Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Finders Keepers--Non gaming edition Post random "non gaming" stuff you find here

Jul 24, 2013 at 8:55:30 AM
MalcolmXY (0)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Originally posted by: Logo1285

I was at a few garage sales this morning and happened to see this cabinet at one of them. I thought it looked like a fantastic piece to display some things. The bottom left door is missing the glass which is unfortunate because I think the design on it is beautiful. Instead of trying to get the design replicated on the broken piece, I was thinking about taking the glass out of the bottom right door as well and replacing the two with just normal glass this way it looks more appealing.

Anyways, there was a $40 price tag on it and I didn't even bother talking the person down. No idea on potential value but I don't plan on selling it.
Your idea to take out the glass on the other side and replace both with a simple, uniform pattern (or no pattern at all) is a smart one.  Trying to replicate that pattern in a replacement piece would be damn near impossible, and if you find someone who can do it for you, my guess is that their hourly rate is going to be more than you paid for the thing in the 1st place...and it's gonna more than an hour for them to do it.

I have no idea exactly what it's worth either, but it's not of a style that is currently popular (right now, mid-century/Danish is the thing, mostly just 50s and 60s.  Art Deco sells as well, but clean, straight, teac or walnut furniture is the thing at the moment), so $40 is probably close to its market value.

The important thing is that you like it, obviously, and also, tastes change.  What's hot now will eventually become played out, so who knows what it will be worth when you do want to sell it?

Jul 24, 2013 at 10:13:00 AM
Retrovision (11)
(Johnny ) < Lolo Lord >
Illinois
Originally posted by: thenickross

Originally posted by: Retrovision

Nice Karate Kid stuff. I really want a sealed John Kreese. 

Thanks man!

-------------------------

eBay listings  will provide deals for NA members if you see anything you like pm me.

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:53:00 PM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Originally posted by: baseball142

got this at a iron maiden concert last august, its signed by Nicko McBrian.
he threw it in the crowd and i caught it, it was a fricken awesome night!
but also if anybody is interested in it pm me.
wow, that's awesome!

Jul 27, 2013 at 7:54:31 PM
baseball142 (32)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(Ryan Pierce) < Meka Chicken >
New Mexico
Originally posted by: NESMASTER14

Originally posted by: baseball142

got this at a iron maiden concert last august, its signed by Nicko McBrian.
he threw it in the crowd and i caught it, it was a fricken awesome night!
but also if anybody is interested in it pm me.
wow, that's awesome!

thanks bro!

Jul 27, 2013 at 11:26:14 PM
DCG90 (10)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
Ooh, hadnt seen this thread before.

Well, not the most exciting thing, but a great deal I got it last summer.

Got a complete patio set:
4 Chairs, nice glass table, cast iron umbrella stand as well as a sunbrella umbrella (these retail for like $180)

Keep in mind when I found it I was in a 4 door, no way in hell I was getting it home. As soon as she said $5 for everything I immediately paid her and asked if it would be okay if I get a friend with a truck to come pick it up. When she said $5 everyone turned and looked, lol.

When I got back she said a bunch of people asked to buy it for more.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:36:57 AM
8-bit_boice (49)
(Josh Boice) < Meka Chicken >
Kansas
Picked all these up from a garage sale the other day for $30. Power ranger stuff from season one up to Time Force. Tons of zords and lots of action figures.

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:58:20 AM
Beliskner (1)
< Kraid Killer >
Germany
I really wish I had any clue about action figures. These look very awesome

Looking for a copy of Sega Rally on the N-Gage

Playstation 3 Collection: 999/1???
Philips Videopac Collection: 67/69
Nintendo 64 European (not PAL!) Collection: C 239/239 - I 126/239 - B 94/239
Sega Master System PAL Collection (CB): 166/269
Sega Dreamcast PAL Collection: 52/216

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:59:55 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
older Power rangers and transformers are easy money. Nice!

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:11:45 PM
RabbidRabbit (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Georgia
I am not much of a knife collector but I found a Buck Knife 119 w/sheath for $5. I think it is an older one but doesn't seem to have ever been used. It doesn't even look like it has ever been sharpened other than the factory edge. No box and the sheath isn't stamped.

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:14:20 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
^ Those knives are nice, my brother and I both had one of them, wish I still had it.

I've been collecting bones/skull/taxidermy stuff lately, whenever I can find a good deal anyways, and I bought these three things yesterday for $21:

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:19:29 PM
fmdof (77)
(Robert Brimacombe) < Lolo Lord >
United States
Epic score for 5 bucks

Looking for N64 Boxes/manuals:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Looking for Genesis-Master System Boxes/manuals
http://segaage.com/forum/messagev...

Aug 1, 2013 at 11:45:37 PM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Gamma World RPG Lot at Salvation Army for $0.99 cents.
This stuff is older than I am.
The Hex Map Manual, has 3 pages used out of 128 Pages.
This RPG is pretty much Fallout in table top form.

I found one of these today too.

Edited: 08/01/2013 at 11:54 PM by Everharm

Aug 2, 2013 at 4:32:26 AM
Laurie (42)
(Levar Burtons' Magically Wonderful Deluxe Sundae Machine) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: fmdof

Epic score for 5 bucks

you win the thread

Aug 2, 2013 at 10:57:33 AM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Everharm

Gamma World RPG Lot at Salvation Army for $0.99 cents.
This stuff is older than I am.
The Hex Map Manual, has 3 pages used out of 128 Pages.
This RPG is pretty much Fallout in table top form.

I found one of these today too.

Wow nice. How much for Soundwave? Id imagine these both are $100++

Aug 2, 2013 at 11:48:37 AM
Everharm (176)
(Michael Everhart) < El Ripper >
Wisconsin
Soundwave was at Toys R Us, New $119.99
Not a steal or anything, but hot right now due to SDCC and being a TRU Exclusive. I have only found this 1 out of about 5 trips to 2 different TRU.

They come 2 per box, and typically stores only get 1 box, and they are gone the same day they are put out.

Aug 2, 2013 at 12:44:35 PM
ADMINISTRATOR
VGD (465)
(RL ) < Wiz's Mom >
Michigan
Ah cool, looks like you have this stuff on EBAY already. GL!

Aug 2, 2013 at 7:00:03 PM
RabbidRabbit (0)
< Meka Chicken >
Georgia
I don't know how many Deadheads are here but Aug 1st was the late Jerry Garcia's 71st Birthday. The family decided to go to a couple thrifts and the local library today. While at the Goodwill I was looking for games and my son was looking at books. Next thing I hear is, "Hey dad here is a book for you". I look and it is The History of the Grateful Dead. Thought it was pretty neat.

Aug 4, 2013 at 4:53:30 PM
j0ker007 (0)

< Cherub >
I bought this a few months ago at a flea market. I looked all over the net for info but I cant find any. Im not sure if its one of kind or what but I got it pretty cheap. Its not for sale.

Edited: 08/04/2013 at 04:56 PM by j0ker007

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:00:14 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
I've just added my biggest piece of vintage toy fun to my collection and perhaps to some depending on their tastes a crown jewel at that. This is from the 1960s, the AMF Pedal Car Fire Fighter 519. This took 3 hours to partially strip down and to clean up using various safe techniques to get a heap of rust off it, the bell was brown initially as was much of the white rails, and there is some more paint wear the camera didn't pick up. I'd factor 85% of it is there and it's totally functional. It's missing a battery powered red light on the hood, the little hooks on the white rail both sides and the ladder that hangs on them, 4 hubcaps, a sticker license plate up front, supposedly it had a white or black padded seat&back, and I think it's missing a small piece that secures the hose assembly in back on the part away from the truck wall (though the hose is all there, functional and hooks up to with the screw on brass part to a real lawn hose. Got it for $125.
 photo amfpedalcardfireengine519a_zps97634f75.jpg  photo amfpedalcardfireengine519b_zps9b526a72.jpg
When I lived in KY originally in most of the 00's I picked up on the bug bite of liking and wanting vintage 1930s-80s toys and also WW2 items as well. I have this photobucket account of mine that pedal car is linked to. Before my move away from here I already had the big Dodgers game and the yellow portable baseball title (my grandpa/ma mom's side were the creators) and the WW2 japanese rifle, bayonet and sheath I've had, the WW2 field manual, grenade, and the Indiana Jones lunchbox w/thermos and the cards (complete Temple of Doom) too.

Here's much of my old stuff in one set of pictures -> http://s232.photobucket.com/user/...

I've since added all the rest just since just this year. It started early with the Love Bug in spotless working shape in the box and the hubley corsair all functional and sharp too. The mix of items most of it is 1930s-50s but you see later like the plastic things (stay puft movie premiere giveaway, pillsbury, mighty mouse, huckleberry hound, the pac/ms pac man. My oldest item in the pics is the bayonet with the lithograph behind it from the spanish american war (1890s) and unpictures I do have a Virginia Hymn book from 1861~ that was in the family if I remember right. You an find so much more here than in greedy California at a good price and just variety, there's little there other than in high retail locations. The one item I took away with age from there is a 1945 pocket watch in that one mix of stuff in that picture which I use since I wreck wrist watches (and I wore another I got at a garage sale out here 7~ years ago which is a 1910 Elgin. Funny enough I have even the original Dirty Time watch for Spiro Agnew (busted VP under Nixon) under wraps.

Edited: 08/04/2013 at 10:01 PM by Tanooki

Aug 6, 2013 at 2:41:07 AM
Dilts36 (0)
( Dilts) < Eggplant Wizard >
Wisconsin
Originally posted by: The Lung

I am not much of a knife collector but I found a Buck Knife 119 w/sheath for $5. I think it is an older one but doesn't seem to have ever been used. It doesn't even look like it has ever been sharpened other than the factory edge. No box and the sheath isn't stamped.

i have cleaned many many deer with one of these 

WTB: RC PRO AM II BOX ONLY

Aug 11, 2013 at 11:05:30 PM
K3VBOT (286)
(K3V ) < King Solomon >
Indiana
Originally posted by: Tanooki

I've just added my biggest piece of vintage toy fun to my collection and perhaps to some depending on their tastes a crown jewel at that. This is from the 1960s, the AMF Pedal Car Fire Fighter 519. This took 3 hours to partially strip down and to clean up using various safe techniques to get a heap of rust off it, the bell was brown initially as was much of the white rails, and there is some more paint wear the camera didn't pick up. I'd factor 85% of it is there and it's totally functional. It's missing a battery powered red light on the hood, the little hooks on the white rail both sides and the ladder that hangs on them, 4 hubcaps, a sticker license plate up front, supposedly it had a white or black padded seat&back, and I think it's missing a small piece that secures the hose assembly in back on the part away from the truck wall (though the hose is all there, functional and hooks up to with the screw on brass part to a real lawn hose. Got it for $125.
 photo amfpedalcardfireengine519a_zps97634f75.jpg  photo amfpedalcardfireengine519b_zps9b526a72.jpg
When I lived in KY originally in most of the 00's I picked up on the bug bite of liking and wanting vintage 1930s-80s toys and also WW2 items as well. I have this photobucket account of mine that pedal car is linked to. Before my move away from here I already had the big Dodgers game and the yellow portable baseball title (my grandpa/ma mom's side were the creators) and the WW2 japanese rifle, bayonet and sheath I've had, the WW2 field manual, grenade, and the Indiana Jones lunchbox w/thermos and the cards (complete Temple of Doom) too.

Here's much of my old stuff in one set of pictures -> http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tanooki-suit/library/Tanook...

I've since added all the rest just since just this year. It started early with the Love Bug in spotless working shape in the box and the hubley corsair all functional and sharp too. The mix of items most of it is 1930s-50s but you see later like the plastic things (stay puft movie premiere giveaway, pillsbury, mighty mouse, huckleberry hound, the pac/ms pac man. My oldest item in the pics is the bayonet with the lithograph behind it from the spanish american war (1890s) and unpictures I do have a Virginia Hymn book from 1861~ that was in the family if I remember right. You an find so much more here than in greedy California at a good price and just variety, there's little there other than in high retail locations. The one item I took away with age from there is a 1945 pocket watch in that one mix of stuff in that picture which I use since I wreck wrist watches (and I wore another I got at a garage sale out here 7~ years ago which is a 1910 Elgin. Funny enough I have even the original Dirty Time watch for Spiro Agnew (busted VP under Nixon) under wraps.

Thats sweet! I used to have one of the original Murray Champion dipside pedal cars. The guy that had it even had a matching trailer that could be pulled behind. Though I think the trailer was originally designed for one of the Murray Pedal Tractors.
Good find, and not too bad of a price

Aug 12, 2013 at 11:59:10 AM
steelo999 (3)
(Steve L) < Little Mac >
Washington
I was out with the wife game hunting and she spotted this.  We paid $3 for it.  I don't know too much about it except that it is pretty bad-ass!  I guess it's an import Robotech toy.  It is up for trade if anyone is interested, if not it's going on Fee-Bay.

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:41:27 PM
BenTO (44)
(Ben T.) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Hip replacement, anyone?

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:50:16 PM
RetroDave (41)
(Dave T) < El Ripper >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: BenTO

Hip replacement, anyone?

What do you plan on doing with that?

Coat hook?

For sale/trade.  Want to trade for.

Aug 13, 2013 at 1:58:27 PM
BenTO (44)
(Ben T.) < Meka Chicken >
Arizona
Originally posted by: RetroDave

Originally posted by: BenTO

Hip replacement, anyone?

What do you plan on doing with that?

Coat hook?

I bought it so I'll actually have something to offer on FS/FT threads when everone starts offering body parts

I think a coat hook would be really cool if I had multiple of them to hang up!