Much appreciated.

-------------------------
"I will beat you like a drum."

Edited: 05/25/2019 at 03:18 PM by Maydogg6

Aug 13 at 12:58:24 PM
Maydogg6 (49)
(Assy McGee) < Lolo Lord >
New York
Follow-up on this just in case anyone ever ends up in the same situation.

I contacted Piko and they looked into the problem. Their developers found it was a bit of anti-piracy code being triggered when it shouldn't and they worked to develop a solution. Once they had it figured out, they burnt me a new PCB and mailed it out to me. It may have taken a while to get fully sorted out, but I can't say enough nice things about how they worked to get this sorted out for me.

-------------------------
"I will beat you like a drum."

Aug 13 at 1:08:47 PM
barrels (149)
< Bowser >
California
I know that Piko can be a dirty word around these parts, but I'm glad they made it right!  

Aug 13 at 4:21:49 PM
Splain (28)
< Lolo Lord >
Arizona
unrelated, but I remember playing Pyramids of Ra on Game Boy, and the passwords didn't always work. You have to write every password you see, and keep your last several passwords in case the most recent one just decides not to be valid.