NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

War on Wheels?

May 19, 2010 at 10:01:31 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: i2a2n2

kinda like how I said in the e-zine article I wrote right lol back in... october... or their abouts with pictures...

I haven't used this method but if you use a cake pan with fine sand in it and you put your board chip side up on it your able to control the heat a little better and the solder leaches to the bottom of the sand mixture

EDIT* I wasn't aboard for the Hoppin mad... that was all Matt/Mark Mark/Matt and .... Zzap, Qix, others? but  before my time

This makes it sound like you're using your oven in your kitchen.

That's a good way to give everyone in the house heavy metal poisoning of one sort, or another

-------------------------

May 19, 2010 at 10:29:19 PM
OzNEScollector (80)
(O z) < Kraid Killer >
Australia
Originally posted by: nesguy

Originally posted by: OzNEScollector

another idea i had from last time this was on the table is that a number of special edition CIB spots, lets say 20, can be bought for say $200 upfront - theres $4000 and then a presale as suggested can cover the CIB build and any extra dump costs depending on your price.

it is a longshot but in doing so the SE spots can "hopefully" cover the dump and then the presale thread can atleast break even on the cost of the build.

everyone wins

Nobody else seemed to respond to this, but I think it's a brilliant idea.  There are usually at least 10+ people interested in LE's, and I know if you setup 20 spots you'd probably have no problem filling them.  Give me more a little bit of notice, and you can count me in for one of the spots.  Only 19 more to go, and you've one your way to making some nice bank .

make that 18 

May 19, 2010 at 10:52:05 PM
i2a2n2 (39)
(Ian B.) < Kraid Killer >
Ontario
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Originally posted by: i2a2n2

kinda like how I said in the e-zine article I wrote right lol back in... october... or their abouts with pictures...

I haven't used this method but if you use a cake pan with fine sand in it and you put your board chip side up on it your able to control the heat a little better and the solder leaches to the bottom of the sand mixture

EDIT* I wasn't aboard for the Hoppin mad... that was all Matt/Mark Mark/Matt and .... Zzap, Qix, others? but  before my time

This makes it sound like you're using your oven in your kitchen.

That's a good way to give everyone in the house heavy metal poisoning of one sort, or another

minus the kitchen

minus eggs on top

http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/...

http://www.instructables.com/id/T...

My NWC High Score 661 950  Jan 19th 2010

---------Wanted: SNES PROTOTYPES !!! PM Me-----------

May 19, 2010 at 11:20:55 PM
srh201 (114)
(Hootie McBoobins D.N.S.) < Bowser >
United States
i only read the first page of this (20 messages) but all the information in there was pretty cool. thanks for the numbers, mark. its interesting to see how much this stuff costs (just $$$, cuz we all know that the amount of time that goes into these is ridiculous). just want to say thanks to all you guys out there releasing these bad boys! all you guys rock!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

May 21, 2010 at 12:18:25 PM
DreamTR (163)
(Jason Wilson) < King Solomon >
Tennessee
With the amount of shows coming up, all the CGE Exclusive stuff I am reminded of and how well those sold over the years and how the value has kept up...though they did not do as many limited editions like the NES stuff, though...

www.gamegalaxyarcade.com...

May 21, 2010 at 1:29:43 PM
skylersz (89)
(Skyler S) < Lolo Lord >
Other
Dream that is a great price considering. I bet you could get enough interest in a donation fund and maybe say whatever you donate you get off the purchase of the game. So it's sorta like a pre order with a happy ending. I want my pixel rollerblade icon!

"Wottsa matta wit choo? Ya stoopid or sumthin'? Support WOW Release"

May 21, 2010 at 3:13:08 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Skylerz: Well, I don't have time or the money to do it myself, someone has to take that up if they want the game released, but I'll say this, if this one gets the money funded, I know of another game I can pick up that would require a little less funding for everyone to enjoy as a release also. It all depends on who is willing to take on this project...

Edited: 05/21/2010 at 03:13 PM by DreamTR

May 21, 2010 at 3:27:59 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
How about you give me the information for the other title, I buy and release that one, use the money to buy WoW from you, and then go on to release that.

Everyone wins. Hooray!!!

May 21, 2010 at 3:42:22 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
That's actually not a bad idea Matt...

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

May 21, 2010 at 5:06:29 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee
Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

How about you give me the information for the other title, I buy and release that one, use the money to buy WoW from you, and then go on to release that.

Everyone wins. Hooray!!!

I'm sure everyone here wants to give away their contacts for nothing, LOL!

It's only a good idea if I can keep my games =P

Or you can give me $10,000 and I can give you a pile of fun stuff. Then everyone wins and more stuff gets documented!

May 21, 2010 at 5:39:02 PM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
I don't think he requires the source though...I mean you could always buy it and sell it at cost to Matt, then he releases it and uses the money to buy WoW and releases that. Nobody said you had to divulge your source, I'm sure an amicable agreement could be worked out. It'd be worth it to have two more unreleased games hit the market.

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

May 21, 2010 at 5:50:09 PM
DreamTR (163)
Tennessee

wizard, the problem is we both want the game. I don't want to part with it persay, so if I obtain it, I want to keep it. I have no problem getting it released, both I am sure Matt wants the game as well, so it's a stalemate either way. If I am going to sell anything I'd rather it be a larger amount of stuff...

Either way I'd rather keep this on topic with WoW first before anything else...someone is going to want to take this on and there are interested parties but I'm a little wary of another fundraiser on this end and I can't do boxed/SE games/versions because I'm not the one who is going to release it, someone else will have to...

Edited: 05/21/2010 at 05:53 PM by DreamTR

May 21, 2010 at 7:56:14 PM
ulasamosa (280)
(James Ulizza) < Bowser >
Ohio
not that my opinion should be taken at more then face value but I wouldnt care if the game was CIB or not. Just having another new NES game to play is awesome plus it cuts the cost down tremendously.

May 21, 2010 at 11:12:44 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: DreamTR

Originally posted by: BeaglePuss

Everyone wins. Hooray!!!

I'm sure everyone here wants to give away their contacts for nothing, LOL!

It's only a good idea if I can keep my games =P

Or you can give me $10,000 and I can give you a pile of fun stuff. Then everyone wins and more stuff gets documented!

A few things:
-  Maybe you wouldn't have to divulge anything for free.  I would be willing to negotiate a finder's fee I suppose.  Maybve an unreleased prototype from me to you as an incentive.  Who knows?
-  I don't have anywhere near $10K I can spend towards prototypes.  Keep in mind that I'm a middle school science teacher.  $10K amounts to a good amount of my annual salary.  I love video games, but I also have a mortgage to pay.

I don't even know if I would be interested in said prototype if I don't know what it is.  Something like Street Hero wouldn't interest me to be honest.  If I'm dropping over $1K on something, it has to be really unreleased and not just Americanized.  It would have to be something pretty special.  With Yeager and BFA showing up within a month or so of each other, I'm more than happy waiting around to be honest.

I have to worry about one project at a time I suppose, so no harm no foul.  I just found out that the Chuck Yeager prototype has a legitimate ending, so I have a lot of work ahead of me.  I have three releases in the works as it is, so this would just be a bonus.

May 21, 2010 at 11:50:29 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
matt, who are you kidding? we all know middle school math teachers make upwards of 6 figs! there shouldnt be a rush making any sort of purchase at this point... you need to release everything you have first! then you can roll that profit (if any) into more!

Look, if you don't like the things that I post, don't PM me about it and don't start a war in a thread. Just FOE ME so you don't have to read my posts! That's why Dain put it there! Use it!!!

May 21, 2010 at 11:53:00 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
Originally posted by: skylersz

My dream girl!

May 21, 2010 at 11:56:27 PM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Originally posted by: srh201

matt, who are you kidding? we all know middle school math teachers make upwards of 6 figs! there shouldnt be a rush making any sort of purchase at this point... you need to release everything you have first! then you can roll that profit (if any) into more!

See that's the thing.  I teach science, not math.  Those God damn math teachers keep stealing all the loot!!!!

But really, you're right.  I plan to keep doing what I'm doing.  Releases, to fund releases, to fun releases.  There are at least two more prototypes out there that I'm looking to get my hands on, but in the interim I'll focus on what I have.

#33 will forever be reserved!

May 22, 2010 at 12:20:39 AM
dangevin (219)
(Dan Langevin) < Wiz's Mom >
Pennsylvania
Originally posted by: srh201

Originally posted by: skylersz

(pic)

My dream girl!

So your dream girl is twelve?

May 24, 2010 at 3:23:17 PM
srh201 (114)
United States
gigi spice isnt 12... although she looks much better in that pic than she does in the videos i looked up. she put on some pounds since that picture!

matt, you F'd up! shoulda been a math teacher! haha... my chem teacher was the coolest teacher i had in highschool. he was the bomb! science teachers are always the coolest!

May 24, 2010 at 4:35:35 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Originally posted by: Mario's Right Nut

e:  @ Eirk, see if you got off your ass and came and been social, you would know these things...or if you read my e-zine articles...I'm hurt. 

HA... MRN if you look when I posted this topic it was back before you were even a member of NA.  Wilson just recycled my old topic. 

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:47:19 AM
Elijah (161)
(John (JD) Heins) < Wiz's Mom >
Iowa
This should be moved to Protoculture, took me forever to find it, was curious what the last word on this was, hopefully it can be pulled off!

Selling everything.
-------> *Click Here* <--------

God loves everyone

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:47:19 AM
BeaglePuss (41)
(Matt Nolan) < Bowser >
Massachusetts
Now that Dream is reproducing games (with the help of Succi), I'm sure this game will see a release. I can't wait to actually get the chance to play this title, and I'm looking forward to a fitting production.

Jun 22, 2010 at 5:40:01 PM
Octopus (6)
(Tentacles or Gtfo) < Eggplant Wizard >
Ohio
Dream, by any chance do you own a copy of gunbeat for sega dreamcast?

tentacles or gtfo