NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The hell is up with OG xbox games being total crap price-wise

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:36:15 AM
NickTLG (48)
(Nintendo Sage) < Bowser >
Illinois
A. The prices are perfect.
-I wish all consoles had prices like the XBox right now. I'd be in gaming heaven.

B. There are many more great games for the system than people seem to realize for the OG XBox, such as Phantom Dust and Otogi 2.
-Did you know Murakumo was made by FROM Software of Dark Souls fame?
-Just because games like Panzer Dragoon Orta are cheap right now doesn't mean they aren't fantastic games.

C. The best versions of multi-platform games often showed up here.
-XBox versions of games often had the best graphics, smoothest frame-rate, highest resolution, and even in-game extras.
-If you are a fan of the sixth generation at all, getting the XBox versions of your favorite multi-platform games is a no-brainer.

D. When everyone's going right, go left.
-Just look at the comments in this thread! Just because people are thinking this way now doesn't mean they will think this way 5 years from now.
-Collectors are assuming the library is crap without really diving in.
-YouTube videos will expose the hidden gems over time, and the games will become more desirable as people like me gobble them up while they're cheap.
-Such is the way of collecting.
-Don't start collecting XBox after everything got expensive. Grab it while it's cheap and enjoy it.

-------------------------
Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:38:40 AM
Gentlegamer (15)
< El Ripper >
Texas
Originally posted by: Silent Hill

Originally posted by: Gentlegamer

While we're on the subject, how expensive is Metal Wolf Chaos, and will it play on an unmodded US ECKSBAWKS?

It appears to easily be over $100 and seems to work on an american Xbox. 

Hmmmm, I have to ask myself, "is it worth $100 to play as future President Trump on exbawks?"

I fear that I may answer in the affirmative.

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:42:35 AM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

While we're on the subject, how expensive is Metal Wolf Chaos, and will it play on an unmodded US ECKSBAWKS?

Hmmmm, I have to ask myself, "is it worth $100 to play as future President Trump on exbawks?"

Hey, another FROM Software title

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:45:01 AM
Silent Hill (131)
(A-A-Ron ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cirellio

Hey, another FROM Software title

I edited my original response as I don't beleive it will work on a US Xbox

Nov 17, 2015 at 9:53:29 AM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
1. Buy og games for cheap
2. Put in tupperware box in attic
3. Wait 10 years
4. Profit

"How to get rich on Xbox games"

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:05:06 AM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio
Originally posted by: cirellio

C. The best versions of multi-platform games often showed up here.
-XBox versions of games often had the best graphics, smoothest frame-rate, highest resolution, and even in-game extras.
-If you are a fan of the sixth generation at all, getting the XBox versions of your favorite multi-platform games is a no-brainer.

I agree with you, and I wanted to share something that floundered me that involved this point. From 2001-2013, I worked in the video gaming room of an anime convention(SugoiCon). We brought our own game systems and games, most of the time. Well, we were mostly Xbox fans. We heard complaints to no end about not having the "superior" Playstation 2/3 version of certain games. Most of us owned PS2/3's, and knew firsthand it was BS. There was such an "everything is better because it's Japanese" attitude. Sure, it was an anime convention, but most of the crowd were casual folks, not everyone were hardcore otakus. I'd hear most of the Xbox complaints from regular-Joe looking gamers. The super mega cosplay kids were all hyped up on Smash Bros and didn't notice we even had other systems. 

But overall, the general consensus over several years and different crowds/locations, was that Sony was just better because it was Japanese, like the art of video gaming is exclusive to Japan or something. I'm no trying to sound racist, but I think there is a stigma among a decent chunk of the gamer community over American game systems versus their Japanese competitors. Sort of in the way you go to a real Italian restaurant for good Italian food, not the one run by an American family of Eastern European decent or something. American-made video games just have this extra hurdle they have to get over.

I see Playstation collectors all the time, but Xbox? Bah. The prices of games tells you what the gaming community thinks of them. 

Maybe I'm overthinking this. 

My FS/FO thread: http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 10:11 AM by Jandrem

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:08:16 AM
teh lurv (118)
< King Solomon >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: Jandrem

Star Wars Battlefront 2 has been sitting in the $40-ish range for a while. There are tons of games that are really good, from well-known brands(X-Men Legends 2) that don't command nearly the price. Just makes collecting that much easier!

Microsoft dropped the XBox like a lead balloon in 2006 when the 360 was launched, so games released around that time like Battlefront 2 and Outrun Coast2Coast never got a full print run. If I wanted to seriously build my XBox collection, I'd start with collecting those XBox EoL games first.

My son... gives me Helpful Nintendo Hints that are far too complex for the adult mind to comprehend. Here's a verbatim example: "OK, there's Ganon and miniature Ganon and there's these things like jelly beans and the miniature Ganon is more powerfuller, because when you touch him the flying eagles come down and the octopus shoots red rocks and the swamp takes longer." And the hell of it is, I know he's right. - Dave Barry

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:12:36 AM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio
Originally posted by: teh lurv

Star Wars Battlefront 2 has been sitting in the $40-ish range for a while. There are tons of games that are really good, from well-known brands(X-Men Legends 2) that don't command nearly the price. Just makes collecting that much easier!

Microsoft dropped the XBox like a lead balloon in 2006 when the 360 was launched, so games released around that time like Battlefront 2 and Outrun Coast2Coast never got a full print run. If I wanted to seriously build my XBox collection, I'd start with collecting those XBox EoL games first.

That game is a total bitch to find. Great idea btw. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:13:36 AM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio

Yeah, but a lot of titles from that era aren't worth jack either. Battlefront 2 kind of stands on it's own. I can't even fully explain why it's so expensive, other than it was just a really solid Star Wars game with great multiplayer.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:15:56 AM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio

Yeah, but a lot of titles from that era aren't worth jack either. Battlefront 2 kind of stands on it's own. I can't even fully explain why it's so expensive, other than it was just a really solid Star Wars game with great multiplayer.

Xbox was the best version, and had 4 controller ports. Outrun 2006 isn't cheap either. Shit, Madden 09 was the last game released and it's over $20. He's got a good point. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:17:15 AM
Daria (29)
(Alexandria Sanchez) < King Solomon >
Florida
My port hierarchy from that generation goes: xbox, gamecube, ps2.

I'm still mad that Silent Hill 3 was a PS2 (and PC) exclusive.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois
Yeah, Outrun 2006 and Outrun Coast-to-Coast are both fanstastic games, true arcade experiences imo. I still haven't seen a Coast-to-Coast in my hunting and have only seen Outrun 2006 pop up twice.
When Outrun 2006 DID pop up, I didn't know how awesome it was yet and passed on them >.<

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:17:54 AM
Jandrem (6)
(Josh ) < Kraid Killer >
Ohio

Xbox was the best version, and had 4 controller ports. Outrun 2006 isn't cheap either. Shit, Madden 09 was the last game released and it's over $20. He's got a good point. 

Yeah, true. I'll admit I was pretty well onto the 360 at that point myself. Traded my original Xbox in for a 360 back then, actually. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:21:03 AM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio
Originally posted by: Daria

That is odd, would have been a great port I'm sure. 

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:23:02 AM
Daria (29)
Florida

Xbox had SH2 with the expanded content that didn't show up on PS2 until the GHs release. Plus SH4: The Room. It mades no sense for Konami to have skipped 3.

Check out DariaPlaysRPGs on Youtube for Reviews on translated, homebrew, and classic RPGs.

Looking to buy a copy of Shining Force Genesis - Complete in excellent condition

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 10:23 AM by Daria

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:36:36 AM
th0rpe (36)
(JT ) < King Solomon >
Ohio
I love the OG xbox, and would like to collect more for it... But there isn't shit around me
Someone hook me up

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:46:35 AM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio

Xbox had SH2 with the expanded content that didn't show up on PS2 until the GHs release. Plus SH4: The Room. It mades no sense for Konami to have skipped 3.

Especially since SH2 & SH4 both released close if not on their PS2 release date.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:47:37 AM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio
Originally posted by: th0rpe

I love the OG xbox, and would like to collect more for it... But there isn't shit around me
Someone hook me up

Come on up this way, there's a fair amount to go around.

Nov 17, 2015 at 10:56:49 AM
NickTLG (48)
Illinois

Originally posted by: th0rpe

Someone hook me up

Come on up this way, there's a fair amount to go around.

@Th0rpe - Got a wishlist?

Instagram
Wishlist

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:13:13 AM
Crabmaster2000 (59)
(K P) < Lolo Lord >
British Columbia
I always purposely grab multi platform games on either the PS2 of GCN solely because of how much I hate the controller for the system. I only pick up exclusive games to play on it and just try and do my best to enjoy the game despite that junky Gamepad.

Want to see someone barely eke through a whole pile of NES games? Check out my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2000C...

300+ NES games beaten since October 2011

Co-Host of the Rfgeneration Collectorcast:

http://rfgenerationcollectorcast....
677/677 Licensed NES Games
94/94 TG16 Games

Nov 17, 2015 at 11:16:07 AM
Daria (29)
Florida
Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

I always purposely grab multi platform games on either the PS2 of GCN solely because of how much I hate the controller for the system. I only pick up exclusive games to play on it and just try and do my best to enjoy the game despite that junky Gamepad.

What exactly did you hate about the controller?

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:20:19 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas

Originally posted by: Crabmaster2000

What exactly did you hate about the controller?
I would agree that the "Duke" controller is horrible, but the "S" is one of my favorites!

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Edited: 11/17/2015 at 12:22 PM by theirontoupee

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:20:33 PM
1337bcc1991 (215)
(Brandon ) < King Solomon >
Michigan
First I will say, and I know "WTF" is usually paired with a complaint... but I am hardly complaining about the games being so cheap. If I bought solely the XBOX lot for what I thought was a good price, got home and researched prices, and found out I paid more for the lot than it's actually worth while I thought I was getting a good price... THEN I would complain outright, but to you saying "why are you complaining"... I'm not.

I was genuinely curious as to why the prices are shit right now. This thread got a lot more response than I thought it would within several hours, and there are a lot of knowledgeable responses in here (which I counted on)... so thanks for that; I have more insight now on the topic for sure.

I have decided that I am keeping a handful of titles (KOTOR I + II, Stubbs, Ninja Gaiden + NG: Black, and Shenmue II) and selling the rest off.

Want thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...
Sale thread:
http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:22:26 PM
theirontoupee (53)
< Bowser >
Texas
I would venture to guess another factor is just branding. The xbox was new to the game and Playstation already had a huge following. I was maybe one of three of my friends that had an xbox instead of the PS2 simply because they all thought the PS2 was so much better and amazing.

WTB Thread (Always looking for Exertainment related items)

FO/FT Thread - Xbox, PS1, Gamecube, and more!

NintendoAge Official Exertainment Thread!!!

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:28:57 PM
Silent Hill (131)
Ohio
Originally posted by: 1337bcc1991

First I will say, and I know "WTF" is usually paired with a complaint... but I am hardly complaining about the games being so cheap. If I bought solely the XBOX lot for what I thought was a good price, got home and researched prices, and found out I paid more for the lot than it's actually worth while I thought I was getting a good price... THEN I would complain outright, but to you saying "why are you complaining"... I'm not.

I was genuinely curious as to why the prices are shit right now. This thread got a lot more response than I thought it would within several hours, and there are a lot of knowledgeable responses in here (which I counted on)... so thanks for that; I have more insight now on the topic for sure.

I have decided that I am keeping a handful of titles (KOTOR I + II, Stubbs, Ninja Gaiden + NG: Black, and Shenmue II) and selling the rest off.

Got a list?