Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Let's Play Gaming Expo, August 1st-2nd, Dallas, Texas, y'all. Latest Announcement: Uploading Videos

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:35:37 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Well, after a couple years of traveling the country and going to conventions, I've decided to throw my hat in the ring (along with a handful of other DFW collectors/gamers/enthusiasts) and will be hosting a convention at the end of the summer.

I'm proud to announce the Let's Play Gaming Expo!

http://letsplaygamingexpo.com...

The focus here is on the gaming. I was a gamer, then I became a collector, and I find myself going back to the gaming again.

As of now, we have around 70 arcades confirmed, and a national Smash Tournament that will be streamed live. I'm in talks with Tusk about a Tetris tie-in, and I'm also talking with the Tecmo guys about setting up a tournament. I've been told we have a healthy Tecmo community here, so I'm pretty pumped about that.

There will also be free play consoles and I'm hoping to have a hall of crazy/odd games like MACS, Typing of the Dead, probably a Power Pad or two. Table space for the card gamers. And not to mention vendor tables!

I'll keep people posted here, probably daily like an asshole to help get the word out on this thing, but I'd like to get some all of NA to come out! I talked with Dain, and NA will have a booth there. I will be selling all my doubles... that's right, everything I have that is a double will be sold. There's a couple other guys I've already talked with about setting up shop, and I'll reveal them as they come along. Right now, I know DivingNinja and myself will be the NA team, for sure!

Well, I started the grill and it's time to eat dinner, so I'll leave this here to get the ball rolling. Prices to follow, as picking out someone to take everybody's money is a sonofabitch. We're in the process of haggling, but I have a feeling Paypal is going to win out.

Let's Play, mang!

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 08/24/2015 at 06:04 PM by Ferris Bueller

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:43:48 PM
Viper0hr (81)
(Ryan R) < Ridley Wrangler >
Florida
Hell yeah, I may have to make a drive to Texas!

Jan 16, 2015 at 7:47:05 PM
acromite53 (21)
(Evan ) < Lolo Lord >
Texas
Awesome! I will definitely be there. It sounds like a great time!

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:53:28 PM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
Sweet, man! Stupid school keeping me from going to all these cool conventions...

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:12:25 PM
rick weis (21)
(Rick weis) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
"5th Annual Tetris world championships 2014"?

don't you mean 6th Annual and the year 2015?

Rick

http://NWCGE.org...

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:52:50 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
This might be a great way to take a little vacation with the GF. I have never been to texas

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:33:46 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
It's official like a referee with a whistle! Announced on The Facebook, we're the first ever qualifier for a spot in the Classic Tetris World Championship at PRGE. 

Here's the down and dirty. Score high enough at Let's Play Gaming Expo's Tetris tournament, and we'll fly you to Portland where our good friend Uncle Tusker will let you play against the best! And possibly Dain!

Let the hype begin!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Jan 22, 2015 at 3:59:31 AM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
I HAVE to go to this!

Jan 24, 2015 at 1:56:48 PM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas
Can't wait bud. I wish my tetris skills were better.

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:51:35 AM
khog143 (73)
(Kevin Holbrook) < El Ripper >
Texas
Sounds awesome. Hope I can make it, but I might be at a wedding in Hawaii at that time.

Jan 26, 2015 at 6:53:52 PM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
Dude! This is going to be awesome!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Jan 28, 2015 at 1:25:52 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Well, back from MagFest! I'll be doing major updates and hyping now that I'm back! So many new and great ideas thanks to Mag!

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:42:28 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Oh man, things are lining up. Can't wait to start making official announcements!

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:41:09 PM
shipwrekd (192)
(charlie brown) < Lolo Lord >
Ohio
ok I am for sure coming down ....any lodging deals with this show ......I am so looking forward to seeing all my friends again

Don't worry about my grammer I have a redneck waiver...
I never find nuttin'

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:14:43 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Working on it. Remind me to post it next week. Offered to do the ezine and it's almost done, but eating up all my free time.

Feb 25, 2015 at 3:47:59 PM
Philosoraptor (52)
< King Solomon >
Texas
This sounds like a good time. Can't wait for the official announcement. I figured it was only a matter of time until I ran into you at one of these local events. I apparently just missed you at Retropalooza.

Edited: 02/25/2015 at 03:48 PM by Philosoraptor

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:18:08 PM
Mario's Right Nut (352)
(Cunt Punch) < Bowser >
Texas
Damn. I bet this is a bitch to organize. I might just have to attend.

Good luck with everything. Keep us posted!!

This is my shiny thing, and if you try to take it off me, I may have to eat you.

Check out my dev blog.

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:54:03 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Got a super sweet panel to announce. I'm really excited about this one. Haven't quit seen anything like it at the other conventions/expos/festivals I've been to.

Lost Save: The History of Game Preservation
A reflection on lost videogame history and what is being done to preserve content.
Presented by Ryan Cassidy & Matt McEniry

How many video games have you played in your life? For many gamers, the number is in the hundreds, yet the first few games played always make a special impact. Where are those games today and how easy would it be to play them again? As it turns out, older video games are increasingly being ignored for the latest and greatest edition, and they are in jeopardy of being unplayable permanently.

Two Texas Tech librarians, Ryan Cassidy and Matt McEniry, will take on the challenge of explaining the past, present, and future of game preservation in their panel. They’ll be discussing the history of our gaming heritage, how organizations, universities, and collectors are working to preserve it, and improvements to technical advancements in emulation and streaming in an effort to create a living record of the play through for games that have otherwise been or may be lost.

Mar 5, 2015 at 7:46:33 PM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Please put me down for a maybe I would really like to meet some of you in person

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Mar 6, 2015 at 1:00:26 AM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
Normally I would not even consider this due to location but, given my current situation, I am seriously considering making the trip.

Mar 8, 2015 at 12:11:53 AM
Megamanfan (174)
(Andy Lynch) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
I saw for $1,500 I can be a star wooo. If I go maybe I will bring something mega rare.

When the going gets tough the tough get gaming
Click Link below for my for sale thread

http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&...

Apr 3, 2015 at 1:29:15 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Big announcement coming next week. Along with a new video from Super! BitCon.

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:07:39 PM
Supraguy88t (17)
(Christian I) < Eggplant Wizard >
Texas
We are now on the list!
http://conventionawarenesstx.blog...

IRVING, TX 
                     August 5th - 6th

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=32&th...

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:24:55 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Making announcments over on Stalkerbook.  

Originally posted by: Let's Play Gaming Expo

When's the last time you had to do signature confirmation for Virtual Boy games?

Just before we left for the Midwest Gaming Classic last weekend, we got a mysterious package in the mail. Two Virtual Boy games, no labels. Not sure what we just got into, but I like the air of mystery. Thanks, mystery shipper!

Now, who has a working Virtual Boy?

Edited: 04/15/2015 at 10:30 AM by Ferris Bueller

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:35:36 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
These two guys got some sweet prizes from us at RetroFest this past weekend in Ft. Worth.

RetroFest Shake

Edited: 04/20/2015 at 08:16 PM by Ferris Bueller