Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

YES!! Mega Man 5 screw on ebay

Jul 07 at 10:17:14 AM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California
It's arrived and in my hands, so the time to play it cool has passed! Scored this BIN on ebay a few days ago: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Man....
And for those who are curious here are pictures of the board and shell codes: http://imgur.com/gallery/WQcqCBD...
It's in great shape. A little cleanup and I'd say it in VG condition. This was at the top of my want list for years, so I am quite chuffed that I finally got one and didn't pay an arm and a leg for it. I actually feel a bit bad, like I stole something. I'm not losing sleep though hehe.

Edited: 07/11/2019 at 08:12 PM by wyansas

Jul 07 at 10:29:07 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Usually recommended to wait two weeks before linking so you don't get backdoored. Congrats, though! Nice snag.

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 07/07/2019 at 10:29 AM by Ferris Bueller

Jul 07 at 10:29:09 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Congrats! Post the board and the shell codes near the bottom of the inside of the cartridge when you get it....I've been DYING for that information for ages now

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 07 at 10:34:25 AM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California

Jul 11 at 8:00:51 PM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California
bump

Edited: 07/11/2019 at 08:12 PM by wyansas

Jul 11 at 8:03:13 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
I saw when you first posted and I've been keeping an eye on eBay for another 5 screw to replace the one I have that has minor label damage! Awesome score man!

Jul 11 at 8:06:24 PM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California
Thanks for not backdooring me  

Jul 11 at 8:12:38 PM
a3quit4s (24)
< Meka Chicken >
Western Australia
Haha I wasn't looking until you posted you scored one so I wouldn't have! You gave me the idea to keep my eyes out.

Jul 12 at 1:05:36 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Originally posted by: PowerPlayers

Congrats! Post the board and the shell codes near the bottom of the inside of the cartridge when you get it....I've been DYING for that information for ages now

Oh silly Phleo... all you had to do was ask.  I've had this for years and years...
F-16 & B-18

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jul 12 at 1:22:07 AM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California
This one's F-15 and B-18, whatever that means

Jul 12 at 8:14:16 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: Braveheart69

Oh silly Phleo... all you had to do was ask.  I've had this for years and years...
F-16 & B-18

I know you got it, along with some other small but important holes in my little oddball archive of odd Phleo things. but you don’t talk to me like you used to and we’ve grown apart    

Would love to read the date codes on yours too but...

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jul 12 at 8:21:26 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: wyansas

I can’t confirm without a shadow of a doubt, but my theory on this is that those code are the number of the actual mold used to make the shell.

When making the shells they probably use a couple molds at a time, and as time goes on they get worn out and need to be scrapped. The Quality Control folks likely put numbers on the molds to easily identify flaws during production.

Because they used multiple molds at a time a single print run can have any varying number of mold numbers, but they generally should be in the same neighborhood. For example, your Front and Eric’s front are 1 digit off. Not bad.

I believe that as time went on the numbers got higher for later games. They’re sort of a pseudo-quasi-hemi-demi-semi date stamp, and as time goes on in our hobby I think these codes might come in handy eventually (imagine if someone did a back swap on Stadium Events or NWC and it could be caught simply by that little B-x code)

Jul 12 at 8:33:49 AM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States

Originally posted by: wyansas

I can’t confirm without a shadow of a doubt, but my theory on this is that those code are the number of the actual mold used to make the shell.

When making the shells they probably use a couple molds at a time, and as time goes on they get worn out and need to be scrapped. The Quality Control folks likely put numbers on the molds to easily identify flaws during production.

Because they used multiple molds at a time a single print run can have any varying number of mold numbers, but they generally should be in the same neighborhood. For example, your Front and Eric’s front are 1 digit off. Not bad.

I believe that as time went on the numbers got higher for later games. They’re sort of a pseudo-quasi-hemi-demi-semi date stamp, and as time goes on in our hobby I think these codes might come in handy eventually (imagine if someone did a back swap on Stadium Events or NWC and it could be caught simply by that little B-x code)
I worked in injection molding for many years and often the numbers were cavity markings as well since alot of molds were multi cavity so you could have traceability on where it came from. So it could be cavity marking and possibly identifying a mold or manufacturing location or facility. I certainly wish we had some industry input from someone who worked around where these shells were made. Plastic shells like these were incredibly easy to make and mass produce.

For sure a great snag off Ebay!!!

Jul 12 at 10:26:01 AM
captmorgandrinker (572)
(My Dick Smells Like Chapstick) < Bonk >
Ohio

Originally posted by: Braveheart69

F-16 & B-18

I know you got it, along with some other small but important holes in my little oddball archive of odd Phleo things. but you don’t talk to me like you used to and we’ve grown apart    

Yes, I do recall when you were quite inseperable chums.  Time is a cruel mistress indeed.

Jul 12 at 10:33:30 AM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: captmorgandrinker

Yes, I do recall when you were quite inseperable chums.  Time is a cruel mistress indeed.

Jul 20 at 9:29:44 PM
qixmaster (129)
(Josh B) < Wiz's Mom >
Oregon
nice! 52 week of 1987 on the board. three screws were well on their way. venture to say the box print had changed from dr. wright to dr. wily at this point?

eBay listings here

Jul 20 at 10:00:10 PM
mydogsrule (165)

(Jonathan Smith) < Kraid Killer >
Tennessee
Great score! I saw this literally a moment after it
sold. Oh well, congrats

Jul 25 at 7:43:42 PM
wyansas (22)
< Little Mac >
California
Originally posted by: mydogsrule

Great score! I saw this literally a moment after it
sold. Oh well, congrats

This wasn't the most newly listed item in the results when I found it. If I snagged it right before you, I wonder how many people passed it over.

Edited: 07/25/2019 at 07:46 PM by wyansas

Aug 09 at 3:26:50 PM
JKessler00 (8)

(Josh Kessler) < Crack Trooper >
Ohio
Hmm, I've never popped my copy open. I'll have to do that and report back.

Aug 12 at 11:54:40 AM
Woobie (20)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Nice, ha ha I always try to keep an eye out for things like this but since I am in Canada I dont see alot of listings (as people list it to only ship to US). One day I will get the last few 5-screw 3-screw variants im looking for, gotta play the long game though

Sep 02 at 12:03:45 AM
epic_lotus (1)
< Tourian Tourist >
Nice pickup. I see that one recently sold on eBay for ~$1200. Makes me wish I'd kept mine when I had it 10 years ago.

Sep 02 at 3:34:18 AM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia
Originally posted by: epic_lotus

Nice pickup. I see that one recently sold on eBay for ~$1200. Makes me wish I'd kept mine when I had it 10 years ago.

I get the regret and that sounds like a lot, but honestly what is $120 per year? Not much, even at minimum wage. I hope you did what you needed to, and you’re probably better off now. Even if you did something “dumb” with the money at the time, it’s experience gained and perhaps lessons learned, you’re quite probably better off.  

Sep 02 at 12:35:44 PM
epic_lotus (1)
< Tourian Tourist >
Originally posted by: gunpei

I get the regret and that sounds like a lot, but honestly what is $120 per year? Not much, even at minimum wage. I hope you did what you needed to, and you’re probably better off now. Even if you did something “dumb” with the money at the time, it’s experience gained and perhaps lessons learned, you’re quite probably better off.  

Thanks, I appreciate that.  

I definitely over-committed myself at times to my collection.  I'll be keeping a lookout for a bargain copy of Mega Man 5-screw, though.  I wouldn't want to pay $1200 on it, even if I had saved $120 a year for it!

Sep 02 at 6:11:31 PM
gunpei (10)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Federated States of Micronesia

Thanks, I appreciate that.  

I definitely over-committed myself at times to my collection.  I'll be keeping a lookout for a bargain copy of Mega Man 5-screw, though.  I wouldn't want to pay $1200 on it, even if I had saved $120 a year for it!
Haha, certainly not! It is a pretty big chunk of change at once, whether coming or going and however you get it. I just meant, I don’t think it’s enough to worry about something that you did ten years ago. That is also a significant amount.