Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer Story Behind the Fake Stadium Events from The Actual Buyer

Mar 17, 2014 at 9:41:36 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Tanooki

Have you attempted to get the police involved on this with a report due to your evidence?  This is completely mail fraud among other things.

This. The minute he mailed it, he was fucked. Unless he did UPS or fedEx...

-------------------------

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:38:36 AM
bigbacon (13)

(chad c) < Eggplant Wizard >
West Virginia
All i hope is the dude never got to pull the money from paypal or if he did, he is sitting on a -2300 balance and a frozen account until its paid. Pretty sure paypal won't just eat 2300 bucks either.

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:53:26 AM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Update as of 3/17/14

I submitted all my evidence to paypal and so has the seller. I received an email back from Paypal telling me to return the items to the seller ( Josh Browning) and I will be getting a full refund including shipping.

I am glad to see paypal made the right decision. I hope alot of people read my story and does not make the same mistake I made.

Clint

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 11:53 AM by 10bigballer

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:55:48 AM
Dochrohan (10)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
< Kraid Killer >
Netherlands
Originally posted by: 10bigballer

Update as of 3/17/14

I submitted all my evidence to paypal and so has the seller. I received an email back from Paypal telling me to return the items to the seller ( Josh Browning) and I will be getting a full refund including shipping.

I am glad to see paypal made the right decision. I hope alot of people read my story and does not make the same mistake I made.

Clint

Regardless are you going to pursue him legally and get a mark on his record? I would.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:03:54 PM
Slayter (61)
< Ridley Wrangler >
Maryland
Here's an idea. When you package up the items for return, fill it with those wire-coil snakes and compress them down so when he re-opens it they all fly out in his face. Maybe he'll have a heart attack.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:04:33 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
I am going to be contacting the state of Ohio and look at what I can do about pressing charges, since he attentional sold this game to me know it was fake.

Also, I posted my story on a number of retro facebook groups and I have had over 10 different individuals who I have never met before tell me they would be willing to write an affidavits if needed on how Josh Browning has been kicked out of their groups for trying to rip off individuals. This will look really good in court since I have never met any of these people before.

In my opinion if you want to screw someone over for 2300 on purpose, you deserved  to be punished legally.

Clint

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:35:53 PM
Tanooki (185)
(The Wind Waker) < Bonk >
Kentucky
Since you have that many willing to help out with their own proof of potentially criminal activity and since it's not all within the state of Ohio, state police would be a place to start and get an opinion, but odds are this is getting into state-FBI branch office communication since he's screwing people through interstate commerce and mail fraud. Perhaps he needs to be made example of dropping the soap in the federal pokey or at least with a record so he can't vote or find a worthwhile job again for life.

Mar 17, 2014 at 12:53:12 PM
vintiques (2)
(DRUCIFER ) < Crack Trooper >
Oklahoma
Clint is a good guy and was just a little too trusting, glad to hear paypal favored on your side. Now that you are getting that money back you can spend it on my games at Super BitCon in a few weeks.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:06:29 PM
evansparce (1)
(Evan ) < Cherub >
New York
What a colossal piece of shit, scum of the earth... Regardless of whether he knew it was fake or not, he's completely responsible for selling fake goods. What he did is a serious crime, a felony i believe, serious fraud that could result in jail time/fines/record for the rest of his life, and he deserves every bit of it. I saw his original post on FB, i remember what a douche this guy is, i had multiple friends contact him trying to buy it and one buddy talked to him on the phone and wanted to meet in person. The guy then backed out and never contacted him again. There's no doubt he knew exactly what he was doing. Glad you got your $$ back. Take a laxative and splatter all his games before you box and send it back to him jk lol, i would almost consider doing that cuz of how appalling his actions were. Keep us posted bro. 

**hahaha i joined on 4/20...how appropriate/awesome lol**

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 01:35 PM by evansparce

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:37:49 PM
gunstar9 (1)
< Eggplant Wizard >
United States
I cannot stand assholes like this. I've been an Ebay seller for a long time, have ran a local game store in the past, and am just now getting into making repros. This guy negatively impacts the gaming community in so many ways.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:51:16 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Funny how the popularity of Stadium Events is killing the desirability of it.

It really sucks you got scammed man, I think we're at the point now that anything valuable *MUST* be opened before pirchased.

You should be able to get a refund though.

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Mar 17, 2014 at 1:54:11 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
Thanks everyone for your input. Drew, you know I am going to be spending alot at SBC. I will be hitting up your table for sure, you always have a good selection of games!!!

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:01:48 PM
markfothebeast (0)

(Jack K) < Tourian Tourist >
Minnesota
This is the part where I hope you receive your hard earned money back. Basically, this guy stole money out of your pocket. I would continue to press charges. Put this guy in jail for awhile to make an example out of him.

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 02:06 PM by markfothebeast

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:08:37 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Funny how the popularity of Stadium Events is killing the desirability of it.

Not so much the popularity but the likelihood of any given copy being fake, kind of like the joke about how there were enough pieces of the "true cross" relic to build an entire cathedral.

I think we are getting to the point where a copy stuck randomly in a lot is suspect, since people looking to unload NES carts would research the titles a bit more.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:33:57 PM
Friendsfa26 (0)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Netherlands
just make sure that when sending the fake back,
you have this scammer sign for it upon arrival,
otherwise he might be able to claim he never received it,
possibly prompting paypal to not give you a refund?

Collection as of april 29th 2018

- NES Sealed Games Total: 2
- NES NIB/CIB Games Total: 28
- NES Loose Carts Total: 139/366 (incl. label differences)
- NES Manuals Total: 66
- Game Boy Loose Carts Total: 27

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:47:26 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
I paid little over 2300 for the package. I am going to be shipping it back priority with insurance for the amount I paid. Even thou their was a fake stadium events in their I believe I still need to insure the package for the amount I paid. With the insurance amount being over 250 he is going to have to sign for it to pick it up.

I should be able to get my refund once it arrives at the post office even if he decides not to go pick it up.

I will be contacting Zanesville PD later this week and see what my options are to file a police report against him for fraud.

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:50:00 PM
OnDiscDLC (0)
< Cherub >
Texas
The fact that he said he didnt know what he had yet he pictured stadium events 4 times is what blows my mind 10bigballer you went full retard how can you be so reckless how new are you at collecting?

love and vidya 

Mar 17, 2014 at 2:56:51 PM
Tulpa (2)
< Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: OnDiscDLC

The fact that he said he didnt know what he had yet he pictured stadium events 4 times is what blows my mind

He posted somewhere in the auction that he put up the Stadium Events pics in response to messages asking about it.

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20:27 PM
10bigballer (0)

< Cherub >
I did not know at the time that the Josh Browning I was talking to on Ebay/paypal was the same guy who posted the pictures of stadium events with a real Nintendo board on facebook a month before. I just knew the seller as Josh.

I was not able to put both pieces together until I saw him name on the return address on the package. The name clicked out to me becasue I remember asking a josh browing on Facebook a price for his Stadium events and a picture of the board, which he sent me.  I was also going to buy an orange n64 from josh on facebook during the same time he posted the stadium events pictures. HE sent me his paypal through facebook.  The paypal address on facebook tied back to same guy I bought the stadium events from.   So right then and their I knew the guy who posted the stadium events on facebook was the same guy I was dealing with now. I knew all the stories about "his mom finding the games and how he had no clue stadium events was worth so much" was all lies.

I made the biggest mistake by believe his story on how he came across the game, and by not acting for a picture of the board.  I just have to realize their people out there who are going to screw you over on purpose.   

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 03:38 PM by 10bigballer

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:39:06 PM
tkm015 (3)

< Eggplant Wizard >
Cliffs: South Zanesville.

I hate to stereotype but it's not exactly known for being a nice area of the state/county/town. Good luck getting the PD to understand your problem, but you never know.

Funny thing...I saw an auction a few weeks back for something that I really wanted, but saw the seller was in South Zanesville and that was enough to convince me to pass...especially since they didn't have actual pics up. I should check to see if it was the same guy.

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 03:40 PM by tkm015

Mar 17, 2014 at 4:19:49 PM
Drippy (87)
< Kraid Killer >
United States
Wow, the Dino Peak, and now this? There really doesn't seem to be a shortage of asshats running around in this hobby. Though, I'm glad both situations were resolved the right way (Paypal giving the buyers their money back). More power to you if you decide to pursue legal action. On top of the pending action on the fake Dino Peak situation, this should really help in deterring other scumbags from trying to scam with fake / misrepresented games.

Edited: 03/17/2014 at 04:20 PM by Drippy

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:17:53 PM
Sp0rtz (12)
< Meka Chicken >
Alberta
Originally posted by: DarkTone

Originally posted by: Sp0rtz

To be honest I was interested in this auction as well and I emailed the seller southtownhero82. I asked if he could take me pictures of the board and send them to me. The response I got was "why do people keep asking me this, I just want these games gone". That was enough of a red flag for me. No one selling games or other wise would ever respond like that.
That reply killed it! Can't believe someone said that.

When I get home I'll screen cap it send post it

Always looking for "minty" loose nes games.  If you have some PM me!
***I have a USA Shipping Address as well***

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:25:56 PM
Rock1981 (62)
(Rocky Rittberger) < Meka Chicken >
Ohio
Zanesville is not that bad i live there and sell on here and ebay,but what he did to clint was wrong,he should be punished,

Want to buy snes games

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:48:31 PM
Trj22487 (25)
< Bowser >
New Hampshire
At what point do these scam artists realize they need to make the fake board look real to pass these off? And how screwed are we then?

Mar 17, 2014 at 5:56:23 PM
PolarBear (8)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(John Williams) < Meka Chicken >
United States
So you were greedy, and got caught by someone greedier than you.