Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

burnambill333 has been banned

LOCKED TOPIC

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:41:14 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
It was only a matter of time, I'm afraid that we'd have to ban Nick. I think we were the only VG-related site that hadn't up until now.

It has been brought to my attention that burnambill333 has been reproducing Section Z maps and Caltron questionnaires, and passing them off as originals, to members of NA.

A bit of history....

Nick was caught re-sealing NES games on ebay a few years ago. He was taken to court and had to do community service -- he paid his dues so to speak, at least as far as the law was concerned.

Enter the NES world...

He got bruised up by the community a bit after that incident, but started to slowly recover by earning people's trust again. In fact, I was one of the guys that stuck up for Nick and felt that he should be given a second chance to become a productive member of the community again. You know, the whole "we all make mistakes" song and dance. I was wrong.

Fast forward a few years...

There was an incident where a CIB Stadium Events was sold, and Nick went behind antofarabia's back to buy it out from under him. Nick owns that Stadium Events if you didn't already know. Granted, nothing illegal about it, just a really shitty thing to do. Just another representation of who Nick really is.

The scam no one else knew about...

When you click on a link that goes to ebay, NA gets a small cut of ebay's profit if you buy the item. That's how we pay, and have paid, for the server and other things (like the Expo). Nick thought it would be clever to insert links to ebay using HIS ebay affiliate program information, so that by clicking his links, he would make money off you. Hopefully I don't need to explain to anyone how messed up that is, taking the only revenue stream NA has away from us.

Fast forward to present day...

Aside from scamming people on the Section Z maps and Caltron questionnaires, every other thing out of Nick's mouth is negative. He's constantly insulting Jason and Vince publically, and frankly, I'm sick of reading it.

I've been at a crossroad for a while regarding Nick, and today was enough for me to make a decision. I personally stood up for him only to get kicked in the teeth on more than one occasion (you know, all the times he insults NA, which is almost daily). If you don't know what I'm talking about, you're not paying enough attention. Nick was a great trader and seller on NA, don't get me wrong, but anymore, he was just using NA for his own agenda.

Nick is a sheister. Always has been, always will be. He can go sheist elsewhere for all I care.

At any rate, if you had a trade open with Nick, PM a moderator and they'll get you his email address.

-Dain

Edited: 11/16/2014 at 08:41 AM by Dain

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:46:02 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
sounds like you gave him plenty of warning. do what you gotta do.

-------------------------

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:52:12 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
We will not harbor or abet criminals. All underhanded and belligerent behavior aside, this is clearly reprehensible and I fully support Dain's decision. May all other site administrators that read this take notice of this unfortunate pattern that Dain has laid out for you, and take preemptive action against this common criminal.

He will show up at your doorstep looking to steal your business, and rip off your members.

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:52:49 PM
Freedman (36)
(Harrison Freedman) < El Ripper >
Ontario
This has just been going on for so long, that it almost had an inevitable outcome. I remember following all of this over at NESworld for so long, and for it to linger and continue over here is just unacceptable.
I'm not shocked over the fact that Nick "stole" money from NA (he didn't directly, but in away it's the right word), I'm shocked that ANY collector would even want to do that from their, in a sense, "homebase".

Plus, anyone that insults Vince, well, they make my bad list.

Nintendo Entertainment System
Now you're playing with power!

Mar 24, 2009 at 1:59:01 PM
paulyshobby (90)
(Paul LaMalfa) < Ridley Wrangler >
New Hampshire
Yeah, I always got that negative vibe from him. I've had some sucessful deals with him, but always seemed real negative,.

Check out my eBay/Amazon stores!
http://www.paulyshobby.com...

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:00:31 PM
bunnyboy (81)
(Funktastic B) < Master Higgins >
California
Mess with the Uncle, get speared by the Tusks.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:02:42 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
Yeah I've got a few stories on him as well in regards to him leaving unfair negative feedbacks on eBay to some very reputable sellers. I was actually quite shocked at how outspoken he was in the Power Punch II thread considering the "Negativity warning" was issued not even two weeks ago. When I read those posts I was thinking "Is he trying to get banned?" and apparently he was. I understand second chances, but if all Dain said is true then I wonder how he managed to survive here so long.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:06:51 PM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
I think we all know there's enough honest money to go around in this hobby for everyone, but none of us realized that Nick just didn't care about honest money in the long run. We were looking at one criminal with the eyes of friends and fellow hobbyists.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:07:38 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
Yeah, I didn't know 80% of that about him, but it sounds like it was about time. I thought he was a cool guy, but I didn't know most of that.

Let's Go Penguins!

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:09:24 PM
vern77777 (35)
(8==o------ (.)(.)) < Kraid Killer >
Illinois
Did he have the avatar of the duck hunt dog?

Looking for test carts...

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:14:39 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: vern77777

Did he have the avatar of the duck hunt dog?

for awhile he did

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:40:41 PM
tacolinowest (11)
(john t) < El Ripper >
New York
thank god, he was the only member that i truely hated here, he would always talk shit about me

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:42:39 PM
Robin Mihara (106)
(Robin Mihara) < Bowser >
Oregon
i was about to give him my condolences on facebook, only to find that he unfriended me

www.ecstasyoforder.com...

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:45:59 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Thanks for the transparency Dain. You guys handled this really well.

Good riddance.

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:46:29 PM
CUSTOM NES GUY (90)
(Jared CNG) < King Solomon >
Georgia
Wow I didnt know most of that. He had alot of feedback too.

Facebook.com/Customnesguy   All my custom NES's to date-http://youtube.com/user/jayrod2...

I thought I was an overpacker, that thing could have survived a nuclear explosion.  -zeldaboy

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:57:15 PM
NewUser123456789 (226)

(New User) < Bonk >
Other
Dain thanks for letting everyone know what happened and why..

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:03:17 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
I know him and Seth are buddy buddy, but if I were Seth I'd be a little worried about this. On 1/16/2009 I bought the North & South in this thread, but Seth bought everything else including the Section Z complete with map. Kinda scary...

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:09:56 PM
langenfeld (279)
(Michael Langenfeld) < El Ripper >
Alabama
Nick has been a good friend of mine for a long time. I hate to hear this.

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:14:36 PM
EVIL OVERLORD
Dain (226)
(Dain Anderson) < Founder >
North Carolina
Originally posted by: langenfeld

Nick has been a good friend of mine for a long time. I hate to hear this.

Same here, so I thought. Good friends don't kick good friends.

Edited: 03/24/2009 at 03:14 PM by Dain

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:27:12 PM
xARSEFACEx (70)
(x AARON x) < Bowser >
Indiana
I had nothing but good dealings with Nick here, but the things he's done are inexcusable. Good riddance.

Currently Playing: L.A. Noire
Currently Listening: Tyler the Creator - Goblin
Currently Watching: Workaholics, 5 Deadly Venoms

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:27:21 PM
Penguin (239)
(Justin AKA Penguin) < Wiz's Mom >
Florida
Thanks for letting us know Dain, it's always sad when something like this happens, especially to a long time member, but he did it to himself. I believe this is for the best for the community.

Looking for Black cartridge Color Dreams games, last 3 I need:  Metal Fighter, Moon Ranger, Baby Boomer.  Please contact me if you have any of these!

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:32:32 PM
NationalGameDepot (279)
(Dr. NGD) < Bonk >
Tennessee
I have keep my mouth for a long time about Nick. He has taken lots of jabs a me, but I keep quiet so I didn't start a bit fight on the boards. I won't miss him a bit.
~~NGD

Proud replier of post #1000 in the infamous Joel thread

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:37:11 PM
nesdude (122)
(Matt Yanders) < Ridley Wrangler >
Iowa
Originally posted by: Penguin

he did it to himself

My thoughts exactly. 

Mar 24, 2009 at 3:47:37 PM
MrMark0673 (455)
(Mark Nolan) < Master Higgins >
Massachusetts
Being negative is one thing, being a petty thief is pathetic. How many second chances does a guy get? even then, why consistently steal from a community that you've invested so much time in?

I think that people can deserve a second chance, but past shady dealings and compromised morals should be posted clear as day on this site so people know exactly who they are dealing with.

I'm sorry to hear that he was stealing straight from your pocket Dain, that is just fucking disgusting. Good riddance...

Hi, my name is Mark, and I collect (and now sell!) Prototypes.

Photobucket

The Largest Comprehensive List of NES Protos for Sale Available on the Web!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Mar 24, 2009 at 4:29:33 PM
Herbalist (139)
(Bill Brasky) < King Solomon >
Wisconsin
Hehe, i remember the whole debacle over nick in the faegly comic a few months ago. I got flamed for being one of the few people with a "fuck nick" attitude, with no respect for someone who rips others off. I was told "I dont know him blah blah etc." It appears I knew the dude better then some hehe
Good Riddance Scammer!