Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Anyone collect gameboy?

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:01:53 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I collect it (in a very casual way, not going crazy with it) and I'm just wondering if anyone has a complete GB release list? I don't believe DP's list is entirely accurate/complete.

-------------------------

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 4, 2007 at 5:43:56 PM
BlueMadcap (6)
(Ben Mason) < Little Mac >
Australia
I'm just starting buying a few but here and there, not going crazy either. I'd be interested to know about this myself.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:37:14 PM
wrldstrman (107)
(doug prickett) < Master Higgins >
West Virginia
i have a few that i play when things are slow at work tetris being one

Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

Mar 4, 2007 at 6:58:45 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have like 10-12 carts I think. I play Alleyway more than I do any of them though. Big fan of Radar Mission too.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Mar 4, 2007 at 7:50:43 PM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Yeah, I have a few. I pick up what I like i.e. Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil Gaiden, Zeldas, etc.

Hey Bronty, have you checked the game list at Nintendo.com? I don't know if there was any unlicensed market, but they'll have the full list of licensed there.

http://slydogstudios.org...

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:10:51 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Roth

Yeah, I have a few. I pick up what I like i.e. Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil Gaiden, Zeldas, etc.

Hey Bronty, have you checked the game list at Nintendo.com? I don't know if there was any unlicensed market, but they'll have the full list of licensed there.

Thanks for the suggestion Roth. Yeah, I have seen that before, and I attach the file, take a look.

The nintendo.com file is what exactly what got me wondering about the accuracy of the lists... the nintendo list shows over 600 licensed games. The DP files show about 520 unlicensed and unlicensed (sachen + wisdom tree). So there's a disparity there of probably 125 titles or more... which makes me question if either list is right. And some of the release dates on the nintendo list look so late (were there really releases for the B&W gameboy as late as 2001?) that it makes me wonder if some GBC titles accidentally got put on the list?

WTB Cdn sealed black boxes, sealed Cdn first party titles.    I.e. the "mattel" Cdn boxes with both french and english.   Mainly black boxes, zelda, link, and tyson, but let me know what you have.    I am interested in anything I don't already have!

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:16:09 PM
Roth (67)
(Rob Bryant) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Well, the only other suggestion that comes to mind is to also cross reference everything with the wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...the_original_Game_Boy

That's about all the help I can be in this matter. You're probably going to have to do some research, because I honestly don't think there's any "Great List" for the GB out there. Not AFAIK anywho.

http://slydogstudios.org...

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:18:26 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Hey Bronty,
If you collect GameBoy did you see the brand new Sachen 4 in 1 GameBoy cart I listed for sale on eBay. I got it from UK and it was only taken out of the box for the picture on eBay. Should be right up your alley as this wasn't shrinkwrapped to begin with. I think I only listed it for like $5.
~EriK~

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:25:31 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
can't seem to attach the file..

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:26:39 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Roth

Well, the only other suggestion that comes to mind is to also cross reference everything with the wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L...iginal_Game_Boy

That's about all the help I can be in this matter. You're probably going to have to do some research, because I honestly don't think there's any "Great List" for the GB out there. Not AFAIK anywho.

Right on, I never knew about the wiki list. thanks!

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:31:40 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Hey Bronty,

If you collect GameBoy did you see the brand new Sachen 4 in 1 GameBoy cart I listed for sale on eBay. I got it from UK and it was only taken out of the box for the picture on eBay. Should be right up your alley as this wasn't shrinkwrapped to begin with. I think I only listed it for like $5.

~EriK~

Hey Erik,

Thanks for letting me know... I hadn't seen it, no. But I think I will pass as when it comes to games to collect rather than play I typically don't go after stuff that wasn't sealed in the first place. I will never buy the nes aladdins for example.

Mar 4, 2007 at 8:52:32 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: BrontyI will never buy the nes aladdins for example.

Not sure if you knew this, but Aladdin games are actually sealed, inside the box. They have a manual attached to the back of the game holder, all of it sealed.

-Dain

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:02:43 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

Originally posted by: BrontyI will never buy the nes aladdins for example.

Not sure if you knew this, but Aladdin games are actually sealed, inside the box. They have a manual attached to the back of the game holder, all of it sealed.

-Dain

Didn't know that, but I have no qualms not counting them as part of my set and not buying on the basis that the boxes were not sealed. I'll really use any excuse I can get not to have to buy them frankly. I don't know what it is but I can't stand the thought of owning them. Besides, could they not also basically just be considered variants in that they are the deck enhancer versions of already existing games? That's the way I choose to look at it anyway   I don't want those things disgracing my doorstep. Although camerica does deserve some serious props for Micro Machines, which has to easily be the best unlicensed game I've ever played.

(I also don't count the unboxed combo carts for the same reason and miracle piano too as the box was not sealed to my knowledge and I don't want to have to store something that big anyway. So I do have about ten games I exclude from my number of 21 or 22 missing games).

Edited: 03/05/2007 at 03:07 AM by Bronty

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:27:15 AM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
I can't say I really blame you, Bronty -- they are akward, clunky, and don't play well with the others

-Dain

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:37:23 AM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I think I am going to find a cheap set of them and send them to you Bronty, just to bug you
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Mar 5, 2007 at 12:03:02 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Don't you dare, lol!!

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:28:20 PM
Xevious (12)
(John Olaisen) < Meka Chicken >
Norway
I did collect GB before, think I had about 50-60 games (50/50 CIB/loose). But I've never been much into handhelds so I'm selling the most of it, just keeping the pirates for some unknown reasons...

A "friend" of mine here in Norway has 125 GB systems which 84 are CIB, pretty cool I think!

One by one the penguins steal my sanity...

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:41:47 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Xevious

I did collect GB before, think I had about 50-60 games (50/50 CIB/loose). But I've never been much into handhelds so I'm selling the most of it, just keeping the pirates for some unknown reasons...

A "friend" of mine here in Norway has 125 GB systems which 84 are CIB, pretty cool I think!

Nice. I think putting together large quantities of CIB GB stuff is probably very tough. That's actually the reason I'm not going crazy with it as I think a sealed GB set might be tougher to put together than a sealed NES set (although much much cheaper of course). As in difficult enough to point where it might just be a fool's errand. So I'm just going to get the odd one here or there.

The thing I like about the GB stuff is its a different version of a lot of the same games that I've already picked up on NES or SNES. So they are kind of 'familiar.' From a play aspect that might turn some people off, but from a collecting aspect I like it. It's kind of fun having a matched set of Ubi Indy for NES and GB, or contra alien wars for snes and gb, as examples.

Edited: 03/05/2007 at 01:44 PM by Bronty

Mar 5, 2007 at 1:47:22 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: Dain

I can't say I really blame you, Bronty -- they are akward, clunky, and don't play well with the others

-Dain

hehehe, that is very true. I hate the odd size boxes. I can barely deal with stack up (that box I do like), maxi 15, arkanoid and carmen sandiego without going after more odd shaped stuff! They definitely do not play well with the others!!!

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:49:06 PM
Dr. Morbis (30)
(Basil T) < Kraid Killer >
Alberta
Bronty, are you aware that the ADE itself was sealed and that, as it so happens, the one Aladdin exclusive (Dizzy the Adventurer) just so happens to be packed in with every sealed ADE? Me thinks you need to pick that one up, at the very least

My mantra, as worded by SamSpade on 06/12/12:
I don't resell to fund my collection, I don't treat this hobby like a second job, I don't care if my collection is worth ten bucks or ten thousand because I never plan on selling it. Seriously, what does the value have to do with anything if you never plan on selling? Speculation doesn't mean jack shit to me at this point, I just want to play my nes games...

Mar 5, 2007 at 3:00:25 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
(fingers in ears) LA LA LA LA I can't hear you LA LA LA LA

Mar 8, 2007 at 11:26:29 AM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
I'm rarely able to share pics because everything's in storage, but I just received a nice package of gameboy so I thought I'd snap a pic and share before they find their way into a box...

cheers

I thought it was interesting that micro machines was unlicensed on NES but licensed on gameboy..

Edited: 03/08/2007 at 11:30 AM by Bronty

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:05:24 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Ah, but take a look at the publisher. Seems Codemasters licenced Micro Machines to Ocean to be released on the Game Boy. Either that or Ocean purchased the rights to release a Game Boy version. Either or

Now that pic makes me want to get Game Boy games...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Mar 8, 2007 at 2:54:10 PM
Bronty (65)
(Dan M) < Bonk >
Canada
Originally posted by: the_wizard_666

Ah, but take a look at the publisher. Seems Codemasters licenced Micro Machines to Ocean to be released on the Game Boy. Either that or Ocean purchased the rights to release a Game Boy version. Either or

Now that pic makes me want to get Game Boy games...

Yeah, I noticed the publisher change... still kind of an interesting tidbit though...

cheers

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:24:33 PM
BlueMadcap (6)
(Ben Mason) < Little Mac >
Australia
They look damb nice, anything I ever see is always really in terrible condition or to just to expensive in my opinion..