NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

PSP Go - Black Screen Help

Apr 21 at 6:41:57 PM
PL212 (4)

< Tourian Tourist >
New York
Hi,
So I've had a modded PSP Go for over 4 years now and all of a sudden one night I went to turn it on and nothing displayed on the screen, but the sound still worked.

Do any of you guys know what went wrong exactly? Is there a way to fix this or is the system done for?
Any solid info. on this would help greatly.

I will say I did try a few booting techniques I have found via youtube and a few online sources but none have seemed to work.

Thank you guys in advanced!
PL

Apr 22 at 9:26:35 AM
darkchylde28 (10)
(Doug ) < El Ripper >
Tennessee
My guess would be that the ribbon cable for the LCD finally gave it up. I've never had to work on one of these, but I did work professionally for a cell phone refurbisher for a few years and saw this exact issue with all of the models of "slider" phones that would come through. It wasn't always the issue, but it was incredibly common and normally just required a simple ribbon swap to get it going again. Chances are, if your PSP has seen more than occasional use over the years, that's exactly what you're looking at.

-------------------------
Need Stadium Events + Panesian titles, 6-in-1's, Menace Beach, Moon Ranger & Secret Scout to complete my licensed/unlicensed sets.

If you've got any of the above for sale, hit me up!