Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Game Hunting in Washington Any video game finds I pick up from Atari 2600 to PS3

May 4, 2014 at 10:27:59 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Today was interesting...didn't think I'd get anything because my parents have been shying away from thrift stores (mom buys to many clothes lol) but we ended up going to Bremerton of all places so we hit up that Goodwill...I got some nice items.

Bremerton Goodwill:

PS1 Tomb Raider - $2 (CIB, in very good condition..perfect for replacing my beat up one)
PS1 Tomb Raider II - $2 (CIB, great condition)
PS1 Tomb Raider III - $2 (CIB, great condition)
PS1 Metal Gear Solid - $3 (CIB, great condition)
PS1 Heart of Darkness - $3 (CIB, even has the 3D glasses attached to the cardboard)
Xbox Dead or Alive Ultimate Collector's Edition - $5 (CIB)
Xbox Dead or Alive 3 - $5 (CIB)
Xbox Second Sight - $5 (Missing manual)
Xbox Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire - $5 (CIB)
360 Condemned 2: Bloodshot - $5 (CIB)
SNES Fatal Fury - $7
N64 Beetle Adventure Racing - $7

I'm happy about the PS1 games..they're almost new..amazing how well they've been taken care of. I think my prize today was the Condemned 2, been wanting that game for a while. Sadly the N64 game has some video rental stickers on it and marker...it needs some TLC. But I heard it was a hidden gem for the system so why not...plus all the other "retro" games were crappy SNES sports games at 7 bucks a pop. Did pass on a Uniracers only because I have a copy all ready.

-------------------------
My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

My want list: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=56&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

May 5, 2014 at 12:41:04 AM
Entity (83)
(M H) < Lolo Lord >
California
You need to change the title of this thread. Black holes don't have Lunar SSC complete for $1 one day, CIB Zelda games for $2 a couple days later, and Heart of Darkness with the glasses for $3 the day after that. In three days you have surpassed all my finds this year after spending over 400 hours hunting and probably about that number in gas just looking and winding up empty handed.

Originally posted by: RealPlumpBox

All game store re about the same.  yes a few prices vary buy 5 bucks of so, yes they may have that one waaaaay overpriced item.  I personaly dont care.  I would rather go to a game store a help a local business than support some guy on ebay selling shit just to make room or get a quick buck. [...]
I would rather support some guy willing to sell me a game for a good price before they lose 20% to fees before have to pay shipping. I have nothing but respect for Some Guy. He is a hero compared to Local Business Guy who charges way over ebay price for a game he practically stole from someone when he paid them a dollar for a game he knew he could sell for $50 (and is only $40 on ebay).

Want List.
Trade List.

May 5, 2014 at 4:39:06 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: Entity

You need to change the title of this thread. Black holes don't have Lunar SSC complete for $1 one day, CIB Zelda games for $2 a couple days later, and Heart of Darkness with the glasses for $3 the day after that. In three days you have surpassed all my finds this year after spending over 400 hours hunting and probably about that number in gas just looking and winding up empty handed.

Originally posted by: RealPlumpBox

All game store re about the same.  yes a few prices vary buy 5 bucks of so, yes they may have that one waaaaay overpriced item.  I personaly dont care.  I would rather go to a game store a help a local business than support some guy on ebay selling shit just to make room or get a quick buck. [...]
I would rather support some guy willing to sell me a game for a good price before they lose 20% to fees before have to pay shipping. I have nothing but respect for Some Guy. He is a hero compared to Local Business Guy who charges way over ebay price for a game he practically stole from someone when he paid them a dollar for a game he knew he could sell for $50 (and is only $40 on ebay).

Ah but my luck will run out...trust me. It's...fate? I have lucky streaks in my life and then god or whatever takes a dump on my life...it's the circle of my life. The lucky streak will end very soon and the crap will last for a very very long time.

And my personal view on local game stores? Fuck em. Fuck em all. If they didn't hold so many nice items I'd wish they'd all burn down. Charging higher prices for games then ebay BIN prices + our stupid sales tax? Oh go straight to hell and take all your money hungry reselling bastard friends with you. The only local store I like is Al's. The prices are fair, they have a nice selection of games..common, popular and the drool worthy rares, and while the staff might not be chatty...I could care less. I don't like having to talk to people more then what is required.

It's simple and while RealPlumpBox had a bad time with the staff, the time's I've been there the guy will help you if you ask. Maybe it was a different dude then the one he got idk. Such is life...some people are dicks..others arn't. You should try them again in the off chance that you get another guy or maybe he was having an off day.

As you can see from this thread my collection is sustained by yard sales, thrift stores and the odd visit to pawn shops. I hardly ever touch ebay or game stores. I only use ebay for rare stuff or little things like a case/manual that I need to put to a game. I'm a freaking cheapskate who counts my god damn pennys so of course I dislike game stores. They almost never have sales or deals and thats what I like. If I can make a good deal, I feel great about myself and feel ok about the money I spent, so thus I never feel good coming out of those stores. That's the huge issue I have with them. If they had sales or were willing to work deals (like if I'm buying 10 games fucking give me one for free you dumbshits) i'd be more then happy to give them my money.

I was trying to get this across to the guy from Super Smash Games. But he didn't get it or isn't willing to do that. That's why he won't be getting my business. He really lost out because I have money to work with and am more then willing to buy stacks of games. He could get money and move merch. Win win for him but oh well. I might not have made that very clear because...well I'm me. I can't form together clever or clear arguments. He said he never finds deals in game stores...I doubt he's been to Al's. But the point of all of this is all game stores are just over priced, some deals might be had but on a whole it's not worth it. Hunting at yard sales is. Beats online and local game stores...but pawn shops..deals can be made and found still!

My finds thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=10&am...

Trading: Lots of Pokemon cards, broken systems, Final Fantasy figures, Inuyasha figures, older PC games - PM me for more info! Also on the hunt for Earthbound!

(>'.')> I HAVE ASPERGERS, SO IF I SAY SOMETHING THAT SEEMS RUDE, I MIGHT NOT MEAN FOR IT TO BE RUDE!!!! <('.'<)

May 5, 2014 at 10:49:50 PM
CT (2)
< Eggplant Wizard >
California
I love buying vinyl, but I hate record stores.

May 6, 2014 at 7:09:25 AM
GREEN00 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Definitely some nice finds, your cynicism was unfounded after all

Do you have an online collection tracker set up (like Backloggery), so people can look at the entirety of your collection?

My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GRE...

May 6, 2014 at 7:31:15 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: GREEN00

Definitely some nice finds, your cynicism was unfounded after all

Do you have an online collection tracker set up (like Backloggery), so people can look at the entirety of your collection?

Yes but I haven't updated it in forever. I'm currently working on getting my offline collection list up to date so I can work off of that and update my Backloggery. It's taking a while...longer then I thought because I've been ill and I have to keep stopping to help my parents when ever they need me.

May 10, 2014 at 12:35:03 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Well I knew my lucky streak would end. Nothing today...I hope Seattle's huge neighbor hood wide sale tomorrow has a lot of gamers selling their items..wish me luck.

May 11, 2014 at 2:26:16 AM
ZachAttack (1)
< Lolo Lord >
Zimbabwe
why it gotta be black?

May 11, 2014 at 3:11:54 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Spoke too soon but out of the 300+ sales we only hit 100 and of those 100, only 25 had games. The rest I missed out or they just didn't have games to begin with. I did get some nice things though...

Yard sale #1:

Wii Super Mario Galaxy - $4 (CIB)
Wii Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - $4 (CIB)

Yard Sale #2:

GBA Paperboy/Rampage 2 in 1 - $5 (CIB, Box is crushed and banged up)
Genesis Shinobi III - $3
GC Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - $10 (CIB)

Yard Sale #3:

GBA Super Mario Advance 4 (in a DS case with cover art)
GC Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (CIB)
Purple Gamecube with Gameboy Player and Disc (Disc is CIB, even has the slip cover, GC has wires but no controller)
Wii classic controller

All for $20

Yard Sale #4:

Wii The Dog Island - $2.50 (CIB)
Wii Sonic and The Black Knight - $2.50 (CIB)

Yard Sale #5:

Xbox Ninja Gaiden - $5 (CIB)

Yard Sale #6:

360 Gears of War 3 - $2 (Missing manual)
360 Tron Evolution - $2 (Missing manual)

Yard Sale #7:

PS2 Onimusha - $1.50 (CIB)
PS2 Silent Scope 2 - $1.50 (CIB)

Yard Sale #8:

Xbox The Thing (Missing manual)
GC Starfox Adventures (Missing manual)
GC Super Smash Bros. Melee (CIB, suck it resellers)

All for $5

Also 3 action figures I think are related to Metal Gear? I know one is Snake but that's about all I know lol. Buck each.

Yard Sale #9:

PS2 Army Men Soldiers of Misfortune - $1 (CIB)
Wii The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - $1 (CIB)
DS Personal Trainer Cooking - $1 (CIB, thought about giving this a shot..might learn something)
DS Sims 2 Castaway - $1

Yard Sale #10:

PS1 Pitfall 3D Beyond the Jungle - $1

Yard Sale #11:

PS1 games and console - $5 (came with av cord, two controllers, a memory card 3 loose games and a long box game, all the games are shitty sports ones)

Yard Sale #12:

Xbox Fuzion Frenzy - $1 (CIB)

And thats it. My prizes were the box of gamecube stuff and Super Smash Bros Melee because I was not going to fork out what people want on ebay for those items. FFS people...drop your god damn prices you reselling bastards.

Edited: 05/11/2014 at 09:22 PM by Astor Reinhardt

May 11, 2014 at 4:24:56 AM
GREEN00 (0)
< Eggplant Wizard >
Ooh, some nice finds! I wouldn't mind trading for that Gameboy Player Disc...

My collection, http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/GRE...

May 11, 2014 at 9:21:42 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: GREEN00

Ooh, some nice finds! I wouldn't mind trading for that Gameboy Player Disc...

Hahah no. That's going in my collection. Been after that bastard for a while now and I finally got my mitts on one. Plus I'm not really interested in trading...I like cold hard cash.

May 11, 2014 at 9:35:58 PM
RegularGuyGamer (110)
(Kyle aka Zombieguygeezus ) < Master Higgins >
Pennsylvania
Some black hole you got there! Good stuff. NA has taught you well.

May 12, 2014 at 9:00:20 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Originally posted by: RegularGuyGamer

Some black hole you got there! Good stuff. NA has taught you well.
If I keep finding scores like this I might just change the name but it won't last. We have to many resellers out here for it to last long.

May 12, 2014 at 9:08:33 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Didn't think I'd get anything today but I convinced mom to stop at a local thrift store.

Thrift store:

Dreamcast controller + memory card - $5
NES Golf - $3 (Pretty dirty, front label is starting to peel up at side)
NES Baseball Stars - $3 (front label is dirty and damaged, marker on front of cart)
PS1 The Lion King Simba's Mighty Adventure - $3 (CIB)
PS1 Tarzan - $3 (CIB, picked this up mainly because I think this version is the one I loved as a kid)
PS1 Syphon Filter 2 - $3 (CIB)

And popped in the comic book shop next door, just to see if they sold games. They don't but they have tons of figures and comic books related to games so thats nice. Got two Zelda manga's at 10 bucks a pop and a cute little Pinkie Pie MLP Pop! figure for 10 something. Freaking adorable! :3

May 16, 2014 at 7:39:10 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Not a good start today, a yard sale in the neighborhood had a guy I met yesterday tell me he'd bring a bunch of games today...no sign of him or the sale. What a flake...I'll try tomorrow but I don't have high hopes. I also ended up finding a motherload of sales (not many had games...ugh) but we ran out of gas so we had to leave...maybe tomorrow we can hit them up. I hope it's a better turn out tomorrow as well since while there was a lot they were very far inbetween. That's neighborhood wide sales for you..someones always going to "piss in the punch bowl".

Yard sale #1:

Xbox The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - $1 (CIB, With map. Never played this but I enjoy the ES games)

Yard sale #2:

GB Yoshi - $3
NES Section Z - $3
PSP Ratchet & Clank Size Matters - $3 (CIB)

Sadly these came from a filthy reseller...I noticed it after the fact, fucktard had signs up saying he buys games. Bastard...never would have bought them in the first place if I had known he was a filthy reseller.

Yard sale #3:

GBA Frogger's Journey - $1
GBA Classic NES Series Metroid - $1 (My first classic NES GBA game..yay :3 )

Yard sale #4:

Pokemon cards + Tin - $2 (Not a lot of cards but meh)

Yard sale #5:

3 Sonic dvd's - $3 (I buy these game related shows whenever I can..I think it's interesting)

The best was the Metroid I think...Morrowind was nice as well but I really like the Metroid!

Now for some true face palm moments, as a bonus.

So the first one was a benifit yard sale (raising money for cancer or whatever), which ok I get but they had a box with the original Xbox and 4 controllers..maybe the wires as well...marked for 55 bucks! The fuck. Good fucking luck...I can go to Goodwill and get one for 10-15 bucks if I really wanted to.

The second one was even more facepalmish. This lady had a ton of Wii stuff (mainly guitar hero crap with the drums) with a box of games (music games and kid crap) and wires, along with the Wii and a shitty looking balance board. Guess how much she wanted? $200. She said her daughters were selling it because they have an Xbox...do they not know the prices on things? All of it might get you $70 if your lucky. And she wasn't going to sell off peices (I asked on the games before I even looked at the titles). I flat out told her she wasn't going to get that kind of money, the Wii sells on it's own for about $40 (with the cords and mote of course). Plus it was the end of the day so...seriously the hell is she thinking.

May 17, 2014 at 11:41:51 PM
Entity (83)
(M H) < Lolo Lord >
California
I think you've had the longest weekly streak of game finding in the history of the site. You've been picking up good games for a good price every week for over a month now. That's legendary.

If you were to remove all my posts that are me bumping my trade thread at least 25% of them would be me bitching about resellers, so I hate them as much as the next person, but you may want to give them a chance. Was this guy a dick or something?

Because, the fact you were able to get good games from him for a fair price is already a sign the seller may not be that high on the scumbag-o-meter. I completely believe one should assume all resellers are scumbags of the highest degree (so far I would say 97% of the ones I've dealt with are greedy self centered rude thieves) but you should still let them cast the first stone.

I know one reseller who sells games for 2 to 10 times ebay price so I never buy anything from him, but the guy pays 30% the value of games traded in (insanely high in the bay area) and does not lie about traded in games as well as being a generally pleasant human being. If I assumed he was a scumbag of the highest tier and he told me to piss off for being a cheapskate neither of us would have had the dozen of conversations about the joy of playing, collecting, and buying games.

If some lady or benefit has stuff you want and it is obscenely overpriced, instead of telling them they will never sell it ask them where they got their price and if they are really sure they could get that. Work with them.

Or do what some of the more amusing resellers in my area do; badger the seller for 30 minutes to two hours insisting you will not leave until they sell you whatever you want for the price you want. Also knock things over and ask at least 20 inane questions per minute. Heavy accents that are hard to understand help as well.

I've seen at several SNES and NES consoles with 2 controllers and all their wires sell for $5 or less....

Want List.
Trade List.

May 18, 2014 at 1:18:55 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Oh he's a filthy reseller. He's the same jerkoff who spams the CL here with his shitty $$$BUYING NINTENDO GAMES$$$!!!!! ads. Usually 5-6 posted at the same time. Those resellers can go jump in a fire. They clutter up the CL by doing that.

Got some more stuff today at that huge community sale. I ended up going to 22 houses before one person finally said they had games and brought out a stack (mostly shit stuff but I managed to find two ok games)...I'd make a rough guess at the hundreds of houses there...70% had no games. Pain in the ass...all that walking for jack lol..well hopefully I lost a pound or two walking around in the hot sun -_-

Yard sale #1:

360 L4D - $5 (CIB)
Wii WarioWare Smooth Moves - $5 (No manual and in a shitty rental case)

Yard sale #2:

360 Mafia II - $3 (CIB with map)
GC DDR Mario Mix with mat - $3 (CIB)
GC Spyro Enter the Dragonfly - $3 (CIB, With bonus A Heros Tail disc)

Missed out on Super Smash Bros and some Mario Basketball game for the GC, since I didn't think they had games so I waited in the car ffs...really kicked myself hard for that. I coulda gotten a nice deal on them.

Yard sale #3:

PSP Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince - $5 (CIB)
Tetris Link game with travel size game - $3 (CIB as far as I know?)
Mario PVC figure (2 or 3 inches tall?) - Free (He's in fairly good condition given a bunch of kids owned him)

Yard sale #4:

Box of seven SNES games - $4 (Before you get excited they were all crap sports titles and just junk stuff..cheap enough at least)
PS1 Crash Bandicoot Warped - $5 (CIB)
360 Payday 2 - $5 (CIB)
Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl - $15 (CIB, paid a bit more then I would have liked but I wanted this game so meh)
Table top bowling zombies game - $3 (Just got it because it was cute and mom said she would play it with me lol)

They had a Walking Dead card game but sold it earlier...a shame since me and my parents love the Walking Dead.

Yard sale #5:

PS2 Karaoke Revolution - $1 (CIB, Big box version)
PS2 Indigo Prophecy - $1 (CIB)
PS3 Prince of Persia - $1 (Missing manual)
Xbox Panzer Dragoon Orta - $1 (CIB)
Xbox Otogi 2 - $1 (CIB, Case is damaged)
Xbox Jade Empire Limited Edition - $1 (CIB)
GC Pikmin (Disc only), GC Splinter Cell (Disc only), GBA Golden Sun manual, GB Pokemon Yellow manual and game, N64 RF Switch (never seen or knew the N64 had one) - $1

Really happy about the manual, I'll sell the game since I have my own copy from when I was a kid..now I can put the manual to my own copy!

Yard sale #6:

PS3 GTA IV - $5 (CIB, Now I can see what all the fuss is about)

Yard sale #7:

First season of Breaking Bad - $3 (Not game related but a nice find since I really want to see the show, my parents told me it was a great show)

My prizes this time were the Wii Super Smash Bros Brawl game, the Pokemon Yellow manual and the GC DDR Mario Mix with mat. Not a huge fan of DDR games but since it was Mario I thought I'd pick it up to try. To bad it didn't come complete in the big box..I'll have to upgrade to a full set. Oh and the free Mario figure was nice too.

May 18, 2014 at 9:45:56 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Not exactly my usual thing but this was interesting anyways. So today I was feeling pretty sick, and Sundays we've been staying home. Thus I figured I wouldn't get any games, I'd just spend my time cataloging all my new finds. Well my parents were cleaning up in our "storage" room and my mom found an old DS game of mine that I can't even remember owning. Shame she didn't find any retro games or my original DS system that's still missing lol...

The game is Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire. Nothing amazing, but it's still CIB. I don't know if I ever played it. Again though damn shame she didn't find some of my old Gameboy games..I have a sinking feeling that I never sold my Castlevania Legends game and I'm going to find it in a year or two and regret buying another copy lol.

May 19, 2014 at 8:32:58 AM
PILOT-RAZ (0)

< Little Mac >
Indiana
Gotta love Morrowind. Give that one a spin. If you like Elder Scrolls, and can accept the combat system for what it is, I think you'll enjoy it. It's a much darker take on the elder scrolls series; a game made before RPGs were forced to appeal to every consumer.

And I have to agree with Entity, you're making out like a bandit. Keep up that digging!

May 20, 2014 at 7:51:50 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Interesting thing today...got a huge box of xbox games (plus a few dvds mixed in) for 5 bucks. I stopped by a little shop that the lady from the comic book store told me about and turns out they did have some games. Not a ton of games and I guess it was a once in a blue moon do they get them but I got a nice deal. Most are shitty sports games but I saw one or two ok games in there. Most of it's trading fodder for when I go to Al's. I do think I'll keep a few for the cases since I buy damaged case games a lot. I'll find the good ones and list them on here later.

Ok found the only good ones.

Xbox Shenmue II (CIB)
Xbox Crimson Sea (Missing manual)
Xbox Unreal Championship (CIB)
Xbox Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future (CIB, in some sort of NFR limited edition double pack thing)

The rest is shit.

Edited: 05/21/2014 at 03:20 AM by Astor Reinhardt

May 24, 2014 at 4:23:19 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Not many sales today so I stuck to game shops and a thrift store.

Church sale:

SNES Mario Paint mouse pad - $1 (semi yellowed...need to make that de-yellowing stuff)

Book store (they had video games!):

N64 Tetrisphere - $10 (CIB, even has all the paperwork)
N64 Pilotwings 64 - $8
N64 Xena Warrior Princess: The Talisman of Fate - $5
Genesis Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine - $7 (Missing manual)
Xbox Doom 3 Collector's Edition Steelbook - $9 (CIB)
Xbox Grabbed by the Ghoulies - $4 (CIB)
Xbox The House of The Dead III - $9 (Missing manual)
Xbox Sudeki - $5 (Missing manual)

Al's (I ended up trading in a bunch of crap and got $40 in store credit):

SNES Cool World - $5 (Label is badly ripped)
Wii Rabbids Go Home - $8 (CIB)
Gamecube Luigi's Mansion - $35 (CIB, I basically got this game for free)

Thrift store:

Pokewalker - $3
GBA Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories - $7
GB Tetris - $3 (little bit of label damage)
PS1 with AV cord - $5 (This needs some cleaning and TLC, mainly got it to practice fixing one on)
Large Pac-Man plush - $0.75 (Something is wrong with his leg, so I need to fix it)
Sack boy plush with shirt - $0.75 (So freaking cute!!!!!)

Prizes this time, Luigi's Mansion and Sack boy plush. I did get some nice things but I really love I got Luigi for free and Sack boy is so cute! He's going next to my PS3 :3

May 24, 2014 at 5:20:56 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Lucked out and arrived a minute faster then a filthy reseller at a sale with retro games. MWHAHAHA!

Yard sale #1:

White Wii in box - $50 (CIB, coulda gotten one cheaper but I wanted a boxed one)
SNES F-Zero - $2.50
SNES Donkey Kong Country - $2.50
SNES Super Mario World - $2.50
SNES NHLPA Hockey '93 - $2.50 (Missing manual, box is in rough shape)
SNES Madden NFL '94 - $2.50 (Missing manual, box is in rough shape)
N64 Mario Tennis - $2.50 (Has a god damn Gamestop sticker across the label..anyone know how to remove them safely?)
N64 The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - $2.50 (This is odd but part of the gold on the label has been scratched off, leaving a white streak under it? Didn't know it was just a thin layer..)
Wii Donkey Kong Country Returns - $2.50 (CIB)
Wii WarioWare Smooth Moves - $2.50 (CIB)
PS3 Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One - $2.50 (CIB)

Yard sale #2:

Xbox Ninja Gaiden guide - $0.25
Pikachu light up toy - Free

(Also got a phone number of a woman selling her original Gameboy and some games...she said Zelda was one of them, so I hope she finds them lol)

Yard sale #3:

Mario Kart toy car - $0.25

Yard sale #4:

PSP Pac-Man World Rally - $3 (CIB)
PSP Ape Escape Academy - $3 (CIB)
PSP Ape Escape On the Loose - $3 (CIB, disc case is broken and being held together with tape)
PSP Sonic Rivals - $3 (CIB)

Yard sale #5:

360 Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition - $15 (CIB, more then I wanted to pay for it but it has everything and some nice promo stickers in it?)

Yard sale #6 (Family had a bunch of boy gamers...so many games lol):

DS Elite Beat Agents - $3 (CIB)
PS1 Atlantis The Lost Empire - $3 (CIB, I remember playing this as a kid)
PS2 Taiko Drum Master - $3 (Missing manual)
Xbox Time Splitters 2 - $3 (CIB, artwork has water damage and mold on it, ick)
Xbox Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - $3 (Missing manual)
Xbox Soul Calibur II - $3 (CIB)
Xbox Worms Forts Under Siege - $3 (CIB)
360 Resident Evil 5 - $3 (CIB)
GC Sonic Mega Collection - $3 (CIB)
GC Sonic Riders - $3 (Missing manual)
GC Midway Arcade Treasures 3 - $3 (CIB)
GC Tak 2 The Staff of Dreams - $3 (CIB)
GC Odama - $3 (CIB)

I loved beating that filthy reseller to the games...his face was priceless. My prizes this time are Odama, all the SNES and N64 games, and sort of that Wii...it's worth it if it works, since mine is busted for now.

May 25, 2014 at 7:06:36 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Didn't do much today, I stopped at a thrift store and got some shirts for experiments (tye dyeing, bleaching)...some shirts will have video game related characters on them so, I thought I might just mention that. Also found an red Assassin's creed tee shirt...sadly it has ink on it but it still looks cool and it was a buck. I did manage to stop at a pawn shop that was having a 50% off of video games sale.

Pawn shop:

SNES Jungle Strike - $0.50 (Label is worn)
GameGear Jurassic Park - $0.50
GB Pac-Man Special Color Edition - $0.50
GBA Pac-Man Collection - $0.50
DS Drawn to Life - $0.50
DS Namco Museum - $7.49 (CIB)
DS Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow - $7.49 (CIB)
DS Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - $10
PSP Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles - $7.49 (CIB)
PSP Infected - $5 (CIB)
360 Alone in the Dark - $1.50 (CIB)
360 Ninja Gaiden II - $2.50 (Missing manual, case is beat to hell)
360 Dante's Inferno - $5 (CIB)
PS3 Ninja Gaiden Sigma - $5 (CIB)
Wii Obscure The Aftermath - $5 (CIB)

And since it had the wrong disc in it, I got the case and manual for Half Minute Hero for free...since she was just going to throw it away...might as well, now I can buy the game off ebay or something. Really happy about the Castlevania games, I'm thinking about going for a full set of Castlevania games.

Edited: 05/25/2014 at 07:07 PM by Astor Reinhardt

May 28, 2014 at 7:13:10 PM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
A few weeks ago I stopped at a game store in Seattle and forgot to put down what I bought, so here it is...just so I don't forget it lol.

Game Store:

GBC The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - $25 (Way more then I wanted to pay for it but I've been wanting this game since I was a kid..)
3DS The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - $35 (CIB or as CIB as it can get with an electronic manual ffs; Again more then I wanted to pay, but I gave in and treated myself)
3DS Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi - $30 (CIB and still sealed, sexy samurai dating sim? Hell yes!)
DS Kenshuui Tendo Dokuta - $10 (CIB, a Japanese DS game...it was an impulse buy)
Wii The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - $17 (CIB, looking back...I was on a Zelda kick that day lol)

Also got some Gamecube discs cleaned and buffed and bought some spare cases/manual/cover art for a few games I needed.

May 31, 2014 at 3:02:33 AM
Astor Reinhardt (16)
< King Solomon >
Washington
Changed the title of the thread because I keep finding things, and because I don't often go into Seattle, I am planning on going June 4th for my birthday...I'll be hitting all the retro game stores...and I'm not leaving Seattle without a god damn Earthbound! Anyways my haul today was focused on Sega of all things...

Yard sale #1:

Model 1 Sega Genesis with plugs/cords and a Megafire controller with a few games - $10
Genesis Beyond Oasis
Genesis Sword of Vermilion (CIB with hintbook)
Genesis Star Trek: Echoes from the Past (Missing manual)
Genesis Sonic The Hedgehog (CIB)

Yard sale #2:

Box of Sega Master System games, two controllers and a light gun - $15
MS Gangster Town (CIB)
2x MS Out Run (CIB)
MS Zillion
MS Hang On/Astro Warrior
MS Alex Kidd in Miracle World
MS Aztec Adventure
MS Penguin Land
MS Wonder Boy
MS Joe Montana FOOTBALL
MS Grand Basketball
MS Action Fighter
MS Rambo
MS Pro Wrestling
MS Alien Syndrome
MS Shinobi
MS After Burner
MS Rocky
MS Zillion II Triformation
MS Columns

Now I need a Master System lol..I don't have one

Church sale:

Wii Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles - $1 (CIB, idiots were trying to charge me more on this because it was newer, even though the sign said games a buck)
PS2 Tetris Worlds - $1 (Missing manual)
Wii Mario Party 8 - Free (Empty case )
DS New Super Mario Bros - Free (No game just paperwork/manual )
DS Touchmaster - Free (No game just paperwork )

Yard sale #3:

PSP Family Guy Seasons 1&2 - $1

Odd junk store/yard sale place? (Wanted way to much for their junk):

NES Fester's Quest (Has marker on label..might be able to get it off, wanted $10 for it)
NES Snakes Revenge (Wanted $10 for it)
2600 Megamania (Wanted $5)
2600 Q*Bert (Wanted $5, part of the label is ripped and is starting to peel)
Genesis Jurassic Park Rampage Edition (Wanted $5)
GBC Pokemon Pinball (Wanted $5, missing battery cover)

Paid $35 for all of it...good place to dig in bins but over priced.

Goodwill:

SNES Doom - $3 (Was marked at $15 but I talked to the manager and she marked it down to $3 lol! Does has some label damage)

Pawn Shop:

DS Dementium The Ward - $5
DS Mr. Driller Drill Spirits - $3
Wii Link's Crossbow Training - $5 (No manual)
Wii The House of The Dead Overkill - $10 (No manual)
360 Condemned: Criminal Origins - $2 (CIB)
PS2 Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life - $1 (No manual, oddly enough any "old" games they get like PS2 and down they mark for cheap because they don't get them often...)

Prizes are Doom, Pokemon Pinball, box of Master System stuff, and Sword of Vermilion. Kinda looking forward to playing Sword of Vermilion even if it is for the Genesis..looks like a good RPG.