Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Monster Party Parody World Free Prototype Release!

Jul 22, 2014 at 9:21:55 PM
Clippit (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Other
I remember seeing once a program able to edit every single detail from the game, including stages, bosses, enemies, graphics... here's said program, by the way:
http://www.romhacking.net/utiliti...
It'd be nice to see someone use it to combine the best of both versions.

-------------------------
"One for the kid, two for the all!"​

Jul 28, 2014 at 2:48:59 PM
NiO (3)
(NiO ErZeBeTh) < Meka Chicken >
Mexico
this is something to admire and respect!!

kudos! (y)

Hey yo, check this out https://www.facebook.com/deadpool...

Jul 28, 2014 at 3:06:40 PM
Shinju (53)
(Nintendo Collector) < Ridley Wrangler >
Washington
Originally posted by: Clippit

I remember seeing once a program able to edit every single detail from the game, including stages, bosses, enemies, graphics... here's said program, by the way:
http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/700/
It'd be nice to see someone use it to combine the best of both versions.

The tool you posted was used to make. Monster Party Lets go Again hack.. Its amazing you should check it out.

Jul 30, 2014 at 12:10:00 PM
Drixiss (0)

< Cherub >
Oh my god...I've been waiting for this my whole life dude.

I speedrun Monster Party, and am the current world record holder. I'll be streaming my first play through, and likely speedruns, of the prototype version tonight, if anyone is interested. Should hopefully be streaming around 7-8PM Eastern. twitch.tv/drixiss

Edited: 07/30/2014 at 02:19 PM by Drixiss

Jul 30, 2014 at 10:47:30 PM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: Drixiss

I speedrun Monster Party, and am the current world record holder. I'll be streaming my first play through, and likely speedruns, of the prototype version tonight, if anyone is interested. Should hopefully be streaming around 7-8PM Eastern. twitch.tv/drixiss
Awesome! I'm tuning in right now!

Jul 31, 2014 at 8:55:39 AM
Drixiss (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Armageddon Potato

Originally posted by: Drixiss

Awesome! I'm tuning in right now!

Hey dude, I feel pretty dumb...I left my microphone muted for the majority of the time.  I had basically no viewers, so I didn't really notice, haha.  I'll be streaming more of it today though, and probably be routing out a speedrun for the prototype version.  Might also do some runs of the real version of Monster Party.

Aug 3, 2014 at 3:24:42 PM
ForzaBot (0)

< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: CD2193

Well, it seems like the infamous famicomcafe has compared the Nolans'/the mysterious party's dump to his own and claims that the two are different:

http://famicomcafe.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-198.html

Any idea what the two numbers after the file name could represent?

Thats just him being a chode cause his $1000+ game he was going to die with isnt so hot anymore. Guarantee they are the same build or just a few months apart (but still probably 100% the same). The carts look exactly the same (same label, same off white colored cart shell) and were most likely sent to magazines for reviewing. They are both the final version before Shinsei would go in depth with bug fixing for a retail release that never happened. If famicomcafe had the earliest build, the one seen in Famitsu magazine with the "Sunset" background in level 1, it would be a different story- but its not because thats not the version famicomcafe owns. The numbers may just only be to differentiate between the prototypes that were sent off, kind of like a code number more than an alternate ROM

Edited: 08/03/2014 at 03:26 PM by ForzaBot

Aug 5, 2014 at 2:33:46 AM
Armageddon Potato (267)
(Daniel Tatro) < Kraid Killer >
California
Originally posted by: ForzaBot

Originally posted by: CD2193

Well, it seems like the infamous famicomcafe has compared the Nolans'/the mysterious party's dump to his own and claims that the two are different:

http://famicomcafe.blog47.fc2.com/blog-entry-198.html

Any idea what the two numbers after the file name could represent?

Thats just him being a chode cause his $1000+ game he was going to die with isnt so hot anymore. Guarantee they are the same build or just a few months apart (but still probably 100% the same). The carts look exactly the same (same label, same off white colored cart shell) and were most likely sent to magazines for reviewing. They are both the final version before Shinsei would go in depth with bug fixing for a retail release that never happened. If famicomcafe had the earliest build, the one seen in Famitsu magazine with the "Sunset" background in level 1, it would be a different story- but its not because thats not the version famicomcafe owns. The numbers may just only be to differentiate between the prototypes that were sent off, kind of like a code number more than an alternate ROM

Probably just different header information which doesn't effect the game at all. The Ninja Gaiden 2 "Sample 32" prototypes have different headers despite them being the same prototype.

Edited: 08/05/2014 at 02:43 AM by Armageddon Potato