Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Colecovision fix?

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:23:39 AM
nesman (82)
(Ima Nesman) < Meka Chicken >
United States
so my colecovision doesn't work right.  All I get is a black screen with a white line that scrolls through it when turned on. Been sitting here for awhile. Should I sell it as is or get it repaired.  Anyone have recommendations? Is it worth repairing?  How much might it cost? Thanks 

-------------------------
Always looking for NES boxes and manuals.  I have boxes and manuals to trade.  I will also trade my extra games for your NES boxes and manuals.  Shoot me a message!

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:39:42 PM
Duke.Togo (114)
(Christopher Cantrell) < Kraid Killer >
Indiana
The power switches on these are prone to getting dirty and causing problems. My first suggestion would be to repair/replace and retest.

Feb 26, 2017 at 2:58:26 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
Doesn't the RAM go bad in these things? That would definitely cause booting problems. The Colecovision has a BIOS too, doesn't it? That could be a factor too, depending on if it's in a discrete ROM or integrated into something else. I remember hearing the main PCB inside the Colecovision can crack, instant system killer there.

Perhaps most eloquent is anyone I've heard about the Colecovision is that it was poorly designed with subpar parts inside. They will all need refurbishing eventually.

Edited: 02/26/2017 at 02:59 PM by Guntz