Mr. Verne (0)

(Brago Braghi) < Cherub >
Italy
Maybe ASSEMblergames is interested...

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:35:23 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
The thing is you can never win with this.

I sold my Superman 64 proto for a lot of money, and that takes people bothering you to release the game for free out of the equation.

There are just too many people to "expect" things for free from prototypes, they will say they "would" have paid the money and released it for free, but words mean nothing, it's essentially giving away money. The community always forgets.......there are so many prototypes for NES out there that 1-2 people have had in their collection and everyone forgets that when they play the dump and want more and more for free.....

I don't think there is any difference between ROM community dump and CIB release. It's the same thing essentially, raising funds to pay for the proto. Obviously the box/manual idea is much cooler but you need time for all of that.

-------------------------
www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:32:53 PM
Guntz (115)
< Master Higgins >
Canada
I think a CIB / physical cart release is more popular because it's tangible. I completely understand when someone says paying for the proto isn't very tangible. Besides, all it does is reduce the potential resale value. The proto itself remains unchanged, it's still a one of a kind piece of history.

Feb 4, 2013 at 3:35:05 PM
olivieryuyu (0)

(olivier oli) < Cherub >
United States
N64 repro is not feasible.

Should we have all protos locked in a vault? Dumps are the only way to share history of video games with people.

So please donate. Just see also as a support to 64scener, certainly the best website when it comes to the N64 in my humble opinion

Feb 4, 2013 at 4:02:02 PM
TheRedEye (6)
(Frank Cifaldi) < Meka Chicken >
California
There was no Bio Force Ape fundraiser. I paid $2,000 and Skrybe, a longtime friend and Lost Levels guy, paid the remaining $700-or-so. I believe Chris Covell, who handled the actual bidding, shipping and dumping, may have picked up any extraneous costs related to that.

Also, please don't use me as an example to be compared to when it comes to this stuff. The truth is I've always been terrible with money, throwing it around at stuff like this and not making anything back, and I'm usually in a pretty awful financial state because of it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Edited: 02/04/2013 at 04:29 PM by TheRedEye

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:03:47 PM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
(Richard Smith) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
I'd donate a stack for a physical repro of this version of the game just to have it on my shelf and play it once in awhile.

Otherwise, it's whatever, I can do without. Cool piece

I need the following Xbox games CIB preferred, pm me and I'll throw money at you!
Stubbs the Zombie, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Psychonauts, Sniperelite, Conker Live and Reloaded, Madden '09, Barbie Horse Adventures

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:22:58 PM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
You can't make N64 repros... it can be played on an N64 RAM cart like the 64drive, Everdrive64 or Neo Myth 64

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)

Feb 6, 2013 at 1:40:39 PM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
Originally posted by: TheRedEye

There was no Bio Force Ape fundraiser. I paid $2,000 and Skrybe, a longtime friend and Lost Levels guy, paid the remaining $700-or-so. I believe Chris Covell, who handled the actual bidding, shipping and dumping, may have picked up any extraneous costs related to that.

Also, please don't use me as an example to be compared to when it comes to this stuff. The truth is I've always been terrible with money, throwing it around at stuff like this and not making anything back, and I'm usually in a pretty awful financial state because of it. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I was making an example of Bio Force and NOT you. This is something the community wanted to play very MUCH.

I probably would have donated a few hundred. Threads were created on NA, discussing Bio Force. It was very popular.

Of course you gave it out, for your own reasons. That was NoT my main point.

I also used Mike Tyson Intergalactic and Mr Gimmick as an example. Funds were raised for those.

There is just not alot of buzz around the superman proto. People don't want it bad enough to donate large sums.

Will people ever grasp what I'm trying to say? I feel like Im speaking a foreign language or something. I guess I simply should have left your name out. Sorry Frank

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Feb 6, 2013 at 6:37:15 PM
SlowJamzMixtape (25)
(Richard Smith) < Eggplant Wizard >
Tennessee
then count me out mate

I need the following Xbox games CIB preferred, pm me and I'll throw money at you!
Stubbs the Zombie, Jurassic Park Operation Genesis, Psychonauts, Sniperelite, Conker Live and Reloaded, Madden '09, Barbie Horse Adventures

Feb 9, 2013 at 12:11:11 AM
TheShamblingMound (6)

(S Mound) < Tourian Tourist >
Connecticut
Superman 64 sucks a big one and was released, if it was the Playstation version Id hand you over $250 easily no questions asked.

Feb 9, 2013 at 6:08:59 AM
nesworld (45)
(Martin Nielsen) < Meka Chicken >
Denmark
I think it's safe to closed this thread.... mod?

Longtime webmaster of nesworld.com 
Author of a near complete N64 release list http://www.nesworld.com/n64releaselist.php

N64 Wanted List:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Clayfighters 63 1/3: Sculptor's Cut (I)
StarCraft 64 (CIB) - PAL
Worms Armageddon (CIB) - NTSC
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (Grey NFR Cart)