Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

Zombie Simpsons Fall of the Simpsons

Aug 24, 2018 at 3:14:41 PM
DarkTone (2)
(GameCube Boss) < Bowser >
United Kingdom
Originally posted by: JamesRobot

Originally posted by: Murray

Lots of great episodes in season 9. The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson being one of them 😎👌

I'm a season 8 guy myself.

Possibly the best episode.

Haven't watched on years. Heard they updated the intro.

-------------------------
"Vacations are dangerous! They give you too much time to realize you work too hard." - Dain

Feel free to help NA  here

Aug 24, 2018 at 3:56:52 PM
Abelardo (77)
(Abelardo González) < El Ripper >
Mexico
Nice analysis, never stopped to think about what happened to The Simpsons, at the time I switched over to South Park and then Futurama, never got back to watching The Simpsons again. By looking at the episode list I remember most of season 8, some of season 9, little of season 10 and almost nothing beyond that, one of my favorite episodes is from season 8, Homer's Phobia, I don't know how well it has aged but it was hilarious, just found out that John Waters guest-starred it, that's really cool!

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:55:46 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
8 is uneven. 9 is more bad then good. 10 and beyond are unsalvageable.

Anyone who doesn't think the show changed is nuts

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Aug 24, 2018 at 4:57:02 PM
Brock Landers (61)
< Wiz's Mom >
Federated States of Micronesia
Bart Sells His Soul is the best episode

Writing about every SNES game - Volume VIII (#400-351) - Migrating to snesrankings.com as we speak
SNES Set - 716/723 (Casper)
Switch: SW-6880-6470-3131

Aug 24, 2018 at 5:03:51 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
I was a huge Simpsons fan growing up, but I don't watch it much anymore. You Only Move Twice was the greatest episode of all time and included the best one-time character in the show's history.

Overall, I probably have better memories of Futurama, but maybe that's because I watched that more in my adulthood.

Has anyone been watching Disenchantment? I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in and I've been enjoying it. I find it more similar to Futurama than the Simpsons. I enjoy it, but I can't yet say it's better than Futurama or Simpsons.

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Edited: 08/24/2018 at 05:04 PM by TDIRunner

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:19:10 PM
Bort License Plate (56)
(Barclay Barry Bert Bort) < Wiz's Mom >
Ontario
Originally posted by: TDIRunner

Has anyone been watching Disenchantment? I'm about 6 or 7 episodes in and I've been enjoying it. I find it more similar to Futurama than the Simpsons. I enjoy it, but I can't yet say it's better than Futurama or Simpsons.

I haven't but I am very interested in checking it out. I'm more of a Futurama fan myself so that's good to hear. Bug fan of the Simpsons as well so I'm sure it'll be up my alley

Switch Friend Code: SW-3306-9533-2032

Aug 24, 2018 at 6:27:27 PM
TDIRunner (17)
(Jon ) < King Solomon >
Illinois
Originally posted by: Nert

Originally posted by: TDIRunner

I haven't but I am very interested in checking it out. I'm more of a Futurama fan myself so that's good to hear. Bug fan of the Simpsons as well so I'm sure it'll be up my alley

If you like Futurama, I definitely recommend Disenchantment.  If you like the Simpsons, I still recommend it, but you may not enjoy it as much.

One thing I've noticed in only a few episodes, it looks like they are going to include a lot of little subtle things that reference previous episodes.  I really enjoy that type of stuff, and The Simpsons and Futurama were full of that stuff.  

Maybe, just once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "you're making a scene."

Aug 26, 2018 at 10:19:10 PM
VmprHntrD (0)
< El Ripper >
United States
I just started watching Disenchantment this morning and wow it's good so far. I'm sitting here finishing up reading the site to head back into episode 2 of it as I have netflix up already.