Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Super Nintendo Fiber Optic Sign Found! Fresh out of the woodwork

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:28:59 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bounty suspended 1/30/19............Will possibly revisit this later down the road.

Prefer clean and 100% working condition. Will discuss any and all scenarios. $3000 Shipped. This may take a couple years. I am fine with that. Could I be squeezed for a bit more? Probably. 😀

$3000 includes payment via Paypal good and services. Prefer to have Fed Ex package and ship and insure if you are not comfortable. Protects the buyer and seller.

Edited: 05/19/2019 at 07:17 PM by Sign Collector Guy

Jan 01 at 10:18:03 AM
ADD EM (1)
< Little Mac >
Damn that's a great bounty. Sure someone out there has what you're looking for. Somebody help this guy out.

Jan 02 at 7:31:02 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump.

Jan 04 at 8:38:35 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump

Jan 04 at 10:42:42 AM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Holy shit man! I think you could get one for quite a bit less than that if you waited it out.

-------------------------

Jan 04 at 11:34:19 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: imanerd0011

Holy shit man! I think you could get one for quite a bit less than that if you waited it out.
So far I have found 2 from collectors, one who does not want to ship it from Europe and another who would like $4K

Jan 04 at 4:26:25 PM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Originally posted by: Sign Collector Guy

So far I have found 2 from collectors, one who does not want to ship it from Europe and another who would like $4K

I can understand not wanting to ship it across the world, but $4,000 for this is madness!  Has one ever even sold for $2,000?  It's a really nice sign, but pales in comparison to the NES era WON fibers, which don't even sell for that much.  The only $4,000+ signs in my opinion are the Kaybee/WON and the double sided Nintendo Entertainment System fiber.  

Jan 04 at 4:49:24 PM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland

I can understand not wanting to ship it across the world, but $4,000 for this is madness!  Has one ever even sold for $2,000?  It's a really nice sign, but pales in comparison to the NES era WON fibers, which don't even sell for that much.  The only $4,000+ signs in my opinion are the Kaybee/WON and the double sided Nintendo Entertainment System fiber.  

Eh, I don't think your getting even close to this sign at 2000. I would have expected 2500 personally and 3k seems like a serious offer.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Jan 08 at 5:59:10 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump

Jan 13 at 5:33:59 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump

Jan 19 at 10:28:48 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump

Jan 22 at 1:37:13 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump

Jan 28 at 9:44:30 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Bump

Jan 29 at 10:21:10 AM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States
Good luck getting this Ben, but this one looks to be VERY hard to acquire at this time. That dude on the forums is willing to trade a Kaybee for it, and has no bites as of yet.

Jan 29 at 10:26:12 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

Good luck getting this Ben, but this one looks to be VERY hard to acquire at this time. That dude on the forums is willing to trade a Kaybee for it, and has no bites as of yet.
I’m pretty sure he found one already but the price was to high and he’s right. 

Jan 30 at 8:40:25 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: romiked2689

Indeed. I was willing to overpay. Just didn't work out. I am officially calling off the bounty today. Maybe down the road I can resume the obsession. :-)

Jan 30 at 10:26:10 AM
imanerd0011 (20)
(. .) < El Ripper >
United States

Indeed. I was willing to overpay. Just didn't work out. I am officially calling off the bounty today. Maybe down the road I can resume the obsession. :-)

For whatever reason this sign has gotten a mythical status as of late.  Your average WON Fiber sells for slightly under 2k, and this one seems to be valued at over 3k for whatever reason.  

Jan 30 at 10:30:13 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland

For whatever reason this sign has gotten a mythical status as of late.  Your average WON Fiber sells for slightly under 2k, and this one seems to be valued at over 3k for whatever reason.  

I think your pricing is off a bit.  If you can get a WON Fiber under $2500 then you did good.  This SNES one is in a drought and public bounties like this are going to cause people to want a king's ransom.  Thankfully there's a Superbrite that is around $1500 which provides a nice placeholder.

But certain signs get hot when they drought and they have a lot of appeal.  Not sure if you saw the NES / SNES / GB Triad Superbrite sign sell at $4k on eBay a few months back but that sale was legit.  And people probably thought a fair price on it was much less. 

Jan 30 at 10:32:37 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

These signs are out there just no one is selling I guess. I felt his 3k offer would grab one honestly. 

Jan 30 at 10:32:59 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: jonebone

I think your pricing is off a bit.  If you can get a WON Fiber under $2500 then you did good.  This SNES one is in a drought and public bounties like this are going to cause people to want a king's ransom.  Thankfully there's a Superbrite that is around $1500 which provides a nice placeholder.

But certain signs get hot when they drought and they have a lot of appeal.  Not sure if you saw the NES / SNES / GB Triad Superbrite sign sell at $4k on eBay a few months back but that sale was legit.  And people probably thought a fair price on it was much less. 
I was not aware a triad went for $4K. Amazing.

Jan 30 at 10:34:43 AM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland

4K whoa it is a hell of a sign tho. 

Jan 30 at 10:45:15 AM
jonebone (554)
Maryland
Listed at $5k, went for $4k. Guess I should post the link while it is still live before it expires into the land of mystery. Positive feedback received. I was also shocked it went that high but even before that I knew offers under $2500 weren't serious. I'm sure SNES Superbrite owners may think the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo...

Jan 30 at 11:03:42 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

4K whoa it is a hell of a sign tho. 

It is a great sign. I found mine doing a country wide craigslist search. Found it in oregon for $600 if I recall correctly. Was lucky enough that Josh Hamblin "The Gamefather" went and picked it up for me and shipped it.
The seller said his wife found it at a garage sale.

May 19 at 7:16:44 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Home from Indiana and brought back some signs fresh out of the woodwork.

Both these signs were saved from a Meijer store in Northern Michigan way back when. The employee disregarded the disposal order and hid them in a back room.

How I got these I will leave that to mystery. 😀

May 19 at 7:18:22 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Mod may want to move. Used old thread. Wanted
to keep for posterity