Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

So my BF found over 100 Not For Resale Demo Cartridges. Got most prices down except for a few. Would need some help getting pricing for Nicktoons Vol 1 NFR, and reviewing if pricing is realistic for other NFR titles

Jul 27 at 9:18:33 PM
Desitos (0)

< Cherub >
Reposting the bulk of info from r/gamecollecting with some additional tidbtis.
Posting on behalf of my BF. To keep is short and simple, he and his family got a hold of a large video game lot a while back, only now he is sifting through what was in it.
Here's an one of the more fun things that was found.    

why  

The lot contained game consoles and the like, but I just want to focus on the cartridges. While some are retail games, the vast majority are Not For Resale, Demo copies all the way from the Gameboy to the 3DS, even including 37 copies of NFR Metroid Fusion. I tried my best to list accurate quantities and historical sold prices of each title.

Here's a handy spreadsheet I made. All items listed are NFR    

Here's a handy spreadsheet.

Most of the prices are filled in using historic ebay listings and pricecharting sites. We couldn't find any reference pricing for two games though, them being the Nicktoons Collection Volume 1, and America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking, both NFR. I don't expect anything from Test Kitchen, but was looking if anyone knew a reference for Nicktoons. Also want to ask if the pricing we already have seems realistic, I tried my best to match them using the historial sales, but I'm expecting some needing correction.  
Here's the original reddit thread, there are photos for every single game listed if needed.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/comments/caf2hh/so_m...

Edited: 07/27/2019 at 09:20 PM by Desitos

Jul 28 at 6:06:02 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
I don't know anything about this market so I can't help with any info. But that's pretty awesome. How did they come across this lot, if you wouldn't mind sharing the story?

Jul 28 at 8:56:37 AM
Desitos (0)

< Cherub >
His family bought part of a lot from a video game store that was shutting down a few years back, they mostly focused on the consoles and not too much on the games at the time. That's pretty much it.

Jul 28 at 3:08:21 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
The Super Mario 3D Land is probably too high since there are some on eBay for around $25. Also, I sent you a pm, if you want to check your inbox  

-------------------------
Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair

Jul 28 at 5:21:08 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
For Nicktoons, it would depend on the condition on the back label, but they can go for a premium. They are super rare and there have not been many of them for sell in the last couple of years. In fact, only have seen 2 in the last 5 years. I was lucky to be able to buy one for $15, but the back label was worn out a bit. I'd say $50 - $100 would be a price range. Best is to put it for auction for accurate price. I'm interested in 3 of your NFRs btw check your inbox.

Help complete my N64 NFR With Minty Back Sticker set. Only need two more:
              Diddy Kong Racing and Super Smash Bros!
Want to Buy/Want to Trade For Thread|For Sale/Offer Thread

Jul 28 at 5:55:43 PM
Desitos (0)

< Cherub >
Originally posted by: Skorp

For Nicktoons, it would depend on the condition on the back label, but they can go for a premium. They are super rare and there have not been many of them for sell in the last couple of years. In fact, only have seen 2 in the last 5 years. I was lucky to be able to buy one for $15, but the back label was worn out a bit. I'd say $50 - $100 would be a price range. Best is to put it for auction for accurate price. I'm interested in 3 of your NFRs btw check your inbox.

Here are the rear labels for Nicktoons.  

Seem to be in pretty damn good shape, only some wear from age and that's all.  
All these will probably go directly to eBay. I've had a few users message me interseted in some carts, so I'll probably just send a link to them when they're active.  
I should reiterate this this are my BF's. It'll be his say in the end of all this. He doesn't have an account on these forums yet, will post if anything changes.

Jul 28 at 6:37:10 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Originally posted by: Desitos

Originally posted by: Skorp

Here are the rear labels for Nicktoons.  

Seem to be in pretty damn good shape, only some wear from age and that's all.  
All these will probably go directly to eBay. I've had a few users message me interseted in some carts, so I'll probably just send a link to them when they're active.  
I should reiterate this this are my BF's. It'll be his say in the end of all this. He doesn't have an account on these forums yet, will post if anything changes.

Oh wow now I am really interested. Those are in excellent shape. Should get you a premium for sure. Let me know once they are listed (I'll probably will find it anyways through my saved searches)

Jul 28 at 6:40:02 PM
Skorp (39)
(Bryan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Btw Drill Dozer would sell around $100 - $120. That is how much I paid for mine as well as some other people. I've seen it for sale for years at $180 and no one bought it. Also America's Test Kitchen probably $10 for that one.

Edited: 07/28/2019 at 06:40 PM by Skorp

Jul 28 at 7:12:04 PM
coffeewithmrsaturn (366)
(Chris ) < Bowser >
California
I'll take Kirby Nightmare if it has a full back sticker.

Have any GBA NFR games with back stickers for sale or trade?  See my want list below :)
My WTB: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it."  --Upton Sinclair