Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Broke my first rare trade in (one of the rarest Gameboy color games)

Jun 13 at 2:32:45 PM
ASAP_Zonk (4)
(AJ ) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
Yesterday this came to my shop. I been open for two weeks only and to get this is shocking since around me theirs a few other game stores. 

But wow.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mA4CJbc
this isn't going in my shop it's going home with me will hold it for a future trade.

-------------------------
Owner of Zonk's Retro Games 178 Main St Butler NJ 

Jun 13 at 2:53:06 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
Hopefully it's a sign of what's to come through your doors!

Just curious, do you plan on keeping most/all big finds off the store floor? I've been to stores before that I know get good items but won't put them out. They'll either keep them for their collections or sell exclusively online. It's kind of depressing as a customer since I expect to not find rare games for sale at those stores. Even if a store marks their rare games a little high it can draw attention to the store. If it sells, the owner makes a nice profit. If not it's still a good show piece and can be on display until it sells online.

Congrats regardless!

Jun 13 at 2:57:11 PM
Wheelcakes (14)
< Meka Chicken >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: A_Feisty_Pickle

Just curious, do you plan on keeping most/all big finds off the store floor? I've been to stores before that I know get good items but won't put them out. They'll either keep them for their collections or sell exclusively online. It's kind of depressing as a customer since I expect to not find rare games for sale at those stores. Even if a store marks their rare games a little high it can draw attention to the store. If it sells, the owner makes a nice profit. If not it's still a good show piece and can be on display until it sells online.

Congrats regardless!

I agree with this. Maybe hold it on the shelf until you decide to trade it anyways? Congratz on the cool game though!

KDDK Player  

Jun 13 at 3:54:59 PM
ASAP_Zonk (4)
(AJ ) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey

Congrats regardless!

Depends on the game I have a big collection if I get something i have a double that's expansive EX: Pokémon box for GameCube harvest moon snes etc it will Be here

if I don't have I tend to hold on to it. I'm a big Turbo and games aren't cheap for that it's good trade bait but I may just keep this one for the memory. 

Jun 13 at 3:56:38 PM
ASAP_Zonk (4)
(AJ ) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey

Congrats regardless!

All Mario Zelda Pokemon etc are on the floor even a virtual boy Jaguar and turbografx 
 We have on the floor. I had some neo geo games on the floor too. It just depends 

Jun 13 at 4:00:50 PM
A_Feisty_Pickle (6)

(Jeremy ) < Crack Trooper >
Arkansas
Originally posted by: ASAP_Zonk

Congrats regardless!

Depends on the game I have a big collection if I get something i have a double that's expansive EX: Pokémon box for GameCube harvest moon snes etc it will Be here

if I don't have I tend to hold on to it. I'm a big Turbo and games aren't cheap for that it's good trade bait but I may just keep this one for the memory. 

Sweet! Yeah I am sure most game store owners are also collectors so it makes sense for them to hold onto games they want when they come in. Just you mentioning using it for a possible trade in the future made me think you didn't have any real attachment to it. Hopefully some cool Turbo games will walk in someday.  

Jun 13 at 4:04:12 PM
The Strangest (0)
< Tourian Tourist >
Tennessee
When you said "one of the rarest" I was thinking maybe Wendy or Xena, but this is awesome. Congrats!

Jun 13 at 4:23:28 PM
Gloves (110)
(Douglas Glover) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Very nice! That said, by the title I thought you literally broke it lol. Like someone brought something rare in and you accidentally dropped it after buying it or something.  

Jun 13 at 4:29:40 PM
NES Connoisseur (0)
(Nintendo Enthusiast ) < Eggplant Wizard >
North Carolina
Nice

Jun 13 at 4:34:20 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Where is the store? I've been wanting to go but I literally don't even know the name! Put it in your signature or something Man!

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Jun 13 at 4:35:25 PM
Mega Tank (186)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Originally posted by: ASAP_Zonk

Yesterday this came to my shop. I been open for two weeks only and to get this is shocking since around me theirs a few other game stores. 

But wow.

https://imgur.com/gallery/mA4CJbc
this isn't going in my shop it's going home with me will hold it for a future trade.

Just a recommendation, you might want to have a single thread to document your store trade ins!  

Official NA Discord Chat Invite:  https://discord.gg/jEEcv3e

Jun 13 at 4:57:00 PM
dragonwarrior83 (36)
(Nick R) < Meka Chicken >
Georgia
Yeah, you should really list your shop in the signature, I know if I was ever passing through Jersey I would stop in and spend some money even if it was for some common games I need.

Got all 4 Dragon Warriors CIB, Thanks Everyone. Now looking for Dragon Quest ( Famicom ) 1, 2, and 3. Also a box and guide for Earthbound.

Jun 13 at 5:23:08 PM
ASAP_Zonk (4)
(AJ ) < Meka Chicken >
New Jersey
Originally posted by: dragonwarrior83

Yeah, you should really list your shop in the signature, I know if I was ever passing through Jersey I would stop in and spend some money even if it was for some common games I need.
Signature is updated

Jun 14 at 2:47:19 PM
DaneNES (7)
< Meka Chicken >
North Carolina
Was it actually a trade? Did they know what they had? What did you trade? All the other dumb questions nosy people like me ask in these situations?

“Be quiet brain, or ill stab you with a Q-tip” ~Homer Simpson 

Jun 15 at 5:26:58 AM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Well done.

"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here