NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Selling out starting to part everything out, spreadsheet attached

LOCKED TOPIC

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:09:12 AM
chromableedstudios (14)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
What does a n64 set go for these days? Haven't seen one of those posts in a while.

I should clarify, none of those were really my estimate--just saying you should list at the top of the ad how you got to your number by breaking it into major parts. It's hard to get a sense of what the lot is from the paragraphs.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:11:29 AM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
Have to agree with pegboy on this one. I think the price is really high considering the lack of games and the randomness of all the other stuff. Great items/collection, but a very tough sell with all the odds and ends and magazines. I personally think you'd have a hard time getting half of what you're asking. The 64 carts, signs, and cabinets are a sure sell, but a lot of the other stuff would be hard to dump in one go without taking a huge hit on price in my opinion. Regardless, good luck with the sale. As stated above, might be best to sell the big ticket items that will go for a lot and then start selling the more common related stuff in lots.

-------------------------
Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:12:13 AM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
GVN has a loose set at $4300. Obviously varying condition and fakes that make it through their filter probably understates the value.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:15:26 AM
rdools (91)
(Rick Dools) < Lolo Lord >
Ontario
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

Originally posted by: chromableedstudios

Is this the $1000 Zelda? I don't know figures

https://picclick.co.uk/Nintendo-Legend-of-Zelda-Link-E3-Stat...

Clearly is the Zelda since it's Oxmox and looks identical.

Never seen it for that cheap... the few I've seen were $800-1000.

Also, yeah your estimate of the N64 is way low... I know that for a fact.  The fact I do not know (as I stated) is if this is worth how much I'm asking.  Again, with the time and effort I put into this setup, and how much I care for it, that's why I threw my estimate on it.  Again, it could very well be worth between 20-30k, but I truly don't think less than 20.  Again, I hardly evaluated the small stuff I have... only the sets and large items.

No worries though.. I did ask for comments on the price, it only helps me out but in the end I will ask what I ask for it.

The reality is that yes you put a lot of time and effort into your collection, and it is a nice collection, but at the end of the day it will be about the value that your collection brings that determines what it is worth. At this price bracket, the value would come from breaking up and selling at retail prices. 

This means that work will need to go into selling and listing (and paying the fees and taxes that you do not want to do). So either you wholesale it at 40-60% for popular stuff , and 20-50% for undesirable stuff of full retail. Or if you want full retail, expect to do the leg work yourself.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:15:28 AM
D~Funk (81)
(David Qualls) < Master Higgins >
Oregon
Definitely sell the WON Super Brite to D-Funk is the advice everyone should be giving!  

"Thats what i am, i'm just a grumpy guy with a big nose."

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 12:17 AM by D~Funk

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:15:43 AM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Also, I know parting out would maximize the money. The time and effort isn't really the issue... it's going over paypal, having it taxed, etc. etc... it wouldn't be bad if everyone sent me money orders, but I know that's against the rules and really out of the question for tons of single sales. Ideally someone picks everything up, hands me cash, and I buy a house... but I know that probably will not happen. I can try, though.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:18:28 AM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario

Also, I know parting out would maximize the money. The time and effort isn't really the issue... it's going over paypal, having it taxed, etc. etc... it wouldn't be bad if everyone sent me money orders, but I know that's against the rules and really out of the question for tons of single sales. Ideally someone picks everything up, hands me cash, and I buy a house... but I know that probably will not happen. I can try, though.

Screw the haters! Shoot for the moon and land among the stars!

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:19:11 AM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Trevor

GVN has a loose set at $4300. Obviously varying condition and fakes that make it through their filter probably understates the value.
$4300 would be if he got market value on every game. I would suspect someone buying it as a lot would want a bulk deal on it, especially if it's cash up front. 

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:21:16 AM
PuppyWaffles (114)
(Matt ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Tennessee
Originally posted by: Gloves

That's why I love gloves...wait that sounds wrong

Got some Japanese N64 CIBs you wanna sell in good condition? I'm probably your guy!

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:22:21 AM
Trevor (15)

< Meka Chicken >
United States
Originally posted by: Tulpa

Originally posted by: Trevor

$4300 would be if he got market value on every game. I would suspect someone buying it as a lot would want a bulk deal on it, especially if it's cash up front. 

I completely agree.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:25:27 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
A

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 12:28 AM by Californication

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:25:50 AM
Californication (34)

< Meka Chicken >
Good luck. I'm sure it was a hard decision. You have some nice pieces.

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 12:28 AM by Californication

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:31:24 AM
Kemp175 (62)
(Dane ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Washington
Nice collection and good luck with sale. That Kirby signed by Aesop is awesome.

Aug 14, 2018 at 12:48:24 AM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
Originally posted by: Kemp175

Nice collection and good luck with sale. That Kirby signed by Aesop is awesome.

Haha... good eye.  I forgot to add that to the "not selling" portion of the listing... defiantly hanging onto that.

Want thread:
Sale thread:

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:31:28 AM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
I have nothing to add other than I'll take that Ogre Battle guide off your hands

Helpful, I know

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Aug 14, 2018 at 1:40:44 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
I'm surprised there is so much talk and drama ITT. I thought the prevailing attitude on this site was to let the market response speak for itself, if you don't like the price then simply move on.

OP I've had your FS thread open in a tab for a few days now while I try to decide what I want and how seriously. Not looking at anything big although I would if I had more space. GLWS and feel free to take your time fielding other offers when I PM you about a small handful of items.

Aug 14, 2018 at 5:58:31 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
I see signs!!!!! Hey man, beautiful collection and very well presented. Good luck with the sale and best of luck on your endeavour!!!!

Aug 14, 2018 at 6:31:46 AM
jonebone (554)
(Collector Extraordinaire) < Luigi >
Maryland
You got at least 10k retail value in signs and displays alone there. But as a casual eye, I dont see a ton of value, but everyone has a very narrow view of pricing. We have our areas of expertise and are oblivious to things outside it. Someone commented 1k for the WON displays or kiosks and that proves my point there.

I would think 30k OBO would get more bites. At 40k most people assume it isn't worth their time. Also verbiage in the listing is important. Right now it reads like I'll kinda sell it, but I'm keeping this and this and it's clear theres a lot of sentimental value. Buyers want to see a listing like "Everything must go!"

Good start though and best of luck.

WTB CIB MINT Games: NES - SNES - N64 - Sega Genesis - Turbografx 16
Last Beat: West of Loathing (Switch)
Now Playing: Overcooked 2 (Switch) / Spider-Man (PS4)
My eBay 10% off on NintendoAge! 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/jonebone...=

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:14:48 AM
AtariJay (0)
(jbob h) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
The 64 seems to be flying off my local store shelves, I could see an owner paying 2,500 to have the inventory.

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:30:01 AM
Quaze (116)
(Jordan C.) < Bowser >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: Gloves

Actually Douglas *pushes up glasses*, the moon is only 380,000 km, while the nearest star is 40,208,000,000,000 km away. Chances are if you shot for the moon and missed, you’d just end up drifting in blackness for the next 40 trillion km. *gigglesnort*

My eBay feedback
"Hey have you guys ever pekt I nx thrn b gh ed g?"

Edited: 08/14/2018 at 07:32 AM by Quaze

Aug 14, 2018 at 7:39:30 AM
behemos (126)
(Endless Mike) < Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: jonebone

You got at least 10k retail value in signs and displays alone there. But as a casual eye, I dont see a ton of value, but everyone has a very narrow view of pricing. We have our areas of expertise and are oblivious to things outside it. Someone commented 1k for the WON displays or kiosks and that proves my point there.

I would think 30k OBO would get more bites. At 40k most people assume it isn't worth their time. Also verbiage in the listing is important. Right now it reads like I'll kinda sell it, but I'm keeping this and this and it's clear theres a lot of sentimental value. Buyers want to see a listing like "Everything must go!"

Good start though and best of luck.

No matter what price you're asking, I just wanted to take a moment and second the post above.  The language and presentation you use is just as important as the price if you want to get bites.  If you're seriously trying to sell this collection (again, at whatever price), you definitely need to take the time and separate out what you want to sell and what you want to keep.  It's an immediate turnoff for me when I reach an ad for a large sale and the first part is dedicated to everything you're NOT selling.  The more effort you put in, the better it'll work out for you.  Have everything in the pictures be available for sale. 

Another thing that will likely hold you back is the part where you have stuff you're not selling but adding to it along the way.  That's a lazy sale.  It doesn't say to me that you're serious, and it also says to me that I have no idea if what I actually want out of your collection will even be available.  Any item in there could be a future "not selling" it addition.  So really, you just need to get everything you want sold in the pictures and take the time to put the other stuff aside.  That way you won't have hagglers trying to include stuff you really want to keep AND you're not turning off prospective buyers.

Other than that, get ALL your highlights up top.  I'd put my top items in bold at the very top.  The all-stars of the collection right away.  Get people licking their chops.  Then hit them with a detailed list below of everything else they'll get.  It'll get them going into the "smaller parts" of your collection already greedy for the great stuff, but it also gives you a chance to reiterate within each subsection the gems that are included.  The more you can remind people of the great stuff they'll be getting, the better.

Last point: Again, in the subsections, never remind the people what they're NOT getting.  You don't have a manual?  So what.  If they ask, tell them.  But the more you focus on what a potential buyer is NOT getting, the more you're turning them away.  You want to continually harp on what they ARE getting.  Highlight the rarest manuals/games you have.  Not the other way around.

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:16:24 AM
neodolphino (179)
(Justin ) < Ridley Wrangler >
Pennsylvania
My biggest suggestion would be to cut the Homebrew stuff from your listing, and offer it up separate, maybe here (you could also put it all up as a lot if you just want to be rid of it). Most collectors/buyers don't really know what homebrews are, and even if they are familiar, 99 times out of 100, they are not going to to assign any/much/near the amount of value that you assign to them (especially with the Homebrew "market" cooling considerably).

Basically, I think including the homebrews is confusing for most buyers, and will end up being frustrating for you. Market them where they are appreciated more.

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:25:45 AM
SoleGooseProductions (129)
(Beau ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
You need to add a disclaimer that the future owner of that book must display it just as nicely  .

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." ~ Blade Runner

SoleGooseProductions.com

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:41:16 AM
rlh (67)
(Richard ) < King Solomon >
North Carolina
Well, the posting was there 10 minutes ago but now it's gone. Did you sell?

Please check out my --> WANT LIST (FIXED!)
~ Trading for a Bit of Everything ~

Aug 14, 2018 at 8:42:31 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Hope things go well.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here