Skip navigation
NintendoAge
Welcome, Guest! Please Login or Join

"But most of all I remember the road warrior." Fury Road on the way......

May 15, 2015 at 2:52:11 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Every review i've seen so far has been 5/5, 9/10, A. I'm seeing it Sunday and I can't wait.

-------------------------
SW-6786-5095-2210

May 15, 2015 at 3:04:08 PM
Jerbilly (62)
(Jeremy ) < Master Higgins >
Michigan
For what it is worth, I would give the film an 8.5 out of 10. 10 being good, not bad

May 18, 2015 at 3:49:25 AM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Just got back. Thought the story was pretty stupid, and the acting wasn't the greatest, but the visuals and stunts were insane.

SW-6786-5095-2210

May 19, 2015 at 2:36:05 AM
Braveheart69 (222)
(AKA BLACKBOXY) < Wiz's Mom >
Washington
Yeah visuals were good, but lacked real depth. Basically just a long semi ride and then hey let's turn around and do it again.

I HAVE IT ALL NOW NES WISE!  Unless you come across a Canadian DK JR MATH... if so I'm a Buyer!
USA GG set (Including all variants): COMPLETE!   Set includes 244 / 257 Sealed/NEW!
Euro GG set (Including all variants): Missing 9 boxes, 9 books, 9 carts.
Japan GG set: COMPLETE!  196/196
Brazil GG set: Have 61/68.  Need 5 boxes, 7 books, 3 carts.
GG Pirate Total68 different & Counting, Including Car Licence!
GG Prototypes:  4

May 20, 2015 at 10:47:48 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
It blows my mind that a new Mad Max film from George Miller does not have seem to have nearly as much interest as any studio superhero film or television program like The Walking Dead or Sons of Anarchy. We ain't ever gonna make it.

May 20, 2015 at 10:50:40 PM
attakid101 (19)
(Fredo ) < King Solomon >
Idaho
Watched it yesterday. My face was sufficiently melted. Really fun movie.

May 20, 2015 at 11:03:00 PM
Andy_Bogomil (100)
(Pete ) < Bowser >
Canada
I really liked it overall. It was definitely a very visually stunning movie with some of the most seamless special fx work I've ever seen. My only issue was some of the writing/costume design was way too over the top. Again, I know that's kind of the point of the movie, but in spots it felt like it was almost comedic like it was directed by Rob Zombie or something which I felt took away from it. The plot was very thin, but that is to be expected. It was definitely worth the money for a ticket and it's a must see on the big screen in my opinion. If you like custom metal work and explosions this movie would be your wet dream.

Wii U Collection Status: 160/161. Just Dance 2018. 

May 24, 2015 at 8:58:41 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Here is a link (NSFW, friends!) to an amusing review of the film that Maddox posted on his internet thing: http://thebestpageintheuniverse.n...

Oh, it contains spoilers! Beware! Be aware! Watchout!

Edited: 05/24/2015 at 09:05 PM by Jerbilly

May 24, 2015 at 9:08:28 PM
0xero0 (230)
(Drunk Robot) < Kraid Killer >
Oregon
I saw this last weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually want to watch it again, it was that good.

Open to trades http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/...

May 24, 2015 at 9:36:24 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
2 hours of the most creative destruction I have ever seen.

Very cool, throughout. The visual work is so over the top that it burns itself into your mind and keeps replaying.

May 24, 2015 at 9:46:18 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: arch_8ngel

Very cool, throughout. The visual work is so over the top that it burns itself into your mind and keeps replaying.

I agree completely, dude. I am curious to know if you have any complaints or criticisms that will not spoil anything for those who have not yet seen it. So far I only have a few people to talk Mad Max with!

May 24, 2015 at 10:01:00 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia
Originally posted by: deathrock83

Here is a link (NSFW, friends!) to an amusing review of the film that Maddox posted on his internet thing: http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=mad_max_hell_yeah

I didn't even know Maddox still had a site, his review is pretty typical, not used to seeing him like things though.

100 stars out of 5, lol.

SW-6786-5095-2210

May 24, 2015 at 10:01:51 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan
Originally posted by: empire

Here is a link (NSFW, friends!) to an amusing review of the film that Maddox posted on his internet thing: http://thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=mad_max_hell_yeah

I didn't even know Maddox still had a site, his review is pretty typical, not used to seeing him like things though.

100 stars out of 5, lol.

Heheh, that is a very good point. I did not even realize this until you mentioned it!

May 24, 2015 at 10:13:16 PM
LudwigKoopa (69)
(Michael ) < Kraid Killer >
Washington
Loved this movie, saw it a few days ago. Such amazing action, heart-pounding music, and visuals.

Currently Playing:
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Xenoblade X

Recently Beat:
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, Xenoblade X, Strider 2014

Backlog/Beaten Games:
https://docs.google.com/spreadshe...

May 24, 2015 at 10:32:40 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

I agree completely, dude. I am curious to know if you have any complaints or criticisms that will not spoil anything for those who have not yet seen it. So far I only have a few people to talk Mad Max with!

No complaints, at all. Certainly the strongest of the Mad Max films, IMO.

Read a really cool fan theory that this max is actually the feral kid from Road Warrior taking up the mantle, since that lets the years of events all stay canonical.

If that is intended by Miller it is a very cool way to tie it all together.

May 24, 2015 at 10:40:13 PM
BrodyWanKenobi (3)
< Crack Trooper >
Michigan
I loved it. I also think it was better seeing the movie a second time. But I think it's one of, if not the, best action movie I have seen in years. I must add that I saw Fury Road and Age of Ultron about a week apart, and Avengers was nothing compared to Fury Road.

I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

May 24, 2015 at 10:42:03 PM
empire (58)
(Not me! ) < Wiz's Mom >
British Columbia

No complaints, at all. Certainly the strongest of the Mad Max films, IMO. Read a really cool fan theory that this max is actually the feral kid from Road Warrior taking up the mantle, since that lets the years of events all stay canonical. If that is intended by Miller it is a very cool way to tie it all together.

At the end of the Road Warrior, the narrator who reveals himself to be the feral kid, says he becomes the leader of the northern tribe. It's just fan theory.

Also Miller said he's putting a black and white version of the movie on the blu ray, that should be interesting.

SW-6786-5095-2210

May 24, 2015 at 10:42:49 PM
Jerbilly (62)
Michigan

No complaints, at all. Certainly the strongest of the Mad Max films, IMO. Read a really cool fan theory that this max is actually the feral kid from Road Warrior taking up the mantle, since that lets the years of events all stay canonical. If that is intended by Miller it is a very cool way to tie it all together.

Oh, something that you may find interesting: Miller has helped write three comic books that tell the back stories of key characters leading up to the film. I will not consider this a spoiler, as it is is mentioned in the ad itself, and may help to explain something that I believe you might have mentioned before: Max must go into Gastown to obtain the final part he needs to rebuild the Interceptor!

May 26, 2015 at 9:41:22 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: empire

At the end of the Road Warrior, the narrator who reveals himself to be the feral kid, says he becomes the leader of the northern tribe. It's just fan theory.

Also Miller said he's putting a black and white version of the movie on the blu ray, that should be interesting.

I think it's a pretty strong fan theory, as things go, though.

Based on the "day count" tattoo that Max gets -- it works out to 33 years, exactly -- I'm guessing is their way of counting the "post apocalypse" time (in days from the nukes, rather than years).
In other canon, Road Warrior is 2 years BEFORE the nukes go off, and Thunderdome is 15 years AFTER Road Warrior, so this puts Fury Road around 20 years AFTER Thunderdome.

The Feral Kid would be roughly the right age, and it would make a great tie-in with the early trilogy, on top of the "classic gear" that Mad Max wears and uses.

And I don't think any of that invalidates the final monologue of Road Warrior.

Think about the first 3 movies as showing the world going to hell, and no matter what Max does things only ever get worse.
And this movie is the turning point where the Feral Kid starts reassembling civilization and ultimately becomes the leader that people need.

Edited: 05/26/2015 at 09:50 AM by arch_8ngel

May 26, 2015 at 9:50:57 AM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia

Oh, something that you may find interesting: Miller has helped write three comic books that tell the back stories of key characters leading up to the film. I will not consider this a spoiler, as it is is mentioned in the ad itself, and may help to explain something that I believe you might have mentioned before: Max must go into Gastown to obtain the final part he needs to rebuild the Interceptor!

Neat.  I'll definitely check it out.

May 26, 2015 at 9:54:15 AM
MAIL_BAG (151)
(Rip ) < King Solomon >
Virginia
Going to watch it today after some lunchtime beers.

May 26, 2015 at 12:24:46 PM
galacticlint (99)
< Meka Chicken >
United States

The visual work is so over the top that it burns itself into your mind and keeps replaying.

It's a pretty clever social control infrastructure we invite in for dinner-
Even from ancient times so many have been cultivated from birth into manageable "altered states" triggered by associations, little splitting train tracks in your mind.

Symbols and profound imagery resonates in us on a primal, golden ratio sort of level.
Altering bloodflow to parts of the brain, fuindamentally changing us over time, shifting and subverting our gift of "placebo effect" which is really the power of vibration and intention/affirmation into a distracted state that our calcified modern pineal gland cannot always retreive in times of darkness.

May 26, 2015 at 12:26:34 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: galacticlint

e that our calcified modern pineal gland cannot always retreive in times of darkness.
OK, you just went full conspiracy-theorist-prepper-crazy.

Watch out for the flouridated water!  It blocks your "mind's eye"

May 26, 2015 at 2:38:16 PM
galacticlint (99)
< Meka Chicken >
United States
Just be aware that ridicule at the truth is the truth's greatest enemy
In a broad general sense.

Here is a court at the Vatican.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg....

Recognize anything? It's our connection to source.

There are lots of unexplained things that few focus on. This is the key.
Does it seem entirely right that CERN is opening up spiral portals in the sky while on the official record "we can't find the cause of the common cold1!" and people chuckle at that euphemism?

The same way you have just outlined my perceived odd behavior with lighthearted invalidation and then go off to make the daily bread without second thought?

It's right under the surface of everything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cora...

It's okay if you think I'm crazy, I am admittedly an odd person.
Disclaiming all of what I say as PURELY crazy and wholly unfounded is a mistake that will only harm your openness to receive.

Even if what I say is a metaphor, am I espousing hatred?
What do I seek to gain by posting such crazy nonsense?
Or just go about your day, but good luck in that case becausue you'll need it.

Edited: 05/26/2015 at 02:38 PM by galacticlint

May 26, 2015 at 3:23:05 PM
arch_8ngel (68)
(Nathan ?) < Mario >
Virginia
Originally posted by: galacticlint

Just be aware that ridicule at the truth is the truth's greatest enemy
In a broad general sense.

Here is a court at the Vatican.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/21/08/e2/2108e2754...

Recognize anything? It's our connection to source.

There are lots of unexplained things that few focus on. This is the key.
Does it seem entirely right that CERN is opening up spiral portals in the sky while on the official record "we can't find the cause of the common cold1!" and people chuckle at that euphemism?

The same way you have just outlined my perceived odd behavior with lighthearted invalidation and then go off to make the daily bread without second thought?

It's right under the surface of everything.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

It's okay if you think I'm crazy, I am admittedly an odd person.
Disclaiming all of what I say as PURELY crazy and wholly unfounded is a mistake that will only harm your openness to receive.

Even if what I say is a metaphor, am I espousing hatred?
What do I seek to gain by posting such crazy nonsense?
Or just go about your day, but good luck in that case becausue you'll need it.

Are you for real?  Or are you making a long-play joke/troll?

I mean, I'd be happy to debunk or clarify specific misunderstandings that you appear to have, but this post is so over-the-top that it seems futile.

Was there a compelling reason you dropped into a movie discussion thread to derail us with conspiracy theorist nonsense?

Edited: 05/26/2015 at 03:31 PM by arch_8ngel