Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

3/13 some really nice 5 screw carts Lincoln finds things and posts about them.

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:31:19 PM
Lincoln (138)
(Frank W. Doom) < Bowser >
California

making this an ongoing finds thread

found this in a local pawn shop quite a while ago. just got around to buying it recently. have not see one exactly like it, but looks similar to a bunch of other 3rd party controllers.

Hosted by imgur.com Hosted by imgur.com Hosted by imgur.com

it's apparently new, which is neat. still in the box, which is hilarious:

"new style for palm-holding type

electric rubber constructure

3-level quick firing control

operating easily"

for this, another standard nes controller and a dc controller with memory unit i paid $10. there were 2 more like this if anyone wants one

* haven't had a chance to test it yet. i giving it a 70% chance of working correctly.

-------------------------
ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Edited: 03/13/2017 at 04:14 PM by Lincoln

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:37:55 PM
JJAAMMEESSNNEESS (332)
This user has been banned -- click for more information.
(James S) < Bowser >
California
i love this style of stuff

See how I made my way into the HOS!
http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jan 27, 2010 at 11:38:31 PM
dr.robbie (175)
(Robbie Pacanowski) < Bowser >
Missouri
very interesting

Let's Go Penguins!

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:12:17 AM
Nintendoholic (4)
(Brian Wilbanks) < Crack Trooper >
Texas
Originally posted by: JJAAMMEESSNNEESS

i love this style of stuff

I do too.......there's so much 3rd party stuff out there for NES you just never know what'll turn up next.

ALWAYS searching the local flea markets for buried treasure!!!!!

Jan 30, 2010 at 9:55:43 AM
Skullz (76)
(Brian .) < Kraid Killer >
Iowa
hey, where'd you find that at? I'm heading to Sioux Falls next week!

My Buy/Sell/Trade Post:

My Ebay Stuff:

http://shop.ebay.com/brian111887/...

Willing to cut deals on Ebay stuff for people here, also looking for trades!

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:16:30 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
new finds 3/22

made the rounds after work today and found some good items. i guess i was the first one to go around looking for nes stuff since they put out the weekend additions.

previous: snes super mario all-stars $3 (from a while ago but I didn't post it so here it is)

today, all from local used music/game store

snes Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures $3. my little boy picked this one up, must be a collector in the making
snes super street fighter II $3
nes battletoads & double dragon $8
nes rc pro-am II $13. label is loose at the top but it should be an easy fix.

it's been dry for a few weeks so this was a nice surprise.

ebay auctionsrunning FS thread famiROM thread for .nes info and splitting / rom hacks link/discussion

Mar 22, 2010 at 10:22:50 PM
AllYourBass (101)
(Pepe Silvia) < Bowser >
Alberta
In reference to your first post... Always good to have a Palm-Holding type Jotstick!
(Look at the spelling at the bottom of the box. They spell joystick "joTstick".

In reference to your latest post... Nice NES finds!

Mar 22, 2010 at 11:23:52 PM
Skullz (76)
Iowa
Originally posted by: AllYourBase

In reference to your first post... Always good to have a Palm-Holding type Jotstick!
(Look at the spelling at the bottom of the box. They spell joystick "joTstick".

In reference to your latest post... Nice NES finds!

Wasn't it you that pointed that out on my picture of the controller?

My Buy/Sell/Trade Post:

My Ebay Stuff:

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:45:54 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
so this week is garage sale week for a big part of my town and the last couple days i've hit quite a few places looking for anything good. every few houses i'd find an overpriced n64 with worn out controllers or the last 6 years' worth of madden games and I'm so zoned out I almost overlook this:

$15!! factory sealed! 

it's kind of smooshed but still in decent shape. hooray! i also bought a CIB narc for $1 because the box looks cool and it's worth a dollar even if the game isn't, and a monster brand xbox1 component/optical AV cable for $5.

Edited: 04/28/2010 at 11:47 PM by Lincoln

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:50:43 PM
Ouendan (1)
(Go play Gun Nac right now!!) < Lolo Lord >
California
nice sealed smb3!

Apr 28, 2010 at 11:53:18 PM
pats1717 (894)
< Wiz's Mom >
United States
Hey don't be hating on Narc

Nice scores!

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:29:15 AM
Lincoln (138)
California
so this past friday I hit up my local used cd/dvd/game shop over lunch and noctice they have double their usual stock of nes carts on the shelf. turns out someone unloaded like $400 worth of stuff, mostly or all nes carts by observation, and a lot of it is stuff i have never seen in person. this shop is interesting as they try to price their carts at market value, but with a minimum of $5 across the board. however, their info must be a few years old.

i bought a few carts that jumped out at me during lunch, went home after work to check the price guide and went back for a few more. saturday morning i did another check and went to pick up a couple more. here's what i ended up wtih:

ultimate air combat  $5
motor city patrol  $5
the punisher  $5
micro machines  $6
ghost lion  $7
rainbow islands  $5
L'empereur  $10
fire and ice  $15
bomberman II  $5

i left a couple others that i wasn't concerned with, considering i'd spent in 2 days what i usually spend there in 6 months- king's quest V and raid 2020 for $5 each, and a couple other lesser buys.

the guy at the counter said that's the first copy of L'empereur they've ever had, and the store has been open for 15 years. also i have no idea how to play it.

i nearly had a stroke when i looked in the display case where they keep the better games and saw "flintstones" for $9. it was the rescue of dino and hoppy.

i discovered there's another serious nes hound in town. I had looked at but passed over master chu and a blue bible game at lunch, which were gone when i got back (i'm kicking myself that it might have been bible buffet). they guy at the counter said someone came in and bought like $120 worth of games, apparently picking up a good chunk of camerica ("all like this gold one [micro machines]") and color dreams games. "he's in here all the time." i feel a little relieved that i apparently beat him the first time around, and didn't miss on anything ridiculous like F2, stadium events, etc.

so awesome haul for me. but wait, there's something else! between trips to the store i realized- i have never seen a nes game box in that store. so, on my last trip I asked what happens when they get one "we throw em away." fuck! i'm disgusted thinking they might have thrown out a bomberman II box or any of those other obscure titles. what do i do about that?!

Edited: 08/10/2010 at 12:34 AM by Lincoln

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:32:55 AM
the_wizard_666 (157)
(The Fat Ninja) < Wiz's Mom >
Alberta
Originally posted by: Lincoln

so awesome haul for me. but wait, there's something else! between trips to the store i realized- i have never seen a nes game box in that store. so, on my last trip I asked what happens when they get one "we throw em away." fuck! i'm disgusted thinking they might have thrown out a bomberman II box or any of those other obscure titles. what do i do about that?!

Ask if he'd be willing to set them aside for you.  Be polite, and he probably will just give them to you.  Anyway, nice scores there man!

"It's always amazing to me how some of the most worthless games from a gaming perspective tend to fetch outrageous amounts of money. But then again, it could be said that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'm curious if the high bidder of the $873.04 Stadium Events (cart-only) realizes that it's nowhere nearly as rare as about 20+ games I can think of that sell for 1/10th that amount?  At any rate, I wanted to draw attention to this trend: if people say it's rare, it must be true, and therefore it must be had at any price."
-Dain Anderson, October 14, 2006
Originally posted by: kryptk33p3r

im used to dick jokes i get to see one everytime I pee

Aug 10, 2010 at 12:46:00 AM
Skullz (76)
Iowa
Some good pick-ups Lincoln. That sucks about the boxes, I'd talk to them and see if they'll hold onto the boxes for you. Maybe even offer money for any SNES or NES boxes that may come in. Who know's what they'll take.

I know the store you're talking about, I've been to both of them in Sioux Falls. Their pricing is way out of wack, I see that they try to have current market value, but a lot of times they're way off. I picked up a Battle Toads/Double Dragon there for $3 a few weeks ago. Also last month I found a Ogre Battle for the N64 for $12. It's so hit and miss there.

My Buy/Sell/Trade Post:

My Ebay Stuff:

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:30:42 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
hooray, the local used game & music store finally got some fresh tradeins!

pro sport hockey $5
battletoads and double dragon $8
bomberman II $15
bubble bobble part 2 $30

plus I got $10 off for filling up a punch card. the last 3 are ex-rentals but still in fine shape. definitely counteracts the preceding 3 hours in the dentist's chair today.

also, not game related but too awesome not to post...

MOON SHOES! $5 at Saver's. my wife has wanted these since they were new. none of us can stand up in them.

Edited: 11/08/2010 at 10:32 PM by Lincoln

Nov 9, 2010 at 4:12:10 AM
Shinju (53)
(Nintendo Collector) < Ridley Wrangler >
Washington
Ever want to sell those extra Bomberman II and B and DD carts you have <-----

Nice scores!

Nov 9, 2010 at 10:02:26 AM
FamicomFreak (20)
(Luis Zena) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
Loved the joystick sir, very awesome.

Nov 9, 2010 at 7:09:56 PM
Skullz (76)
Iowa
Damn dude, I know where you bought them.  Was that the CD Shop up on 41st or 10th ST? I haven't been out your way for awhile, I may be losing my South Dakota Territory with my job so I don't know if I can go to those CD stores in Sioux Falls.

My Buy/Sell/Trade Post:

My Ebay Stuff:

Edited: 11/09/2010 at 07:12 PM by Skullz

Nov 12, 2010 at 10:51:38 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
41st store. they need to have a half price sale again so i can clean out a bunch of stuff that's just a little too much right now. have you been to the play n trade across the street?

Nov 13, 2010 at 10:00:11 AM
NESMASTER14 (26)
(color dreams) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Next time I go to South Dakota (my relatives live there) I'm going hunting...for NES stuff! Incredible finds, man. There's gotta be some good stuff near Rapid City or Pierre, hopefully.

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:16:50 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
Haven't seen these before...what are they?

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!

Nov 14, 2010 at 1:02:46 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
which item? i'll assume you are asking about the moon shoes for now, which are a jump enhancing toy. you stand on the floating platform on each shoe and strap your foot down. the black straps are heavy duty rubber bands. there is around 6 inches of travel between the platform and the ground, so they work like a trampoline. they're pretty fun, especially when watching someone else try to figure out how stay upright on them. they were introduced by nickelodeon years ago- maybe around 1990? my wife and i have decided we need to find another pair so we can make people drink and race during parties.

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:27:10 PM
Lincoln (138)
California
picked up some various items over the past few days.

zombies ate my neighbors $10 play n trade
new ps2 network adapter $6 saver's 
conker's bad fur day x2 $20 each (minus $10 for a full punch card) and 
drop dead fred dvd $10 at the local music/movie/game shop 

so nothing spectacular but I'm pretty happy. zombies is one i've wanted to play so $10 from a local store is good enough. the network adapter and one of the conker carts will get stashed until I have those respective systems; the other conker will be trade bait. I started watching for drop dead fred about a year ago when someone else mentioned it's out of print. this is the first one I've seen during my weekly rounds. I watched it for the first time since I was a kid. It's really a pretty f'ed up movie for what it is but has its moments. I've been trying to motivate myself to sell some stuff on ebay so this will go in that pile when I get there.

Edited: 12/23/2010 at 08:29 PM by Lincoln

Dec 24, 2010 at 6:26:51 AM
Krunch (146)
(My name's Krunch) < King Solomon >
Alberta
Not bad. I recommend reselling Conker's instead of trading because it's an uncommon that "normal" people want to play. If there is enough a market where you live you can sell it locally for over $40 even though it's not really worth that much. I have a spare one up for $50 online and some dude inquired about it earlier today...some people don't have eBay...

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bestpric...=
^^discounts for NA members^^

Dec 24, 2010 at 5:12:23 PM
Enslaved (106)
(Edd Showalter) < Master Higgins >
Florida
I love Zombies ate my neighbors. I remember picking that up just to see what the gameplay was like and not being disappointed with my decision.

Check out this really awesome WTB thread that I found, I heard this guy wants games at the cheapest rate possible!  Now on the look out for Unlicensed NES!