NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NBA Playoffs 2019 Smack talk welcome

Jun 16 at 2:50:42 PM
americasteam7 (71)
< Kraid Killer >
Colorado
Originally posted by: quest4nes

Id like to be the first to comment on the Lakers trade.

I honestly dont know how Lebron even plays with AD. Lebron needs shooters. He basically made Kevin Love and Bosh glorified 3 point shooters. AD will add some interior D and rebounding, but offensively I dont know how it works. Especially since the Lakers are said to be after Kemba now? I dont think the lakers understand how to play with lebron. There is one ball. If they add kemba then him and lebron will stagger like he did with wade, but AD will not be getting touches.

I still dont see that team winning anything.
I disagree. I feel like AD will get more feeds from Bron on the parimeter. Bron will be taking more shots from the outside, and kindof quarterbacking at a higher rate, while AD will be the pure in the paint guy. AD is pretty unstoppable in the paint. Bron will be able to take less drives to the rim because of AD which will preserve his energy more. You don't always need more shooters when you yourself just became one. They should be a force. I don't know about them winning the ring first year, but they should be able to make it to either the conference finals or semi finals.

-------------------------

Jun 16 at 3:03:02 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Originally posted by: americasteam7

Originally posted by: Boosted52405

Originally posted by: MrWunderful

Drake is a clown too, doing post game interviews and shit. Straight up grown male cheerleader. Cant wait to see his raptors tattoo. 

Amen to this, while I am beyond happy the Raptors won, I can't stand the Drake shit.  I was just thinking the other day that he is a glorified cheerleader.  Why don't every team nominate an ambassador, give them courtside seats and they can flail around and talk shit to players and cause all this attention.  I still can't believe they allowed all that - he rubbed the coaches shoulders mid-game for cryin out loud.

He's just the modern day Spike Lee

Kids these days have never heard of Busty Heart (Celtics) or Dancing Barry (Lakers)

Jun 16 at 8:35:22 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I honestly dont know how Lebron even plays with AD. Lebron needs shooters. He basically made Kevin Love and Bosh glorified 3 point shooters. AD will add some interior D and rebounding, but offensively I dont know how it works. Especially since the Lakers are said to be after Kemba now? I dont think the lakers understand how to play with lebron. There is one ball. If they add kemba then him and lebron will stagger like he did with wade, but AD will not be getting touches.

I disagree. I feel like AD will get more feeds from Bron on the parimeter. Bron will be taking more shots from the outside, and kindof quarterbacking at a higher rate, while AD will be the pure in the paint guy. AD is pretty unstoppable in the paint. Bron will be able to take less drives to the rim because of AD which will preserve his energy more. You don't always need more shooters when you yourself just became one. They should be a force. I don't know about them winning the ring first year, but they should be able to make it to either the conference finals or semi finals.

Lebron's primary offense is bully ball driving. That is why he needs floor spacers. That is why kevin love and chris bosh were the type of centers that could adapt with him. AD does not help them offensively. He helps that inside D tremendously. They will have to stagger minutes for AD and Lebron the best they can. If they add a 3rd player like I said. An offensive oriented guard, AD will not be happy with his offensive touches. Yes AD is good in the interior, but he will bring his defenders right in the paint with him and lebron's driving ability will be hurt by it. NBA is changing dude. 

Ive yet to see AD really carry anyone. He has put up some good individual numbers, but they have been relatively meaningless. Hes always banged up, and he is hard to rely on in crunch time. He disappears in the 4th so much.

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jun 16 at 9:47:57 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

(Brian Bangert) < Lolo Lord >
California

Lebron's primary offense is bully ball driving. That is why he needs floor spacers. That is why kevin love and chris bosh were the type of centers that could adapt with him. AD does not help them offensively. He helps that inside D tremendously. They will have to stagger minutes for AD and Lebron the best they can. If they add a 3rd player like I said. An offensive oriented guard, AD will not be happy with his offensive touches. Yes AD is good in the interior, but he will bring his defenders right in the paint with him and lebron's driving ability will be hurt by it. NBA is changing dude. 

Ive yet to see AD really carry anyone. He has put up some good individual numbers, but they have been relatively meaningless. Hes always banged up, and he is hard to rely on in crunch time. He disappears in the 4th so much.

Lakers plan is to add more shooters and a point guard. I don't see the Lakers getting a third star unless that third star is will to take less money to play with Lebron and AD. Which I doubt happens but who knows. AD is very good offensively and will have no problem adjusting to playing with Lebron. You know the Lakers will be much better than your Rockets next season. lol

Jun 16 at 9:48:57 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: Bonanza125

Lakers plan is to add more shooters and a point guard. I don't see the Lakers getting a third star unless that third star is will to take less money to play with Lebron and AD. Which I doubt happens but who knows. AD is very good offensively and will have no problem adjusting to playing with Lebron. You know the Lakers will be much better than your Rockets next season. lol

lmao everyone thought the same thing this season. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jun 16 at 10:14:17 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

California

4th place in the West with a better record than the Rockets til Lebron got hurt. Then other players got hurt. No different than the NBA finals. If Durant plays the outcome is different.

Jun 16 at 10:26:24 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

4th place in the West with a better record than the Rockets til Lebron got hurt. Then other players got hurt. No different than the NBA finals. If Durant plays the outcome is different.

well thats selective. Lets not forget the rockets had a melo nightmare started slow. then breezed back past everyone.  And lebron got hurt christmas day. Houston started its takeover Dec. 10th/11th. Rockets were about to blow by them anyway. Retooled the team, and rockets had everyone injured practically all year. So I dont want to hear crap about lebrons injury. He came back and they still didnt do anything. Just got worse. 

Lebron is in the west now. Its not the same.

If you want to play that injury game, CP3 missed just as much time as lebron. Capela missed over a month. Yet the rockets still survived. IF the rockets were healthy all year theyd have been the 1 seed. We can play this game all day.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 06/16/2019 at 10:31 PM by quest4nes

Jun 18 at 12:35:22 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
That was one hell of a parade.

Kawhi getting the last laugh, literally, was pure gold.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"

Jul 12 at 10:21:27 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
Quest - are the Rockets now the team to beat?

Jul 12 at 10:23:41 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
At least we wont have to hear bitching about parity now.

Jul 12 at 10:40:58 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Its going to take me awhile to accept this trade. Its exciting and terrifying at the same time. Westbrook is going to have to alter his game some. Rockets at faster tempo will be a scary offense though. Westbrook playing point for D’antoni in the pick and roll will be lethal. Houston spaces the floor so much more than okc so his attacking style should play better. His fts need to go back to 2 years ago form, and he needs to cool it on covered 3 point chucking. 

The rockets are going to have a so many turnovers lol. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 12 at 12:28:55 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
lmao i knew this thread was going to be bumped only once the Rockets made a move. Gonna be an entertaining season. Funny enough I don't really feel much anticipation about the Celtics going into it. I still don't even thing I've emotionally accepted that Dirk Nowitzki is gone either

Jul 12 at 2:15:39 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Celtics essentially just ducked out of the running imo. Al walking was a bigger deal to me than losing Kyrie (good riddance, flat earther). Kemba is just a less efficient version of Kyrie anyway.

I don't have much hope left that Gordon will make it all the way back to his prior form. And maybe Danny feels the same way and is content to just try to develop young guys until Hayward's contract is off the books?

The Draft was underwhelming. Carsen Edwards was the best pick that the Celtics made. Langford is a bust waiting to happen, and Grant Williams' ceiling is becoming an average role player...

Maybe Brown and Tatum make the jump to superstars this year? It's a slim chance, but that really the only way the Celtics make the finals (even in a depleted East)

Jul 12 at 2:58:01 PM
Bonanza125 (600)

California

Its going to take me awhile to accept this trade. Its exciting and terrifying at the same time. Westbrook is going to have to alter his game some. Rockets at faster tempo will be a scary offense though. Westbrook playing point for D’antoni in the pick and roll will be lethal. Houston spaces the floor so much more than okc so his attacking style should play better. His fts need to go back to 2 years ago form, and he needs to cool it on covered 3 point chucking. 

He's going to be the same old Westbrook with a bunch of bricks. His game doesn't fit in a D'Antoni system. This is Daryl Morey trying to make that big splash and will come out disappointed yet again. I wouldn't be surprsied if the Rockets were one and done, lol.

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 05:21 PM by Bonanza125

Jul 12 at 4:49:58 PM
LostLevel83 (142)
< Meka Chicken >
Oklahoma
Well, this off-season has been wild. End of a great era in OKC. I'm sure you'll warm up to Westbrook, quest.

I like pizza.

Jul 12 at 6:51:41 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

He's going to be the same old Westbrook with a bunch of bricks. His game doesn't fit in a D'Antoni system. This is Daryl Morey trying to make that big splash and will come out disappointed yet again. I wouldn't be surprsied if the Rockets were one and done, lol.

His drive kick high pick snd roll attack up tempo play are exactly d’antoni qualities

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 07/12/2019 at 06:52 PM by quest4nes

Jul 15 at 5:25:52 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
Grizzlies vs Timberwolves Summer League Championship on ESPN2 tonight at 9:00EST....the anticipation is almost too much

Sep 23 at 10:49:11 AM
AirVillain (15)
< King Solomon >
British Columbia
Well guys...

Raps had a great run. See you in another 25 years. I bought enough hats to last me until then so I'm set.

Goodbye.

AirVillain    
"Way cool, dude!"