Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

My Collection of Nintendo Dev/Test Equipment Pics Added of Rare SNES Proto Carts & GC Dev Units **Update 07/23/18

Jan 23, 2015 at 12:53:36 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Started to tear apart my Nintendo Dev/Test equipment collection. Wanted to catalog and reorganize things by system. Prior it was a bag of mixed nuts, only grouped by the lot purchased. So while doing the tear down took some photos for your enjoyment. This post will continue to be updated as items are added to my collection and pictures are available. Some of the original post was deleted during site updates. Some of the collections photos have to be uploaded once available again.

**These items are not up for offer. Anything dev related that is can be found in my FS/FT topic**

NES Dev Unit

Demo Boy II

PARTNER-CTR-Debugger & Controller

DMG/Famicom Wide Boy

DMG-ICE

Duck DMG Universal CheKer
duck2.1a
GameBoy DEV Port

DMG-Checker

GameBoy Tester Unit

GBC Kiosk Tommy Hilfiger

SCT SHVC

SNES DEV Kit Sluggo III with Memory Banks

Board used in MK1 SNES build

SNES CONTROL DECK TESTER

SNES Test carts

Both of these next carts were bought in a lot together and the only reason for buying the lot. They are both rather unique carts.
SNES Proto Cart **Front/Back** 

SNES Proto Cart **Front/Back**

N64 SN Maestro64

N64 Gangwriter & SN System carts

N64 NUS-SUD

N64 SN System Cart

Joybus IS-AJB

Joybus NUS-AJB

Nintendo Gamecube Development Suystem

GameCube GDEV

GameCube GDEV Beta Version with modem connection 

GameCube TDEV

GameCube NDEV

Orca Ver 2.0 GameCube

IS-CGB-EMULATOR

IS-AGB-CAPTURE

IS-AGB-CAPTURE USB Hi-Speed

Rockstar Development DS System

IS-NITRO-EMULTOR (Original DS)IS-NITRO-EMULATOR (DS Lite) IS-NITRO-EMULATOR (DS Lite W/ Wifi)

IS-TWL DEBUGGER AND CAPTURE

RVT-R WRITER, RVT-R READER, & RVT-H READER
wii dev
WiiU Dev Controller

Sample 3DS

Sample DSi

Sample DS Lite

Sample SP

Best Buy Nintendo Zones multi region & DS Test carts

TWL-DEV-USZ (Panda) & DEV-UTL-USZ DSi  (Panda)

DEV-UTL-USZ DSi XL

DEV lot Mix of Nintedo and 1 PSP Dev unit

Dev lot purchsed last year

DMG FLASH GANG WRITER

Document in folder are operation manuals and price sheets. http://nintendoagemedia.com/users..." type="_moz" vspace="4" writer="" xl="">  

DSi XL vs DSi screen size kiosk (They run the DSi Xl video loops 1 & 2)

-------------------------
FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Edited: 07/23/2018 at 12:11 PM by JaxsBox

Jan 23, 2015 at 1:26:34 PM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Very nice.
You have some amazing itens, congrats!
But I did find strange the fact that you don't have any Gamecube stuff.
Is there a reason for that?

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:16:11 PM
ne$_pimp (56)
(OM ) < Master Higgins >
Ontario
How did you get a hold of all this stuff?

Playas Guide Logo

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:16:22 PM
Bobo Mcloud (5)
(N64 prototype master ) < Eggplant Wizard >
Western Australia
Nice stuff man, love your gang writer

"Will pay big $$$ for N64 prototypes."

Jan 23, 2015 at 4:29:32 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Galdius

Very nice.

Still need to take more pictures of the collection. A large part was not pictured because simply ran short on time. As for Gamecube don't have much dev equipment but it's a work in progress. Will try to have more pictures up tonight and over the weekend so make sure to check back.

FS/FT/FO: Nintendo Handhelds, Demos/NFRs, Development Equipment, Prototypes, and more http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=6&thr...
Always looking to buy Nintendo Not For Resale titles, Promo items, Development/Test Equipment, and Nintendo Platform Prototypes.

Jan 24, 2015 at 7:16:11 AM
Galdius (13)
< Meka Chicken >
Brazil
Originally posted by: JaxsBox

Originally posted by: Galdius

Very nice.

Still need to take more pictures of the collection. A large part was not pictured because simply ran short on time. As for Gamecube don't have much dev equipment but it's a work in progress. Will try to have more pictures up tonight and over the weekend so make sure to check back.

I definitely will!
The only dev Nintendo stuff that I own are 2 NR Readers, 2 NR discs and a Wii RVT-H.
I would really like to buy a Gameboy game prototype sometime and a NPDP.
Your collection is very nice.

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:58:27 AM
jfreakofkorn (23)
< King Solomon >
United States
nice assortment in the collection ....

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:58:31 AM
Velheim1334 (0)
(Casey Strange) < Crack Trooper >
Wisconsin
Man you ought to run your own service center with some of this stuff! O_o
I'm sure there has to be some profit in that!

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:33:20 AM
Pikkon (8)
(スーパーファミコンコレクター ) < Meka Chicken >
Florida
The DSi and GBA capture units are freaking awesome dude.

How do they look on a modern tv,does the IS-TWL-Capture work with the wii component cables.

Edited: 01/27/2015 at 09:36 AM by Pikkon

Jan 28, 2015 at 2:38:36 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Pikkon

The DSi and GBA capture units are freaking awesome dude.

How do they look on a modern tv,does the IS-TWL-Capture work with the wii component cables.

Thanks to everyone showing interest in the collection. Everything is in working order and has been tested. All of the captures machines have worked with NEC tv/monitor. Some of the equipment has the original software, manuals, and receipts showing purchase price from Nintendo. Next chance I get I will post more pictures including some of the documents.

Jan 28, 2015 at 3:42:04 PM
Speedy_NES (158)
(< Pieter >) < Kraid Killer >
Belgium
Awesome collection, thanks for sharing!

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:11:07 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Speedy_NES

Awesome collection, thanks for sharing!

Thanks! Added a few more things earlier today.

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:43:38 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
A large chunk of pics went missing after an update. Trying to get them back up today. Everyone feel free to comment or ask questions on items pictured.

Feb 2, 2015 at 2:53:21 PM
Retro Dan (0)
(Dan ) < Cherub >
Scotland
Wow. How did you get all of this stuff? That's amazing!

Happy to chat to anyone! Also I'm learning Japanese so if you need a translation for something ask me and I'll do my best to make sense of it! 

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:14:40 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Retro Dan

Wow. How did you get all of this stuff? That's amazing!

Years and years of being a dedicated collector of these items has amassed a decent collection. Also have a small network of people that have helped me out as well.  

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:24:45 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
updated

Feb 21, 2015 at 9:30:33 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
bump

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:33:55 AM
Greg2600 (0)
(Greg Mario) < Eggplant Wizard >
New Jersey
Incredible collection. Live to know more about each one, wouldn't have the foggiest what most of this stuff did.

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:19:52 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
updated

Mar 6, 2015 at 10:24:03 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey
that is some sweet stuff there , does it all still work

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:00:48 PM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: TWarwick07

Everything still works, some of the equipment I am missing the software for. The DUCK is one of the systems in which the software is missing. Being as rare of a unit as it is I'm glad to have it and continue to search for the missing cart to complete the setup. Little by little the collection grows and I complete each piece a little more each year.

Mar 6, 2015 at 11:55:28 PM
TWarwick07 (85)
(Kung Fu Master) < King Solomon >
New Jersey

Everything still works, some of the equipment I am missing the software for. The DUCK is one of the systems in which the software is missing. Being as rare of a unit as it is I'm glad to have it and continue to search for the missing cart to complete the setup. Little by little the collection grows and I complete each piece a little more each year.
so could you actually make a cartridge with them

Mar 7, 2015 at 12:02:41 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States

so could you actually make a cartridge with them

The equipment works but I'm no where near creating any games. It's one thing to collect and know about what it is you're collecting it's a whole other beast knowing how to use it. One day would love to create my own game but far from doing so just yet.

Edited: 03/07/2015 at 12:21 AM by JaxsBox

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:07:24 PM
Xerxes (20)
(Xerxes Dole) < El Ripper >
Ohio
How does the DUCK work? Does it calculate checksums? What info is on that sheet? I seem to see them pictured with that sheet.

Mar 10, 2015 at 10:09:46 AM
JaxsBox (102)
(( NFR )) < Bowser >
United States
Originally posted by: Xerxes

How does the DUCK work? Does it calculate checksums? What info is on that sheet? II seem to see them pictured with that sheet.

The DUCK is a checksum but I'm missing the cart it would be set as the standard to test each game. The sheet is not in English but basically has the sequences you would input to test each function. There is another topic on NA that I made which was done when I first cane across the unit. Cool piece to have in the collection and find myself very lucky. Maybe one day I will own the NES counter part. I'm on my cell or i would link the previous thread on the duck