Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

NFL 2014-2015 Season Civil discussions and degenerate smack talk.

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:35:12 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Yup super lame. I never respond with old championships of dallas. It contributes nothing and means nothing now

-------------------------

NES  646 (331 Manuals 319 Boxes)
Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:00:05 PM
vern77777 (35)
(8==o------ (.)(.)) < Kraid Killer >
Illinois
The Bears are going to make a little more noise this year. I also think RG3 and Kapernick are both going to have a great seasons. But if I had to bet $, Seattle looks like they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Looking for test carts...

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:36:35 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
Originally posted by: quest4nes

See though did that call help accomplish that? So yeah just shouting championship doesnt mean much. Its like a politician lying there way to office but saying hey look i got here though. Seahawks secondary gets away with murder and PEDs. Dont really care for the seahawks.

I think roughing the kicker - the play that didn't get called would've been the automatic 1st down.

that recovery ball was just another horrible bad call, or non call....

idk NFL season should've ended with that game
because the next one was some weird highschool game.....

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:43:51 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: punkr13

See though did that call help accomplish that? So yeah just shouting championship doesnt mean much. Its like a politician lying there way to office but saying hey look i got here though. Seahawks secondary gets away with murder and PEDs. Dont really care for the seahawks.

I think roughing the kicker - the play that didn't get called would've been the automatic 1st down.

yeah im not going to sit here and say seatle didnt deserve a superbowl. They won it. Its theirs. They are allowed to get away with a lot more defensively because of reputation. I just dont like responses when someone mentions something specific that was some bullshit and then you get a "I cant hear you because this super bowl trophy is in the way" kind of responses. Like the spygate patriots stuff. Dont respond with well we won it all kind of responses when there are legitimate gripes why you did. Just approach those instances with your own reasoning. Ignoring the problem and saying he look over here we won it all is such a politician kinda move. It reminds me of like a news show questioning a politician over a foreign policy issue and they try and twist the question to respond with some bogus women can do what they want with their bodies kind of answer. Its nonsense because they cant handle the truth haha.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:50:59 PM
punkr13 (115)
(B Rye) < King Solomon >
California
for me at the end of the day:

do you lose millions of bucks if 'your team' losses

nope, so i can give a rat'ass about pro sports, its just entertainment at the end (In the big picture)

my art stuff: http://punkr13.deviantart.com/...

my FS thread: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

Jul 20, 2014 at 7:15:10 PM
gutsman004 (126)
(Guts Man) < Wiz's Mom >
Texas
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

And just to clarify. Not trying to say you didnt deserve a superbowl win. Im saying i csnt stand the rebuttle to a bad call being a picture of a trophy. Its just kinda lame way to respond.

Its the only way they know how to respond.  Just like when I show this:

All they say is " Who cares about the past! LOL THATS OLD YOUR TEAM SUCKS 12TH MAN 12TH MAN 12thMAN!

WHO CARES ABOUT 5 TROPHIES? OUR 1 IS BETTER.

Who cares about 21 Hall of fame players?  Our 8 is better! Why? 12TH MAN 12TH MAN 12TH MAN!"

Trolling seahawks fans is so simple.

And I agree.  The Seahawks absolutely deserved their win against Denver.  Denver played horrible.

x 10000000.

You have to pity Seahawks fans,as their team was the little engine that couldn't for so long. Now that they have a championship,they don't know how to handle themselves. It's actually kind of funny (and sad) to see them make fools of themselves now they've actually tasted success.

And for the repeat....NFL history says not likely.

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:20:53 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
Originally posted by: punkr13

I forgot about that call too hahaha

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:24:32 PM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Don't forget we have two Super Bowl wins. Unfortunately The Super Bowl XL trophy mistakenly was given to Pittsburgh but eventually they will realize it's wrong to steal and give it back.

As for this year I can't wait. NFL time is always the best no matter who wins as long as it's not Dallas. NFC West will have the Super Bowl champ one way or another. Toughest division for sure.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

Jul 20, 2014 at 10:32:36 PM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
USA Today's Nate Davis - who correctly picked the Seahawks beating the Broncos before last season began - laid out what he thinks will happen this season:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/spo...

He has the Seahawks repeating with a win over the Colts.

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:37:18 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: TENGEN

USA Today's Nate Davis - who correctly picked the Seahawks beating the Broncos before last season began - laid out what he thinks will happen this season:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/06/02/2014-sea...

He has the Seahawks repeating with a win over the Colts.

3-13 for dallas?

I mean if that  happened it would have to be stars alligning bad. The offense is good enough for 5-11 6-10 on its own without a defense. Romo has a better oline this time. Why does everyone keep bringing up romo and 2 back surgeries? One was just a simple cyst removal that held him out of a little bit of OTAs it was so minor and not anything structural. Now this past one was more serious but he is back right now and looks ok. I mean He grits out games with the best of them. With a better oline and murray running the ball he shouldnt be hit that much. I know it only takes one but shouldnt make him more susceptable to a season ending injury than any other QB. If hes healed, hes healed.  He never relies on running around people. He avoids the rush because he has Roethlisberger awareness. Him and ben roethlisberger have the best 6th sense of the rush in the nfl. 

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 07/20/2014 at 11:38 PM by quest4nes

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:43:19 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
I feel dallas is a minimum 8 win team.

Jul 20, 2014 at 11:51:14 PM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
A lot of people don't believe he really had a cyst removed last year. A cyst procedure won't make you miss 12 weeks. Aikman had surgery on his back in the offseason in '94ish and he missed 12 weeks for that. The way last year that he would just hit the deck if someone got a finger on him I don't believe for a minute he was ever healthy last year. Good thing is he has apparently trimmed down a bit so maybe the back is good to go now.

I agree they should atleast be able to win 7 games but probably more barring a major injury.

Edited: 07/20/2014 at 11:52 PM by dukeofhurl99

Jul 21, 2014 at 12:00:15 AM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Originally posted by: dukeofhurl99

A lot of people don't believe he really had a cyst removed last year. A cyst procedure won't make you miss 12 weeks. Aikman had surgery on his back in the offseason in '94ish and he missed 12 weeks for that. The way last year that he would just hit the deck if someone got a finger on him I don't believe for a minute he was ever healthy last year. Good thing is he has apparently trimmed down a bit so maybe the back is good to go now.

I agree they should atleast be able to win 7 games but probably more barring a major injury.
Romo knows when he has no chance. He always goes down on his own.  Its been a few years. He is protecting himself. All QBs do that. I didnt see any indication last year of anything abnormal about him. until obviously when he injured his back late in the year. My god he looked in agony

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 07/21/2014 at 12:00 AM by quest4nes

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:31:05 PM
MrWunderful (289)
(Corey ) < Wiz's Mom >
California
The "legion of boom" rule: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports....

Inspired by the classy Sherman.

I am curious to see if CB's start getting called on PI more often.

Jul 21, 2014 at 5:43:38 PM
Br81zad (97)
( Beck) < Bowser >
Kentucky
Originally posted by: MrWunderful

I feel dallas is a maximum 5 win team.

fixed that for you

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:28:38 PM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas

Romo knows when he has no chance. He always goes down on his own.  Its been a few years. He is protecting himself. All QBs do that. I didnt see any indication last year of anything abnormal about him. until obviously when he injured his back late in the year. My god he looked in agony

Man I have to disagree with that.  Velocity on his throws was almost reminiscent of Quincy Carter.  When he had a reciever break free down field he didn't have the strength to get it there.  It was worse late in the year but to me I just didn't see the same TR that was lifting a bad team on his back and carrying them to a decent record.  If he had the same O-line last year that he had 2 or 3 years ago he wouldn't have lasted 2 games.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:34:04 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

Man I have to disagree with that.  Velocity on his throws was almost reminiscent of Quincy Carter.  When he had a reciever break free down field he didn't have the strength to get it there.  It was worse late in the year but to me I just didn't see the same TR that was lifting a bad team on his back and carrying them to a decent record.  If he had the same O-line last year that he had 2 or 3 years ago he wouldn't have lasted 2 games.

I dont think you understand that dallas's offense last year was changed. We were a bill calahan run and dink and dunk offense. Youll see completely different play calling with linehan. Much more aggressive. Last year you are confusing how he played with types of plays being called.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Edited: 07/21/2014 at 10:34 PM by quest4nes

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:42:22 PM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I do understand and I also know that Calahan likes to run the ball like he did when he took Gruden's Raiders to the Super Bowl against the Bucs. But that didn't pan out at all last year. DeMarco missing a bunch didn't help that I know. But I also know what I saw and I believe the best Tony was last year was maybe 70% of normal. I am looking forward to the new offense this year and hopefully a healthy Romo that will be able to take a few hits. He even said yesterday that last year he was just trying to get healthy for the season, but with the surgery happening earlier he's recovered and actually working on his game this offseason.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:46:55 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas

I do understand and I also know that Calahan likes to run the ball like he did when he took Gruden's Raiders to the Super Bowl against the Bucs. But that didn't pan out at all last year. DeMarco missing a bunch didn't help that I know. But I also know what I saw and I believe the best Tony was last year was maybe 70% of normal. I am looking forward to the new offense this year and hopefully a healthy Romo that will be able to take a few hits. He even said yesterday that last year he was just trying to get healthy for the season, but with the surgery happening earlier he's recovered and actually working on his game this offseason.

demarco missed 2 games. I think romos year was on callahan. Safe and lame. You can see it in his yards per attempt stat. Its not the same at all to normal romo. I think that was way more the cause than the back. He didnt get OTAs last year so he wasnt in shape to start training camp. He was just behind the 8 ball last offseason since it happened so late.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:52:11 PM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
You're right Demarco did only miss 2 games. I guess I'm accustomed to him missing several every year. He's a free agent next year I think, would you resign him? Right now I don't know, RB ain't what it use to be. I don't think it would be a good idea to give him a big contract next year.

Jul 21, 2014 at 10:54:40 PM
quest4nes (147)
(jeff -) < Bonk >
Texas
Id resign murray to a modest contract. Im sure he wont command top dollars and probably prefers to stay in dallas. Id def pay him though if he stays healthy this year for the most part. He is just good.

Wii U 158
SNES 311
N64  189
Original Gameboy 48

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:09:33 PM
Commander Santa (178)
(Santa ) < King Solomon >
New York
If I were a Giant fan (thankfully I'm not) I would not be looking forward to this year at all.

I'm picking them to have the worst record in the NFL this year.
New offense, Hicks is gone, Snee is gone (although that might be a good thing), Wilson is their top back and defense is full of question marks.

Couple this with the Eagles becoming more stable all around - not to mention more dangerous with McCoy AND Sproles being on the field at the same time...
...along with the Skins getting a healthy RG3 back, a new - more organized coaching staff and adding DeSean Jackson to their receiving corps.

As for Dallas, if these guys can somehow stay healthy - there is a lot of talent here that can do damage. Dez, Murray, Witten, even Romo... I don't think the combination of a suspect Giants pass defense - along with a shaky new offense can even keep up with any of the teams in their own division this year.

Dunno, I think I'll be passing out a lot of cry towels in my home state this year.

Santa's 8-bit Xmas Hall of Heroes
bunnyboy, psychobear85, superbobby, captmorgandrinker, guillavoie, KHAN Games (backup from Jon Solo), fsped09 & zi

Edited: 07/21/2014 at 11:10 PM by Commander Santa

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:40:02 AM
dukeofhurl99 (1)

< Ridley Wrangler >
Texas
I still can't figure out how dumbface Manning put together 2 Super Bowl runs. It baffles the mind.

On D. Murray I think RB has turned into a position that you just need a couple young stiff dicks running the ball and you'll be in good shape with the way passing offenses are run today. I'd hate to see the Cowboys tie up too much salary cap on a running back.

As far as RGIII, I was kinda left feeling that he felt the best way to protect his career (not best way to win) was to become a pocket passer. He's lights out when he's running and gunning but it didn't seem that he wanted to do that anymore. If he goes back to his true style of football then the Washington Racial Slurs can probably have a good chance to be the top team in the NFC East.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:46:08 AM
TENGEN (177)
(DK ) < King Solomon >
New York
For those into fantasy football, what sites do you use for "expert" opinions and articles?

I'm pretty boring and use CBS and ESPN with the occasional Bleacherrepot thrown in. The CBS guys were wrong so many times last year...

What are some other sites worth checking out?

Jul 23, 2014 at 10:31:12 AM
Boosted52405 (487)
(Eric Bizzle) < Bowser >
Iowa
^^^ I really like fftoolbox.com, used them for years. Jeff - we doing some NA leagues this year?