Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Earthbound Prototype for NES

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:56:45 PM
ExplodedHamster (183)
(Joe Dirt) < King Solomon >
United States
Congrats! But damn, would I be nervous shipping this halfway across the world. Good luck, hope everything ends ok!

Are Final Fantasy and Dragon Warrior fans this insane? I'm tempted to throw my protos up for 5 figures obo...

Edited: 07/19/2017 at 10:59 PM by ExplodedHamster

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:11:44 PM
Jacob4546 (0)

< Cherub >
It made it to Japan last night and the buyer is super happy with it!

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:15:10 PM
Sign Collector Guy (8)
< Ridley Wrangler >
United States
Originally posted by: Jacob4546

Sold for 7150. The first time it went for 8200 but the bidder backed out and so did the next in line via second chance offer. I relisted it and was hit up in a couple hours by the 3rd in line who said he still wanted it for his earlier 7150 offer and I accepted. I just dropped it off at the agency thats shipping to him in japan today and I am glad to not have it anymore, to much stress haha. Also the drama that unfolded when I sold it on a few facebook groups was unreal. So many people talking mad shit about me and calling me a fraud/mad I didnt sell it to them instead, this one guy in particualr was convinced I was fake bidding up the price on ebay and he would not let it go. Talking so much shit it was honestly hilarious to me. I shouldnt be suprised that some retro gamers are very childish but it was way over the top with some of them. Im glad its over. Also it went to a real legit Earthbound collector so its in a great home
Been following this. Sounds like it all worked out and it found a great home!!

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:31:59 PM
Jacob4546 (0)

< Cherub >
yeah, dude it went to is a legit EB fan, he has Prototypes for the SNES version as well.

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:55:10 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: Jacob4546

Sold for 7150. The first time it went for 8200 but the bidder backed out and so did the next in line via second chance offer. I relisted it and was hit up in a couple hours by the 3rd in line who said he still wanted it for his earlier 7150 offer and I accepted. I just dropped it off at the agency thats shipping to him in japan today and I am glad to not have it anymore, to much stress haha. Also the drama that unfolded when I sold it on a few facebook groups was unreal. So many people talking mad shit about me and calling me a fraud/mad I didnt sell it to them instead, this one guy in particualr was convinced I was fake bidding up the price on ebay and he would not let it go. Talking so much shit it was honestly hilarious to me. I shouldnt be suprised that some retro gamers are very childish but it was way over the top with some of them. Im glad its over. Also it went to a real legit Earthbound collector so its in a great home

Thanks for posting this info. Also for me Facebook groups are worthless besides reminders when stuff goes up for preorder. 

-------------------------

Jul 31, 2017 at 2:59:43 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
Nice to see it all worked out. I haven't really had any desire to sell mine, though I think if I ever did it would probably mean I would be selling my entire collection.

Aug 3, 2017 at 6:15:40 PM
romiked2689 (60)
< Lolo Lord >
Maryland
Originally posted by: zeldaboy

Nice to see it all worked out. I haven't really had any desire to sell mine, though I think if I ever did it would probably mean I would be selling my entire collection.

Yours I would have interest in but I understand what you're saying