Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

The Unorthodox Dragon Warrior Collection: The Legend Continues Now a website. Latest post, 5/24/19

Jul 10, 2014 at 12:16:51 AM
Phins (68)
(-P Z T-) < Kraid Killer >
Utah
I sure wish I had this much disposable income

-------------------------
We are soldiers without borders, our purpose defined by the Era we live in; we will sometimes have to sell ourselves and services. If the times demand it, we'll be revolutionaries, criminals, terrorists.
And yes, we may all be headed straight to Hell, but what better place for us than this? It is our only home.
Our Heaven, and our Hell.
This, is Outer Heaven.

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:06:11 AM
UncleTusk (234)
(Wilfred Brimley) < King Solomon >
California
I love that you bought this. Can't wait to see them all or go swimming in them!

Only Brave Souls Click on the Tusk

Short and large run boxes, manuals, maps!  Give your Uncle a call!

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:36:26 AM
Spurgness (11)
(Cody S) < El Ripper >
British Columbia
I'm very glad SJ's dream is being kept alive. I still have to send him the DW cart I drew dicks on then got NA members to sign. Perhaps one day.

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:27:55 AM
lotz-o-boxes (81)
(Peter Kuhlman) < El Ripper >
Illinois
I need to check my game room. Might have a few coming your way! After I beat it of course

Interest check for a Chicago NA gathering! http://nintendoage.com/forum/mess...

Jul 10, 2014 at 10:59:48 AM
Ferris Bueller (231)
(Christian D) < King Solomon >
Texas
Originally posted by: Phins

Yeah, not having any kids helps. And being done collecting. Fun projects like this is how I keep collecting/gaming fresh for me. Plus, it's Dragon Warrior. You guys have no idea.

No shit, I called my mom out a couple years ago when I finally got my copy of DW IV. She refused to buy it for me when it came out because all the prices had dropped on NES, but it was still $60. I told her I paid $40 for it, ten years later, and all I got was the game. 

Here's an updated pic after I did the unboxing...

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Edited: 07/10/2014 at 11:00 AM by Ferris Bueller

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:48:04 PM
zeldaboy (162)
(Andrew DeRouin) < King Solomon >
Florida
And for the next challenge....grind to level 30 on every game!

Jul 10, 2014 at 1:55:08 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

Originally posted by: Phins

Yeah, not having any kids helps. And being done collecting. Fun projects like this is how I keep collecting/gaming fresh for me. Plus, it's Dragon Warrior. You guys have no idea.

I think you have the right idea here.  If someone is done collecting, having reached whatever goals they had previously set, then this is the sort of thing that keeps the fun alive.  Some people might go on to collect other areas (i.e. after finishing the CIB black box set, go for a full set or a N64 collection or whatever), but this is another alternative.  This isn't something I would personally want to do, but if the collector enjoys doing it, then that's what is important, and I enjoy seeing the pics as well.

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:24:09 PM
ZachAttack (1)
< Lolo Lord >
Zimbabwe
Originally posted by: pegboy

Here's what so awesome about all this. No one, and I mean no one, has ever done this before. Sure, people have their NWC and their Stadium Events and other expensive/rare shit, but NO ONE has ever accomplished the 1000 game challenge. There aren't very many collecting goals that haven't been achieved, but this is one of them. Pretty much everyone who's tried it has stopped around the ~500 mark, and most much sooner than that..

I know someone who has over 1000 mario/duck hunts

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:26:16 PM
pegboy (44)
< Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: ZachAttack

Here's what so awesome about all this. No one, and I mean no one, has ever done this before. Sure, people have their NWC and their Stadium Events and other expensive/rare shit, but NO ONE has ever accomplished the 1000 game challenge. There aren't very many collecting goals that haven't been achieved, but this is one of them. Pretty much everyone who's tried it has stopped around the ~500 mark, and most much sooner than that..

I know a guy on these forums was going for 1000 SMB/DH carts too, don't know if it's the same guy you are talking about, but I don't think he reached 1000 yet.  Maybe it's a different guy?

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:28:28 PM
ZachAttack (1)
< Lolo Lord >
Zimbabwe

I know a guy on these forums was going for 1000 SMB/DH carts too, don't know if it's the same guy you are talking about, but I don't think he reached 1000 yet.  Maybe it's a different guy?

It was actually in a store in Columbus Ohio, I forget the name

Edited: 07/10/2014 at 03:28 PM by ZachAttack

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:34:32 PM
Space Jockey (145)
( Xenomorph ) < King Solomon >
Washington

Ihavethatpma is the gentleman you are referring to.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7855-4097-7884

Originally posted by: Space Jockey
Originally posted by: Guntz
On a more serious note, I've played EarthBound today for so long, I feel all tense and mentally worn out.
Then you called your mother and felt better?

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:40:16 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Yeah I ditched my SMB/DH collection. I've seen that a couple of guys in the Seattle area are doing the exact same thing with SMB/DH carts as well, they've each got several hundred.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:45:16 PM
fcgamer (101)

(Dave ) < Bowser >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

Yeah I ditched my SMB/DH collection. I've seen that a couple of guys in the Seattle area are doing the exact same thing with SMB/DH carts as well, they've each got several hundred.
What made you ditch it bro?

-----
Family Bits:  An Unauthorized, Complete Guide to Famicom, Dendy, and Pegasus

https://famicomfamilybits.wordpre...

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:02:52 PM
WickedWonka (97)
(Mike D) < El Ripper >
Texas
Looks like you found some time to clean the game room up! Nice to see the stack!

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:27:16 PM
MrFlutterPie (43)
(Rick Taylor) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
SO.MUCH.WIN!!!!

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:35:51 PM
ihavethatpma (324)
(Doombutt Jazzmouth) < Bowser >
Washington
Originally posted by: tracker465

Originally posted by: ihavethatpma

What made you ditch it bro?

It was fun for a while, then one day I purchased around 40 carts off of someone here, when they arrived they were super mangled and it really bummed me out. Then I looked around and realized that I had 600 copies of the same game and wondered what I was doing with my life, ha.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:49:26 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
My first new copy arrived in the mail over the weekend. A solid donation to the cause, I just covered shipping. I'll be updating the list in the near future.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at the Let's Play Gaming Expo last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh, my WTB thread is very popular. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, Richard craniums - they all adore it. They think it's a righteous thread.
I'd also like to add that I've got my father's gun and a *scorching* price guide for aftermarket Nintendo games.
Between Dragon Warriors and nothing... I'll take Dragon Warriors - for any of my FT/FS/FO items.

Oct 19, 2014 at 6:19:07 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: Ferris Bueller

My first new copy arrived in the mail over the weekend. A solid donation to the cause, I just covered shipping. I'll be updating the list in the near future.

If you are still collecting, I got one for you- shoot me a pm with your info and I will send it over.

Free bump for all the noobies too.

Oct 23, 2014 at 8:33:23 AM
theJudeAbides (0)
(Jude Parrill) < Little Mac >
Minnesota
I always really enjoy these single-game collections, especially the pics. They're just so ridiculous and awesome. I could never see myself doing this, but I like that somebody out there is doing it.

I think that when you reach 1000 carts, you need to build a super-awesome-cool fort out of all of them with a good CRT and NES inside, and then just crawl inside and play Dragon Warrior for like, a month straight. Jobs are for suckers. Dragon Warrior is for LIFE!!

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:23:52 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Someone had been asking me for an update, because they gifted me another copy. I've been pretty slow on this project, but I've added two copies from you guys since I started this thread. Another fifteen I had in my collection, including mine from when I was a kid. Still had my game saved on it. Might max it out for fun.

Let's get this started!

#382-390 - k3vbot (NA)
#391-405 - Ferris Bueller
#406 - ProtoScott
#407 - MrWunderful

Space Jockey sent me four DW hacks, but I'm going to think of those like I would Dragon Warrior II or the like, so an extension but not part of the main collection.

As promised, I went through and started looking at saved states. This is what I have:

#391 - Hercules, _, Lord Cat
#392 - Cory., Cory., Studman
#393 - Brando
#394 - Jason, Scott ., Eric
#395 - Chad, Stephani, Ryna
#396 - D-MAN, MOM, MATT   <---- My copy from childhood
#397 - HARPER
#398 - KYLE, Tink, Cloud
#399 - STIZI
#400 - MIKE, JOEY, JENNIFER
#401 - CHRIS, CHRIS, CHRIS..S
#402 - BADASS, MAXMINI
#403 - STEVE, AAA, TAS
#404 - 
#405 - Dragomus
#406 - GoodLuck, CollectN, Ferris!
#407 - Shawn

Edited: 11/07/2014 at 08:36 AM by Ferris Bueller

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:14:31 PM
thesubcon3 (148)
(Jeffrey Wittenhagen) < King Solomon >
Texas
I will see if I have an extra copy.

Check out VGBS Gaming Podcast, all of my books and other nonsense at:
www.hagensalley.com

Get one of my latest books...The Complete SNES - Definitive Edition! 

https://hagens-alley-books.myshopify.com/collections/hagens-...

Games I am looking for...PM me if you got 'em
Obscure Games for the PC-FX, Vectrex, Neo Geo, MSX
NES Homebrew - Lady Frogger, Blade Buster (with save)

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:32:41 PM
PowerPlayers (87)
(The Phleo) < Bowser >
New Jersey
Okay...I need to ask you something and a collection of this magnitude would really be amazing for tiny data.

How many variants do you have?

How many back code stamps do you have?

I would *LOVE* to sit with a collection like this for a week to look at all the codes on the inside too

Got any of these for sale? Sell them to me. I also buy other NES Publisher inserts, and even GB/GBC, and SNES inserts too.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:38:27 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Awesome thanks for the update. Any more I find are yours!

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:51:58 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
When you hit 1000, you have to go through and beat the game on each cart.

SW-6786-5095-2210

Nov 14, 2014 at 5:58:26 PM
Ferris Bueller (231)
Texas
Originally posted by: JosephLeo

Okay...I need to ask you something and a collection of this magnitude would really be amazing for tiny data.

How many variants do you have?

How many back code stamps do you have?

I would *LOVE* to sit with a collection like this for a week to look at all the codes on the inside too

Someday I'll go through them and give you an update. Probably a year from now.

Edited: 11/14/2014 at 05:58 PM by Ferris Bueller